Ch 40: Green Light

Ji Ling's eyes were full of horror, watching the man kiss down fiercely, he desperately wanted to struggle, but the man's hand was like cast iron, like a ruthless tyrant, which made him feel so fragile and small , did not give him any chance to resist and escape at all.

Ji Ling thought in his heart, don't do it, is he going to be fucked like this?

Take precautions, avoid Jing Sui but not Carlos...

The man's kiss landed on his neck bit by bit, and the cold water waves gently swayed, making his blood seem to be frozen.

He seems to have returned to the previous life, when this terrible man appeared in front of him from the sky, and walked towards him step by step. There was still blood on the man's body that hadn't dried up, and his eyes were cold and without warmth.

At that moment, he was so clear He realized that he might be going to die, because he appeared in a place where he shouldn't be, and he saw someone who shouldn't be seen. At the critical moment, he put all his eggs in one basket and chose to take the initiative to step forward-that time he made the right bet.

Ji Ling's body trembled slightly, his eyelashes were stained with water, and he opened his lips and called out in a low voice: "Uncle Carlos..."

This trembling call made the man pause slightly, He raised his head, revealing a pair of violent eyes.

The boy's blue eyes were full of water, and tears flowed down his cheeks. He was so sad and helpless, like a child who had lost his last trust and support when he was desperate. Willingly, looked at him with the eyes of the last hope: "You are the person I trust the most, why do you treat me like this..." 

The words, which were clearly light and fluffy, fell into Carlos' ears, but seemed to carry With a mighty force, the violent jealousy in Carlos's chest was instantly suppressed, leaving only the pain that tore his heart.

Carlos stared fixedly at the boy.

As if returning to the last life, on that desolate and lonely planet, the boy stood in the dark place, looked at him sadly, and asked him, is it really you, Uncle Carlos... that was the whole life, and he could

n't The scene of forgetting, accompanied him to the moment of death.

What was he doing just now?

He once vowed to protect the boy in this life and never hurt him again. He lured the boy to his side at all costs in order to love him better, not to make him sad.

He should have been more patient.

But now, just because the boy gave him a negative answer, he didn't want to endure it any longer, wanted to possess him and hurt him, and smashed all the boy's trust and dependence on him... He actually thought of such a cruel thought

.

I don't know how long it has been.

Carlos slowly let go of his hand, covered the pain in his eyes, and made a hoarse voice: "I'm sorry, I just love you so much."

Ji Ling didn't answer him, as if he was extremely sad and disappointed, staggering Climbing out of the lake, he was in a panic, lost his mind, and turned around to leave here.

Carlos took a step forward, remembering to hold the boy's hand, but the boy who had been docile and obedient before avoided him this time, biting his lips, refusing to look at him no matter what.

Carlos looked at his empty palm for a long time, then twitched the corners of his mouth mockingly.

...............

Ji Ling kept silent all the way, sitting curled up in a corner, letting his wet clothes stick to his body, closing his eyes and not saying a word to Carlos, until he got home, his head was gone. Without going back, he locked himself in the house.

Today - too dangerous!

Ji Ling took a deep breath and paced back and forth in the room, very anxious.

He originally thought that the fake marriage contract with Carlos was to protect himself, but now he realized that it was actually a sheep in the mouth of a tiger, and Carlos also had evil intentions towards him! And to do that kind of thing to himself without hesitating to tear his face, Ji Ling is going crazy with this world where everyone bends over!

Ji Ling: [Why do all men in this world want to sleep with men:)]

The system's weak reminder: [This is the world of Tanmei literature...]

Ji Ling: [So, which spicy chicken author wrote this spicy chicken novel? ? 】

The system dare not make a sound.

This is probably the despair of the straight male host who penetrated into Danmeiwen.

Ji Ling stayed in the room all day long, not even eating with Carlos. He actually wanted to go home, but if he went home, he might be blocked by Jing Sui, which was also unsafe. Jing Sui, who turned black on the day of the engagement, still haunted Ji Ling. As for going to other places, I can't protect myself. Who knows if these two powerful perverts will surround me?

After thinking about it, I have nowhere to go except Jing Sui and Carlos!

This hopeless world.

