Ch 21: Love

Ji Ling:? ? ?

He stared blankly in front of him, the black mecha that looked like a god smashed Ning Yu's white mecha with a punch, and black question marks filled his head!

Wasn't Jing Sui quite normal before? What's the matter with him? Why do you want to attack Ning Yu? He must have convulsions too... No way! You are the hero, you must hold on, you are my only hope to go home!

Ji Ling almost cried.

Just when he was in a trance, a cold and majestic voice resounded in the duel field: "The victory and defeat have been divided, the duel is over." Although

Ning Yu's name was not directly mentioned, everyone could tell that Ning Yu It was only a matter of time before Yu defeated Ji Ling, and there was no doubt that Ning Yu won the duel.

But the scene was still silent. Even so, His Majesty personally drove the mech to interfere with the duel process. This kind of thing... was the first time in the entire history of the empire!

As the emperor, he made an exception to intervene in a fair duel.

To maintain an imperial nobleman.

Obviously unfair.

People on the Internet were silent for a while, and then began to express their dissatisfaction.

"I thought His Majesty was the closest to the common people and the fairest. It was said that he punished Ji Ling for Ning Yu. I think it was just a show. Only at the critical moment can you see who he is protecting..." "In the

end They are still protecting the interests of their nobles, and they are colluding together, usually just showing us."

"Are you treating us all as fools?"

"Have the licking dogs woke up?"

"As the emperor, isn't this a bit too much? Already?"

"Even if Ning Yu is admitted to have won, so what, Ning Yu could have won."

"You shouldn't have hope for these imperial nobles. Of course , the

emperor protects the interests of the nobles, hehehe.

"

In a few minutes, the wind direction on the Internet has changed several times. Not only was he almost exonerated, but Jing Sui also took over the blame by the way, and began to become the target of netizens to vent their dissatisfaction.

He got out of the mecha in a daze, and looked at the huge black mecha in front of him with a disgruntled face.

What about Jing Sui, the most reliable friend of the people? Why are you like this!

Are you reborn, or have you been misled by Brandon? !

Just when Ji Ling was in despair, he saw the hatch in the middle of the black mecha open, and a tall and tall figure jumped off the mecha tens of meters high with a light leap, and landed on the ground as firmly as a mountain.

Jing Sui raised his head to reveal a handsome face, with a piercing light in his golden pupils, he didn't glance at Ji Ling behind him, but went straight to Ning Yu's mecha, grabbed the edge of the mecha hatch and opened it with his hand. , directly tore off the damaged cabin cover, and pulled Ning Yu out of it.

Ning Yu's lips were pale, as if he was injured, he raised his eyes to look at Jing Sui, the light in his green eyes flickered, and he made a hoarse voice: "Your Majesty."

Jing Sui said slowly: "Are you okay. "

Ning Yu shook his head, "It's okay."

Jing Sui controlled his strength when he shot, and at a glance, he could see that Ning Yu was not injured just now. It is said that Carlos arranged for someone to obstruct it secretly... But at this moment, it is not about this The right time for things. He paused, looked at Ning Yu with apologetic eyes, and said in a gentle voice: "Just now you were wronged in a hurry... Although it was a duel, since the outcome has already been decided, peace is the most important thing, What do you think?"

Ning Yu smiled understandingly, and said emotionally: "You are right, I was a little impulsive just now, and I almost didn't stop."

Jing Sui smiled slightly: "It's okay."

Ji Ling was in a trance and was very desperate. He almost thought that Jing Sui had also been reborn, but he saw that although Jing Sui rescued him suddenly, he ran to talk to Ning Sui without even looking at him. Yu exchanged pleasantries, showing affection in full view of everyone! He doubted his thoughts again.

Didn't Jing Sui come to help him?

