Ch 37: Engagement

Ji Ling returned home in a daze, oh, why did he agree to Carlos to hold the engagement ceremony in a daze?

By the way, the old guy said that if the engagement ceremony is not held, Jing Sui will definitely notice that they are playing on the spot, and continue to tangle... Go home and open the Internet, and there is still a love triangle between

him, Jing Sui and Carlos on the Internet, netizens Every day is full of quarrels, each standing in line, Ji Ling really wants to say, please let me go, I don't want any of them for real!

But he can't say anything.

Good thing you don't have to keep smiling.

Seeing that the plot is like a runaway wild horse, Ji Ling doesn't know if the plot can be rescued, so he should rescue himself first. I have already reached this point, what kind of form do I still stick to? Isn't it just an engagement ceremony? It's not really getting married... Just let Jing Sui see it with his own eyes and give up early, and Ning Yu still has some feelings for Jing Sui, maybe Jing Sui will think of Ning Yu again after being disheartened by himself. Then the two rekindled their old relationship again?

Thinking of this, Ji Ling forced himself to cheer up.

There is still a silver lining to his mission! Brother Ning Yu, it's up to you now!

The system saw its host recovering from a trance, bewildered, and suddenly felt that it was not easy for the host, and comforted him: [I think Ning Yu should like Jing Sui, come on, you can do it! ]

It was the first time that Ji Ling felt that the system could speak so well, so he couldn't help but smile from the bottom of his heart: 【Thank you Jiyan, thank you Jiyan. ]

............

The engagement ceremony is scheduled to be held in Carlos Duke's Mansion three days later. At that time, celebrities and nobles from the upper echelon of the entire empire will be present, and Carlos even invited His Majesty the Emperor!

This is a naked demonstration. It looks peaceful on the surface, but in reality it is undercurrents. Everyone is watching the situation nervously.

Three days passed in the blink of an eye.

On the morning of the engagement ceremony, Mrs. Marina got up early to help her son dress up. Although she was reluctant about the marriage before, Carlos did show sincerity, and her son was devoted to him again. You can only follow your son's wishes first, and take things one step at a time in the future.

Ji Ling is wearing a dark blue velvet dress today, with gold trim on the cuffs, which looks exquisite and gorgeous. With his fair and handsome face and sky blue eyes, it is even more eye-catching and makes people unable to take their eyes off.

Mrs. Marina took her son's hand, with tears in her eyes, and said reluctantly, "Baby, Mom misses you."

Ji Ling: "...Mom, it's just an engagement ceremony." He didn't plan to get married at all!

But Mrs. Marina is still worried. Carlos is so caring about her son, as if he looks like a true love. Now that the son who has been coaxed is completely devoted to him, is this engagement still possible?

But after thinking about it, if he is sincere, if he can always be good to his son, why not? Mrs. Marina thought about it carefully, maybe that person is usually too deep and scary, and she always feels that she is not suitable for her son, and she is still worried that her son will be hurt... Ji Ling didn't want to face his mother's worried eyes, so he went

out bravely and died early He was born early, he just wanted to finish the performance early and go home to rest.

Carlos was already waiting outside when he went out.

The elegant and mature man is wearing a black dress today, his brown hair is meticulously brushed back, his handsome and deep face is smiling slightly, his hands are wearing white gloves, and he is standing there holding a silver and black cane, The gentleman stretched out his hand to Ji Ling, with an elegant smile on his lips: "I'm here to pick you up."

Ji Ling felt that the engagement was too shameful, so he avoided Carlos' sight, and was led into the car obediently by Carlos. He said awkwardly, "Thank you, Uncle Carlos."

Carlos sat beside Ji Ling, looking at the boy's red ears because of his shyness, thinking that he would be his justifiable lover in the future, his eyes darkened a little, he stroked Ji Ling's hair lightly, and let out a low laugh , said: "Don't call me uncle in the future."

Ji Ling was startled for a moment, and raised his eyes in confusion.

Carlos lowered his head slightly, stared at Ji Ling's eyes tenderly and earnestly, and said with a smile: "You will be my lover in the future, and if you still call me uncle, wouldn't it be a joke and arouse suspicion for no reason?"

Ji Ling thought about it for a while and felt that it made sense, besides, it's not a big deal to just call him by his first name.

This is what you asked me to call, not what I wanted to call, so I can't count it as an offense to you. hehe.

Ji Ling changed his words in a polite manner: "Carlos."

Carlos looked at the boy's well-behaved appearance, with beautiful clear eyes, light-colored and soft lips slightly opened, and called out his name with a crisp voice... it floated into his ears In the midst of falling on my heart, I suddenly felt a tightness in my throat.

