Ch 42: Testing

Ji Ling was locked up in  small dark room and almost burst into tears. So why was he so unlucky? He was caught again just when the system was out of service. Now his eyes were completely black and there was no one he could turn to for help.

What's worse is that Ning Yu was involved this time. Thinking of the scene where Ning Yu was injured while trying to save himself, Ji Ling became even more anxious. He didn't know where Ning Yu was taken and how he is doing now...

But no matter how worried he was, he couldn't do anything. For the first time, he hated his own weakness. He was a waste in this interstellar world full of monsters.

Ji Ling sat there blankly.

After a while, he realized that he couldn't go on like this. He groped to the door and banged the metal door desperately: "Hey! Is anyone there? Let me out!"

But after shouting for a long time, his voice became hoarse, but only his own voice echoed in the room. He reluctantly put his ear to the door, but could not hear any movement outside.

There was just an eerie silence.

Ji Ling slapped the door angrily, his hands turned red, and his eyes were annoyed and helpless. Just when he was about to give up... there was a sudden click, and the metal door was suddenly pushed open.

Ji Ling was startled and staggered back a step. He looked up at the tall man wearing a silver mask in front of him. He couldn't help but be startled, and then a look of fear and alert appeared in his eyes.

This scene is really similar to last time...

That time he was finally rescued by Jing Sui, and he swore never to leave the Emperor Star again. He really didn't want to fall into the hands of this elusive and terrifying rebel leader again. Even though he had saved him once in his previous life, Ji Ling was not. An adventurous character, he cannot completely trust a terrifying enemy who does not even know his true identity.

Just because the person didn't kill him at the time doesn't mean the person is safe and harmless.

Although Ji Ling was very scared, when he thought of Ning Yu, whose life or death was uncertain, he still mustered up the courage to look at him and asked: "You, where did you take Ning Yu?"

After he finished speaking, he thought for a while. Although Ning Yu was famous, what if Gabriel didn't know him? So he added: "That's the person with me!"

After Ji Ling said this, he saw the man in the silver mask taking a step forward. He immediately took a step back nervously, gritting his teeth and looking at the man stubbornly.

Gabriel lowered his eyes and looked down at the young man who was clearly terrified but was looking at him stubbornly. There seemed to be a strange and strange light emerging in his dark eyes. After a while, he spoke in a hoarse and harsh voice, implying a teasing smile: "Aren't you worried about your own situation? Are you still in the mood to care about others?"

Ji Ling was stunned. Yes, although he was really afraid of this person, he instinctively felt that he would not hurt himself... He didn't know why he had such strange and contradictory thoughts. It was probably because whether it was How did this person really treat him, neither in the previous life nor in this life?

So after being taken away, he subconsciously ignored his situation and was more worried about the injured Ning Yu...

But at this time, I have no intention of paying attention to such details. Gabriel is neither the target of the mission, nor is he familiar with himself, nor does he know Jing Sui or the others. He is just a character mentioned briefly in the original book... Besides, who cares about those things when it comes to life and death? Some or not! Of course human life is more important!