Ji Ling's eyes lit up, it's very possible! In this life, because of the butterfly effect, Ning Yu was not plotted against by him, but beat himself like a mouse and ran away. He would definitely win this duel. Jing Sui didn't need to be a hero to save the beauty, but this is not necessarily a good thing for Ning Yu.

Because as a commoner in Ning Yu, if he really killed himself in the duel field, even if he won the honor, he would undoubtedly get into super trouble!

Is he someone he can kill casually? Absolutely not!

In this case, he could only admit that he killed Ning Yu, but Ning Yu would face crazy revenge if he killed himself. Killing a nobleman was the bottom line he could not touch.

Dueling is fair, this society is not.

At that time, not to mention that other nobles will take revenge on Ning Yu in order to maintain their authority, and face endless troubles, just his parents, Grand Duke Ji Ting and Mrs. Marina, will spare no effort to demand Ning Yu's life!

So Jing Sui seemed to save himself, but in fact he was protecting Ning Yu. In this way, Ning Yu won the duel beautifully and won everyone's affirmation and sympathy, without offending his parents and other nobles. There is no harm at all.

This is the correct way to unfold the plot!

Thinking of this, Ji Ling once again had hope in his heart, the male lead, you are doing well!

Sure enough, I read you right.

While everyone's attention was focused on the radiant emperor and the protagonist Ning Yu, cannon fodder Ji Ling slipped out quietly. He was really tired today.

Although many things have changed in this life, in order to go home, he will definitely be able to reverse the plot!

Ji Ling returned to his preparation room, wiped his face with cold water, rested for a while to recover some strength, and opened the door to leave here.

At this time, everyone was gathered outside, but there was no one here. Ji Ling was walking alone in the empty metal corridor. When turning a corner, he accidentally bumped into someone. He was about to say sorry, but when he raised his head, he froze in place. He opened his mouth in astonishment and was speechless.

Is he a vision! How could he see Jing Sui here?

Wasn't Jing Sui talking to Ning Yu outside just now? !

If you don't comfort your sweetheart, what are you doing here alone?

Jing Sui lowered his eyes slightly, looking at the stunned young man in front of him. The young man was a little embarrassed, and there was still a blush on his fair face that had not dissipated after the fierce battle, and complicated emotions slowly appeared in his eyes.

In fact, I wanted to talk to him just now... but he didn't do that.

He didn't want to push the young man to the cusp and suffer more malicious speculation and unprovoked attacks, so even if he wanted to see this person again, he didn't look back.

Ji Ling stared blankly at the man in front of him, after a while he thought maybe it was a coincidence, maybe Jing Sui was about to leave too...Since he happened to be there, he had to continue acting no matter how tired he was.

His eyelashes trembled, and his red eyes looked at Jing Sui angrily and sadly, and said unwillingly: "Who told you to save me, I, even without you, I can defeat him!" Jing Sui didn't speak,

just Be sure to look at him.

Ji Ling was a little flustered by the look, Jing Sui's eyes always made him feel that something was wrong, he shivered, and continued: "I'll let you see, I'm no worse than—"

Ning Yu.

But these three words were not spoken.

A gust of cold wind blew by the side of his neck, and Jing Sui stretched out his hand to support the wall behind Ji Ling, lowered his head and approached Ji Ling's face, his sharp golden pupils stared at him for a moment, and the tense jaw curved tightly. The thin lips showed that the man in front of him was not at peace.

Ji Ling immediately got stuck.

I'll go, it's the first time in his two lives that he saw Jing Sui's serious expression, it's really scary! No matter how much this person hated him before, he just ignored him lightly. Even when he ordered him to be expelled from the Emperor Star, he still didn't show any expression, as if he didn't even have the qualifications to make him angry.

Although he is the same kind of deep-minded person as Carlos, but if Carlos always wears a hypocritical and elegant aristocratic mask, then Jing Sui never shows any emotions—probably no one in this world No one can guess the true emotions in his heart.

Therefore, Jing Sui, who suddenly became emotional and looked very angry, is really scary!