At this moment, there seemed to be some kind of impulse that was almost irresistible. He didn't want to continue to pretend to be polite, but wanted to press him hard under his body, and listen to him crying and calling his name again and again... Carlos took a deep

breath With a single breath, he covered up the strange look in his eyes.

One day, he would have such an impulse because of a person calling his name so simply.

Carlos closed his eyes, although now you agreed to marry me only out of anger, and I used despicable means to temporarily keep you by my side... But even so, you will never want to escape from my palm again.

You can only belong to me.

............

The car stopped at Duke Carlos's mansion not long after.

The engagement ceremony was held at Carlos' home. The vast manor is large enough to accommodate thousands of people to attend the banquet at the same time. Countless celebrities and nobles came here early, and there was a lot of feasting outside.

Today the place is heavily guarded, and private guards belonging to the Carlos family can be seen everywhere, all of whom are advanced evolutionaries with exposed auras. It can be seen that the Carlos family has a deep foundation and a huge influence.

Carlos attaches great importance to this engagement ceremony and does not allow any accidents to happen. He has already considered various situations. This place seems to belong to Carlos' private kingdom. As long as it is what he wants to do, no one can hinder it. Only the stupid weak can do it. Because of carelessness, others can take advantage of it.

Looking at this, Ji Ling was also a little tongue-tied, thinking that Jing Sui should have given up his mind not to cause trouble, but even if he wanted to, it would be difficult to stop the engagement ceremony from continuing. After all, if Carlos didn't have this ability, how could he Can you compete with the emperor Jing Sui in a book? The emperor can't do whatever he wants.

Carlos is not only powerful and his family powerful, he is also cautious enough.

A formidable opponent for anyone.

Carlos gently led Ji Ling out of the car, looked down at him with a smile, and said in a low and magnetic voice, "Please allow me to introduce you to everyone, my love."

Ji Ling blushed a little, feeling a little embarrassed. The old guy is really addicted to drama, every word makes people feel so embarrassed! But the matter has come to this point, there is no other way but to bite the bullet.

Carlos looked at the young man's almost red ears, the cautious and awkward appearance, but felt more loving in his heart, and the corners of his lips could not help but rise slightly.

Ji Ling lowered his eyes, and said in his heart, don't be nervous, don't be nervous, it's just a formality, and then walked out with Carlos as if death was at home.

As soon as he went out, he faced the scorching eyes of everyone!

Ji Ling froze, almost unable to move, and wanted to retreat, but Carlos held his hand calmly and firmly, forgot to comfort him, and smiled softly: "It's okay." Ji Ling

bit He bit his lip, feeling uncomfortable.

The nobles next to him all came to congratulate Carlos, and all of them looked at Ji Ling with burning curiosity. They had heard of the name of this swank before. After all, Grand Duke Ji Ting's precious only son is still somewhat famous on the Emperor Star. Yes, although it is not a good name, it usually either causes trouble or appears in some boring entertainment gossip.

Although Ji Ling is well-known in the trousers circle, he is just a trousers after all, he can only show off his power among those juniors, and in the eyes of nobles like them who really hold power, he is just a brat who is not on the stage. At most, laugh it off, and won't be taken seriously.

They are at a completely different level from Ji Ling.

But now that Ji Ling is standing beside Carlos like this, and is loved by Carlos so much, no one dares to look down on Ji Ling, even if he is just a waste of money - that is also Carlos' fiancée!

As long as Carlos is willing to support him, his status will not be inferior to that of anyone present, and he will go directly from being looked down upon by others to being on an equal footing with those parents of the rich, and even worse!

Ji Ling didn't care what those people were thinking, he just felt very uncomfortable, and his whole body was hairy from being laughed at by that hypocritical smile.

And looking around, I didn't see any of my little friends, but I saw a few of my little friends' fathers, this group of nobles who were the same age as my fathers, but at this moment they humbly showed me a flattering smile .

Sin, he is a good young man full of youth! Is it time to enter the adult world of these fake uncles from now on?

Ji Ling sighed sadly, feeling tired.

The baby doesn't want to grow up yet.

He walked forward with the purpose of strolling along with the wealthy old man Carlos, absent-mindedly coping with the fawning of those people, usually Carlos spoke, and he just stood there expressionless, and was polite when he was in a good mood Smile, if you don't want to laugh, no one will say anything about him if you don't laugh.

Ji Ling looked around unintentionally, and was taken aback for a moment. He actually saw Wen Yan in the crowd!

So Wen Yan is here too?

Ji Ling was a little surprised, but he was relieved after thinking about it. Although Wen Yan was born as a commoner, he now has the status of the speaker, and he has completely penetrated into the upper class of the nobility, so he is naturally qualified to participate in such a banquet.

Ji Ling looked away without looking too much.