It's like choosing the easier one out of the two delivery propositions?

Ji Ling: [I think this task is really impossible to do, I want to apply for a replacement task! ]

System: [But there has never been a precedent for changing tasks for the host before...]

Ji Ling: [Then have you ever had a precedent for the rebirth of all mission targets? ]

System: [...]

Ji Ling: [This world has collapsed into such a state, don't you feel that you are also responsible? ]

System: [...]

Ji Ling: [Either change the task, or apply for compensation, you choose one! 】

The system was silent for a while, hesitated, and said: 【Then I'll go back and apply for you? 】

Ji Ling waved his hand: [Go, go. ]

System: [But I don't guarantee that it will be successful. 】

Ji Ling showed a vicissitudes of life expression, and smiled: 【It doesn't matter, can I be worse than now? ]

System: [...]

Ji Ling: [Remember to come back early. ]

System: [Then I'm really going, I'm not alone with you, be careful. 】

Ji Ling:【You go early and come back early, maybe you can come back to see me one last time. 】

System: 【...】

............

In order to avoid Carlos, Ji Ling began to frequently attend outside banquets.

In fact, ever since Jing Sui confessed to Ji Ling in public, Ji Ling has suddenly become very popular in the aristocratic circle, with constant invitations every day, until Carlos got engaged to him and announced that he was his lover, Ji Ling's status once again welcomed A new peak has come!

He is no longer just a waste of money that only appears in gossip and entertainment gossip.

As His Majesty's sweetheart and Carlos' fiancée, Ji Ling's status is the most honored - second only to His Majesty and Carlos, and even his father, Grand Duke Ji Ting, has begun to sit on an equal footing. From the point of view of the trousers.

No one dared to despise him anymore.

No matter how His Majesty fights with Archduke Carlos in the future, whoever wins and who loses, Ji Ling is the person they hold in the palm of their hands. It is always good to please Ji Ling.

Ji Ling didn't like to attend banquets before. When he was on Earth, he was just an ordinary boy, not from a wealthy family. He was even a little shy and introverted. This kind of hypocrisy and affectation of the upper class made him very headache.

But compared to staying with Carlos, even attending this kind of banquet is not unbearable, at least it is the safest and safest choice at present.

So Ji Ling began to accept the invitation, leaving early and returning late.

It was usually late at night when I got home, and I would not meet Carlos, and even if I did occasionally, I would just pass by.

Carlos never forced him, occasionally looked at him with sad eyes, but Ji Ling also turned a blind eye. He didn't even want Jing Sui, so how could he accept this big villain who had been at odds with him for two lifetimes? He still wants to live a few more years.

On this day, Ji Ling went to Earl Gerrard's house to attend a banquet.

The last time I attended the banquet at Earl Gerald's house was because of Deng Dong's invitation, which was actually just over two months ago, but coming here again feels like a world away, and everything has been turned upside down.

Two months ago, he was still a good-for-nothing who was looked down upon by everyone, playing and laughing in the corner with a few other juniors like him.

Two months later, Ji Ling sat in the middle of the garden, surrounded by a group of well-dressed dignitaries who were as old as his father, and the owner, Earl Gerald, personally accompanied him, looked at him courteously, and said with a smile: " Ji Shao being able to come to the humble house really makes this place flourish."

Everyone responded one after another, smiling respectfully and politely at Ji Ling.

Earl Gerald's mood is actually quite complicated.

He still remembers what happened on that day two months ago clearly. He often holds banquets at home, and there are too many scumbags and juniors to attend. He doesn't have the heart to remember every insignificant person, if His Majesty didn't find out Ji Ling and stopped him, he would not notice Ji Ling at all.

At that time, seeing His Majesty and His Excellency Carlos being jealous because of Ji Ling, I still thought it was ridiculous. I thought His Majesty and His Excellency Carlos were just using Ji Ling as an excuse to play a game, and I didn't think His Majesty and His Excellency Carlos would really play tricks on this trash. What do you think about the pants. He thinks that Ji Ling is just a pawn in their rivalry.

But Earl Gerald has absolutely no such thoughts now. His Majesty will not confess to a chess piece in public, and Carlos will not be engaged to a chess piece. Hypocrisy and peace, even fighting for it!