Teeth chattered from the fright of Ji Ling on the wall.

Jing Sui stared at the color of fear in the young man's blue eyes from an extreme distance. After a long time, he closed his eyes and opened them again. In the depths of the golden pupils, an almost imperceptible gloomy color of pain flashed across.

The pale and bloodless face of the young man in front of him gradually overlapped with the scene in his memory that he could never forget throughout his life.

Among the dark clouds and thorny steel ruins, the person with the face of 'Ning Yu' stood in front of him without hesitation at the critical moment, and took Carlos' thunderbolt for him, and then he slowed down. Slowly fell down, the camouflage on his body dissipated little by little like a faded mirage, and finally revealed the boy's original appearance.

He fell into his arms, his face pale and bloodless.

But the burning light in the blue eyes is like the last ray of fire in the burning embers. At the last moment of his life, he said to him seriously in a weak voice: "I'm sorry... I won't I will pester you again."

"You and Ning Yu, please be good."

Those inaudible words, accompanied by the smell of blood in the wind, were so light that they almost drifted away with the wind... but it made his heart, which was almost never moved by anything, twitch slightly.

It seems that something very important has passed away quietly.

Since then, every detail in this picture has been brought to life in the countless years that followed.

He also finally realized that the young man didn't go to hurt Ning Yu that day at all, he was actually going to save Ning Yu.

Because he thought that Ning Yu was the one he loved, even at the risk of being discovered by Carlos and possibly paying the price with his life, he still went to Ning Yu's place.

Using his domineering appearance as a cover up gave Ning Yu a chance to escape.

He loves that lowliness... the pretense of pride is his last pride.

But even though he was so jealous of Ning Yu and hated Ning Yu, he still chose to pay them back with his own life in the end.

Jing Sui has always known that he loves him, this love has been abandoned by him like a shoestring, and he dismissed it, because there are too many people who like him, so many that it makes him numb, he has long been used to all kinds of admiration and admiration... And the boy is just the most disgusting and self-aware of them all.

What those people love is not the real him, but his appearance, his identity, cheap love is the last thing he lacks.

He thinks the same goes for teenagers.

But only then did he realize that he was wrong, and it was outrageously wrong.

It turns out that in this world, there is really a person who loves him so purely and fiercely, even if he is hurt like that by himself, gives up time and time again, pushes away time and time again...but he still can't let go of him, can't stop loving him.

Willing to do anything for him.

Looking at the past and the future, there will never be another person who will love him like a boy.

This love is not universal, but unique.

It is countless times more precious than the most precious treasure in the entire universe.

But he didn't understand this until he lost it.

A look of pain and sadness gradually appeared in Jing Sui's eyes. He once thought that he would not regret anything, but when the young man died, he realized that this was not the case. He would also regret the death of a person. Can't sleep.

I regret that when the boy was alive, I didn't take a serious look at him, and I didn't treat him well once, even once... But I didn't.

He just... trampled on his mind again and again.

Until the young man used his own life to carve out a tiny crack in his cold heart... and as time went by, that crack never healed at all, but gradually expanded, and finally his heart was covered with tortoises. crack.

What everyone saw was the cold emperor who showed no expression of emotion or anger. Everyone thought that he had long forgotten the young man who died for him.

Everyone thinks that he is a heartless person.

But only he knew that the web formed by the cracks had enveloped his heart, silently changing everything.

So he proposed to Ning Yu to dissolve the engagement.

Ning Yu agreed very readily, and this answer was within Jing Sui's expectations, because he knew very well that Ning Yu didn't actually like him very much, and that they were not so much lovers, but rather allies with a common goal and interests. Compatible person. To be able to become a high-level evolutionary step by step from a low-level commoner, and finally become the hope of all commoners. Those who can do all this must be more rational than emotional.

Or, Ning Yu has already seen through everything.

The boy's death easily shattered the intimacy between them.