Holding the wine glass, Wen Yan swept over Carlos with a sinister gaze, and finally landed on Ji Ling's figure, with a depressive and painful expression in his eyes. The fingers holding the wine glass were very hard, and suddenly he let out a breath, put down the wine glass, turned and walked away.

All this is only temporary, sooner or later, he will take Ji Ling back from Carlos' hands!

............

Ji Ling walked around with Carlos and accepted countless flattery. He felt bored and uninteresting. After thinking about it for so long, he also showed his face. He hesitated and said: "Carlos , I want to go back and have a rest first."

Carlos showed concern when he heard this, and said softly: "Okay, you go back first, and I will come to you later."

Everyone in the audience was very surprised. Dare to call Carlos by his first name so casually, and Carlos is not only not angry, but also so pampered. They thought that Carlos did this just to fight His Majesty. Sincerely, at least on the surface, everyone's eyes were changing and their minds were full of thoughts, constantly re-evaluating Ji Ling's value.

Did they guess wrong before, Carlos really likes Ji Ling? !

Ji Ling got Carlos' reply, turned around and wanted to leave, when suddenly the waiter in front of the door announced loudly: "Your Majesty is here!" Suddenly there was

silence all around.

Ji Ling paused.

Carlos also raised his head, narrowing his eyes and looking over.

A handsome man with black hair and golden eyes, wearing a silver-gray dress with a stand-up collar, strode forward from a distance. His golden pupils looked even more frightening and cold under the sunlight, making it hard to look directly at.

Ji Ling was suddenly a little nervous, and subconsciously grabbed Carlos' hand. He thought that Jing Sui would not come, and he was relieved, but he did not expect Jing Sui to come.

They haven't seen each other since Jing Sui left last time. Ji Ling recalled Jing Sui's promise to him and the painful appearance at that time, and also thought of the negative impact his actions had on Jing Sui. He didn't dare to look at Jing Sui at all. Eyes of the eyes, don't panic in your heart!

In public, Jing Sui shouldn't do anything to himself!

In the blink of an eye, Jing Sui had already arrived in front of them.

The others lowered their heads and avoided them, carefully watching the scene with their own thoughts. Even though His Majesty didn't say a word, the aura was enough to make them fearful. What's more...it might be a big show today, they don't want to Dare to get involved!

Ji Ling leaned against Carlos and told himself not to be afraid! Finally mustered up the courage to look at Jing Sui.

Carlos felt the boy's reliance on holding his hand tightly, feeling inexplicably happy, and took a step forward with a protective gesture, protecting the boy behind him, and met Shang Jingsui's gaze without avoiding it, raised his eyebrows and smiled slightly : "Your Majesty is coming."

Jing Sui only glanced at Ji Ling, then quickly looked away, and showed Carlos a smile that was not a smile, and said in a calm and indifferent voice, "Of course I have to come to congratulate such a happy event in person."

Carlos showed a hypocritical smile: "Your Majesty, you are welcome."

The corners of Jing Sui's lips curled up: "It should be."

Except for the moment when he first arrived, Jing Sui never looked at himself again, as if he didn't care at all. It was only then that Ji Ling finally felt relieved. It seemed that his worries just now were unnecessary. How could Jing Sui act recklessly under such circumstances?

He is His Majesty the Emperor who represents the royal family in every word and deed. From the last life, it can be seen that he is a calm and self-restraining person. Even though he was fighting with Carlos secretly, he has always maintained a false and peaceful relationship on the surface. Reckless and rash actions, once shot, must hit the nail on the head.

It seems that the marriage contract between myself and Carlos has finally brought Jing Sui back to normal!

I didn't expect this step to go away...

Ji Ling felt a little happy in his heart. After you give up on me, a ignorant dandy, you will find that Ning Yu is your destined lover and partner! He is the most suitable person for you. Not only can he help your career, but he is also very considerate, instead of being a drag like me. Let's let each other go and be safe, great!

Thinking of this, Ji Ling didn't want to stay any longer to see their politeness, so he said to Carlos again: "You talk to His Majesty, I'll go back first."

Carlos nodded with a smile.

Ji Ling felt relieved, ah, I am so happy to be out of everyone's sight!

..................

In front of the manor there are many guests, but in the back it is much quieter. There is not only a beautiful clear lake, but also lush trees beside it. The scenery is beautiful and quiet, making people feel at ease for some reason.

Ji Ling didn't plan to go to the front again. Today's task has been completed, and he just needs to wait until the banquet is over.

Bored, he sat by the lake and picked up stones to hit the water. After a while, he took off his shoes and kicked the water. Finally, he climbed up a tree and slept for a while. After eating the fruit, he casually wiped his stained hands on the clothes a few times.