The scene at the engagement banquet that day, although no one saw it with their own eyes, the movement was huge and many people heard it.

This news shocked the entire upper class of the imperial aristocracy, but no matter how unbelievable it all is... the facts are right in front of you, you have to believe it or not.

This superficial waste of trousers is now the apex of His Majesty and Your Excellency Carlos. His status is higher than any of them present, and his energy cannot be underestimated. No one dares to snub him.

Everyone looked at Ji Ling cautiously, sighing in their hearts.

Who knew that Ji Ling, who was still by His Majesty's side last time, became His Excellency Carlos' fiancée in the blink of an eye? Things really are impermanent.

Ji Ling has long been used to these people's curious, awe-inspiring and complex gazes. Although he felt a little embarrassed at first, he gradually found the knack, and he didn't have to deal with it if he was not good at it. Anyway, no matter whether his attitude is good or not, and his words are right or wrong, no one dares to have any opinions. Even if he made a joke today, others will have to praise him and say that Ji Shao made a good joke.

It's really a kind of invincible loneliness...

Ji Ling sat there lazily, listening to other people's flattery, usually too lazy to respond, when he was in a good mood, he said "um", and others were also flattered.

But in fact, most of the time, Ji Ling didn't hear what others said clearly, and couldn't even remember the appearance of the other party.

It's so boring.

But I don't even want to go back to face Carlos...

When Ji Ling was a little distracted, he suddenly heard a commotion in front of him, subconsciously looked up, and found a young man in ordinary military uniform being pushed and shoved in front of Earl Gerrard.

The young man looks ordinary, he should be a corporal from his military uniform, and he should be from a commoner background from his demeanor and temperament. He looks a bit out of place in front of these well-dressed high-ranking nobles.

The young man's face was flushed at the moment, and he looked at Earl Gerald with incomparable anger.

A beautiful noble girl ran over behind him, with tears still on her face, she knelt on the ground and looked at Earl Gerald beggingly, "Father, please let him go, please."

Ji Ling looked at this scene with curious eyes. It turned out that this girl was the daughter of Earl Gerald, but what happened? He had attended many boring banquets these days, and this was the first time he saw such a thing, so he cheered up immediately.

Earl Gerald didn't face his daughter and her commoner couple with the same respectful and pleasant expression as when facing Ji Ling, but said with a cold expression: "Sally, do you know what you are doing? You have disappointed me so much. "

Sally's face was pale, and she cried and said: "I'm sorry, I know I was wrong, please let him go, I promise I will never have any contact with him in the future!

" He grabbed Sally and said sharply, "Don't beg him, let him kill me today, and I won't leave you!"

Sally was so scared that her face was pale and her eyes were red and she said: "Jonah, Shut up!"

Jonah blushed and said, "I won't leave you, we are in love, why should he stop us? Just because I'm a commoner?!"

Ji Ling saw this , suddenly realized.

In fact, he had heard of this kind of thing before, but he had never seen it with his own eyes. It is said that for the sake of the purity of blood, the conservative imperial nobles refused their children to marry common people. Once they found out, they would beat the mandarin ducks, and in severe cases, they might even kill each other directly!

As absurd as it is, these things are real.

Ji Ling couldn't help but think of his original world. It's already the 21st century. In a certain magical country, some people will commit honor murders because their daughters marry men of lower caste, and they can brutally kill their own children. Then, in order to maintain their bloodline and status, the nobles of this world kill those lowly civilians who try to 'cheat' their children, in their view, it is extremely normal.

Most of the time, even if these civilians are killed, there is no evidence of their death, and no one will pursue them. Facing the high-ranking nobles, most civilians do not have the rights they should have.

The fact is that cruel.

Sally continued to plead with Earl Gerald, "Father, just let him go, I can guarantee that I will never see him again."

But Earl Gerald was unmoved. He saw his daughter pleading for him like this, with a look in his eyes. The look became more gloomy and angry, and she said coldly: "Really? How can I trust your guarantee?"

Sally said tremblingly: "I, I..."

Earl Gerald said indifferently: "He died, you will never I won't associate with him anymore, so I can safely trust your guarantee. My good daughter, you were just cheated by this despicable liar, and he must pay the price for what he did." Sally heard the

words His face was pale, and he looked at Earl Gerald in despair.