So they ended that relationship peacefully.

Keep silent about it.

They still have a lot to do, no time to grieve.

Then many years passed.

The empire finally became what he hoped it would be.

At the beginning, some people persuaded him to get married to continue the bloodline of the imperial family.

But whenever someone talks about this issue, he always thinks of the boy who closed his eyes in his arms. Thinking of the way he always followed behind him, looking at him with admiration...

He thought, if the boy was still alive.

I can probably marry him, and he will be very happy...

After all, I want him to get his wish once, even just once.

It's a pity that it was his fantasy after all.

Some mistakes, once made, have no chance to make up for them.

Not once.

Just like the Duke and Duchess Ji Ting who left Dixing disheartened, even though they tried their best to make up for it, they never accepted anything, but left this place that made them sad.

In this world, everything can be compensated and can be measured by value, but the human heart cannot be measured by value, nor can it be compensated.

He can't make up for anyone's heart, including his own.

He used to think that what he gave up was just an insignificant thing, but later he realized that what he gave up was a unique treasure that he would never get again even if he owned the whole world.

A pure and flawless heart that loves him.

In the years that followed,

every time the young man looked at him with loving eyes, every time he smiled and called him Brother Jing Sui, every time he was jealous and angry and showed his temper... the little things he got along with him began to It was constantly being pulled out of his memory, clearly and cruelly reminding him of how ruthless his actions were, without giving him any chance to escape.

If I had been nicer to the boy at the beginning, things would not have come to that point.

But he didn't.

It was he who pushed the boy who loved him deeply into the abyss of eternal doom.

Every recollection will tear open the wound that has never healed, revealing the bloody inside, let him know that he is also a caring person, and he will also feel pain.

Probably this is the punishment left to him by the boy.

Let him know that all this is his own fault.

Let him know that a person like himself is not worthy of having such a relationship.

But what's ridiculous is...

a ruthless person like him will be favored by the heavens and get a chance to start again.

There was a deep self-deprecating look in Jing Sui's eyes, he was a little greedy, looking at the vivid face of the young man in front of him, his chest that was almost frozen by the cold, it seemed that something was slowly flowing, causing a dense rush of excitement. pain.

No, it may not be a gift.

Maybe God brought him back to life to let him see with his own eyes the wrong things he had done, and let him know how cruel he was...

Look at him ironically and tell him.

Now that you are back, what are you going to do? Do you really know how to love someone?

Deep in Jing Sui's eyes, the pained expression flashed away.

Yes, look at what I did...

If it wasn't for my contempt and indifference, how could Ji Ling take the risk to challenge Ning Yu in order to prove to him that he knew he was invincible? In order to get a look and affirmation from himself, he put all his eggs in one basket...

and he knew that he was just humiliating himself, but he ignored everything that happened without knowing it.

Unknowingly, she easily trampled on that love that tortured him for hundreds of years, kept him awake at night, and was beyond his reach.

Why can't I come back earlier?

It would have been better if it had been earlier...

Ji Ling stared blankly at the silent, fearsome Emperor, his legs were so weak that he almost sat on the ground in fright.

You, do you have to be so angry?

Ning Yu is fine again...

I was the one who was beaten...

Ji Ling almost wanted to cry, but seeing Jing Sui's aura became more and more serious and terrifying, he suddenly rolled his eyes and looked at the tall man in front of him tearfully. The man with black hair and golden eyes, hoping to fool him by pretending to be pitiful, said in a trembling voice: "Your Majesty, Your Majesty..."

His Majesty trembled, as if a hand had gently moved something.

Let the stagnant time continue to flow, and make the wandering thoughts come back to the eyes.

Jing Sui finally raised his hand.

Under Ji Ling's absent-minded gaze, he gently wiped away the teardrops from the corners of his eyes, and uttered a very soft, very soft voice... as if passing through many time and space, floating from the distant future.

He said, "I'm sorry."