Jonah's face also changed, but he was mentally prepared when he fell in love with Sally, so he regarded death as home and refused to back down, but it's a pity...he can no longer be with the one he loves, and he doesn't want his death to make her sad sad.

Jonah looked at Sally sadly: "I'm sorry..."

Sally was out of breath from crying.

The other onlookers looked at all this with sarcasm, with a cruel and bloodthirsty light in their eyes, waiting to tear that innocent young man into pieces and watch him die miserably.

Ji Ling shuddered suddenly.

No, he can't stand it anymore!

It's one thing to hear about it, but another thing to see it with his own eyes. He absolutely can't witness an innocent person being brutally killed by a group of nobles like this!

The guard kicked Jonah's leg, causing Jonah to kneel down. Just as he was about to make a move, Ji Ling stepped forward and shouted angrily: "Stop!"

This voice immediately attracted everyone's attention.

When it was clear that the person who spoke was Ji Ling, the anger on Earl Gerrard's face froze immediately, and then he changed into a stiff smile, and asked in bewilderment: "Young Master Ji, what's the problem?" Ji Ling said

coldly Looking at him, his eyes were unhappy: "I said stop, didn't you hear?"

Earl Gerald was stunned for a moment, then recovered, and smiled flatteringly: "I'm sorry to let this kind of housework bother you I'm going to take this pariah down and deal with it right now! I won't dirty your eyes."

Ji Ling's forehead twitched in anger, who meant it? He gritted his teeth and spoke again, this time the expression was clear and unambiguous, and he said with a straight face, "I asked you to let him go."

As soon as he said this, everyone looked at Ji Ling in surprise.

Earl Gerald was even more bewildered.

Doesn't Young Master Ji dislike civilians the most? He has always been domineering and domineering, and he has done a lot of things to oppress civilians before... and he has also targeted Ning Yu many times for His Majesty. He is a very obvious conservative nobleman.

They would believe that Ji Shao killed civilians, but what did he mean by defending civilians? ? ?

Ji Ling looked at everyone's puzzled eyes, and his expression stiffened for a while. Although he was not afraid of what these people would do to him, it was still inappropriate for him to act too abnormally suddenly, and it was too dangerous to expose himself. He rolled his eyes, glanced at Jonah on the ground contemptuously, as if sweeping some insignificant dust and garbage, and said coldly: "If His Majesty is present, you will not be allowed to do this." Everyone

: "..."

After a while, everyone showed a look of sudden enlightenment! They said how could Ji Shao protect the common people, he didn't care about the life and death of those untouchables, what he cared about was His Majesty's attitude! Even when encountering such a thing, the first thing that comes to your mind is what His Majesty will do...

Ji Shao's domineering temperament is actually willing to defend a pariah he hates the most for His Majesty. This is clearly taking His Majesty to heart up!

They originally thought that Carlos poached His Majesty's corner and cheated His Majesty, so His Majesty did not hesitate to fight His Majesty Carlos. Now it seems...Ji Ling clearly has no more love for His Majesty. It is said that he has always liked His Majesty. Could it be that Ji Ling has His Majesty in his heart, but agreed to marry Carlos? Why did he do this? Whose green hat is it? !

This is too exciting!

Everyone looked at Ji Ling cautiously, not daring to vent their nervousness.

Ji Ling knew what they thought with a glance, but he didn't mind at all. He spoke again and said in a cold voice: "Gerald, I asked you to let him go, don't you want to?" Earl Gerald was also caught by this

huge The cuckold was startled, and when he came back to his senses, he quickly smirked: "How is that possible! I'll let him go now, let him go now."

Then he turned his head and told his servants: "What are you still doing? Didn't hear Ji Do you want to tell me? Tell him to leave quickly, and don't stain Ji Shao's eyes here."

The servant was also shocked, and he came back to his senses in a trance, bowed his head and said: "Yes, yes, Your Excellency."

Sally was stunned She looked at Ji Ling with disbelief and gratitude. She thought she was desperate, but who knew that it was Ji Ling who saved her lover in the end.

Seeing Jonah being pushed out, although she really wanted to follow, she didn't dare to provoke her father at this time, so she just watched her lover leave with worry, no matter what...at least he survived

.

Seeing that the man was let go, Ji Ling looked back lazily, and suddenly felt that the change of identity was not without its benefits. If he was not qualified to meddle in Earl Gerald's housework before, no one would listen to him even if he spoke. of.

With Jonah's departure, everything returned to the hypocritical peace before, and laughter resounded everywhere.

To Ji Ling, this is just an insignificant episode. As for that poor unlucky guy, I hope he will be more careful next time. After all, it is not always so lucky that someone happens to rescue him.

...............

The guards rudely drove Jonah out of the Earl's Mansion, waved his hands and said angrily: "Go away, you're lucky today." It took

Jonah a while to recover, realizing that I narrowly escaped death myself.

And the person who rescued him turned out to be the well-known dandy Ji Ling, which was too unbelievable, and Jonah was in a trance.

Ji Ling obviously didn't know him, but Jonah actually knew Ji Ling. He had met Ji Ling once at the military headquarters.

It was the time when Ji Ling went to the military headquarters to humiliate Ning Yu. As Ning Yu's comrade in arms, he was watching from the side at that time, looking at that poor bastard who wanted to beat him to death.

But today, he was saved by this damn scumbag.

Jonah returned to the military headquarters in a daze. In the corridor of the dormitory, he accidentally ran into Ning Yu walking from the opposite side.

The black-haired and green-eyed young man was dressed in a straight military uniform, his handsome face looked sharp and deep under the dim light, and his eyes were gentle and indifferent. He looked at Jonah's distressed appearance, frowned slightly, and said: " What happened?"

Jonah said disappointedly: "Earl Gerald found out about Sally and I."

Ning Yu frowned even deeper, Earl Gerald has always been contemptuous and hostile to civilians, he is a typical conservative Noble, so Jonah and Sally's relationship has never been made public. If Gerald finds out about this, Jonah may not be able to get away easily. What happened tonight?

Ning Yu looked at him worriedly: "Are you okay?"

Jonah seemed a little out of his mind, he didn't answer Ning Yu's question, and after a while, he murmured: "I met Ji Ling."

Ning Yu's eyes were slightly Ning said in a deep voice: "Oh?"

Jonah scratched his head, looking puzzled and confused, and said: "Earl Gerald is very angry, he wants to kill me in public, it was Ji Ling who stopped him, Tell him to let me go. If it wasn't for Ji Ling, I might not be able to come back today."

He didn't notice the slight change of expression on Ning Yu's face after hearing this sentence, but continued to say in doubt: "I don't understand why he wants to save me? Doesn't he hate and look down on us common people the most?"

Jonah has always believed in Ning Yu, thinking that he is a particularly assertive person, and asked, "Do you think it's because of His Majesty? It is said that he has always loved His Majesty deeply, and he only opened his mouth to save me because of His Majesty's pro-democracy opinion? I think he disdains me very much, and there is no other reason besides that..." Who knew that Ning Yu did not agree with him this time

. , but looked seriously into his eyes, and slowly said: "No matter what his reason is, it is a

fact that he saved you." Feel ashamed.

Just because of his prejudice and inherent impression of Ji Ling, he felt that Ji Ling could not really save him, but only saved him for His Majesty, so he didn't take Ji Ling seriously, he was too much! Fortunately, Ning Yu's words woke him up. No matter what the purpose of Ji Ling was, it was a fact that he saved him. Why should he deny Ji Ling's life-saving grace because he doubted Ji Ling's motives and felt that he was not sincere? Woolen cloth?

Jonah said gruffly: "He saved my life today, I should at least thank him face to face. But, he probably doesn't want to see me..." The status

gap between him and Ji Ling is too great, And looking at Ji Ling's appearance, I'm afraid he doesn't even remember his own appearance, let alone his gratitude.

For the life-saving grace, he couldn't even say a word of thanks in person, which made Jonah very ashamed and blamed himself, and the big man's face turned red.

Standing there, Ning Yu's emerald green eyes seemed to have a strange color slowly emerging in the night.

He was silent for a moment, as if he had finally made a decision, he said lightly: "Let me go there for you."