The hyperactive boy tossed until it was almost dark, wondering why the banquet was so long, it was really boring, seeing the sky was getting dark, he decided to sneak away...but he didn't take a few steps, and unexpectedly met Jing Sui

.

Oh, he also came for a walk?

Under the night, Jing Sui's face was half-hidden in the shadows, and some couldn't see his expression clearly.

Ji Ling recalled the hypocritical politeness he had with Carlos before, and thought that he should have put it down and would not bother him anymore, but after all, he still gave him a cuckold, so it is best not to face each other alone, Congxin is a kind of protection for himself !

He looked at Jing Sui, then turned around suddenly and left, pretending not to see it, not seeing it!

However, the man behind him stopped him, his voice was cold and indifferent: "Long time no see."

Ji Ling paused, and Jing Sui spoke. It might not be appropriate for him to pretend that he didn't see it, so he had to turn his head stiffly. , Embarrassedly shouted: "Your Majesty."

Jing Sui came to Ji Ling step by step, with an unprecedented indifference on his cold and handsome face, and said lightly: "When do you plan to get married, don't forget when the time comes." In order to inform me, I will prepare a congratulatory gift for you."

Ji Ling looked at Jing Sui's golden eyes, and it was obviously a very normal polite speech, but at this moment, he felt creepy for no reason, as if something was wrong... The sense of crisis slowly crept up upper back.

He laughed dryly: "Okay."

After finishing speaking, he turned around abruptly and left, deciding to leave here first, no matter how normal Jing Sui looked, he still felt that something was wrong...

But before he could take a step, the man behind him Suddenly he approached and pressed him heavily against the tree.

Ji Ling's expression froze on his face, and then his scalp tingled with fright, struggling to escape from here, but the man easily grabbed his hands and pressed them on top of his head, his stern face approached him, with a playful look on his lips With a sarcastic smile, there is no warmth in the eyes, only the darkness like an abyss.

Ji Ling had never seen such a terrifying appearance of Jing Sui, so he forgot to move for a moment.

In his last life, Jing Sui always looked at him indifferently, he never took himself seriously, he looked at him like he was looking at an ant, a speck of dust, and he would never approach him actively.

The way Jing Sui looked at him in this world was mostly tender and affectionate, and occasionally painful and regretful. He always pampered and followed him, so much so that sometimes he forgot what a terrifying existence he was in essence.

And now, it was the first time Ji Ling saw Jing Sui showing such an expression.

Such coldness, horror, complexity, struggle, and even a faint hatred of skinning and eating people give people a sense of fear that there is nowhere to escape.

Ji Ling was stunned.

He finally realized belatedly, who the hell said Jing Sui wasn't angry! He must be mad! It's just that Cheng Fushen didn't show it before, and he probably didn't know how angry he was. He didn't want to pinch himself to death, did he? !

help!

Ji Ling was scared all of a sudden, his face turned pale, and he said sternly: "You, let me go! Don't mess around, Carlos is outside!" Who knew that as soon as he said this, he saw the

look in Jing Sui's eyes Even colder, he suddenly approached and uttered a meaningful voice in Ji Ling's ear: "Really?"

You just trust him, rely on him, think he can protect you...you still do this, treat him directly Call it by name. You think... I'm going to hurt you.

You are afraid of me.

Jing Sui stared at Ji Ling's bloodless face due to panic.

Although he only uttered two simple words, it was as if a knife had been inserted into the heart and then pulled out, bringing up a piece of flesh and blood, causing him to be so painful that he was almost numb, and the blood in his body lost its temperature.

You would rather believe the hypocritical Carlos than believe my sincerity towards you.

No matter what I do, you won't believe me.

The pain condensed in Jing Sui's eyes, and gradually turned into a deep black vortex, which gradually swallowed his rational restraint, leaving only crazy paranoia and coldness. He raised his hand and gently stroked Ji Ling's cheek, and brushed his fingertips Lips, let out a strange low-pitched laugh: "Carlos' fiancée—do you know a very popular thing among imperial nobles?"

Ji Ling heard Jing Sui call himself "Carlos' fiancée" , the scalp of fear almost exploded.

Jing Sui squeezed Ji Ling's chin, forcing him to look at him, looking at the water blue eyes covered with fear, showing a playful cold smile: "That's cheating."

Ji Ling opened his eyes wide, he couldn't believe that Jing Sui would say such a thing, is he crazy?

However, the next moment, he saw Jing Sui approaching suddenly, his lips were only less than an inch away from his own, the scorching breath fell between his nostrils, and a strong aggression rushed towards his face. The man looked into his eyes, raised the corners of his lips and said slowly: "Can I kiss you? Ka, Luo, Si, de, fiance, marriage, wife." Every word in that sentence seemed to come

from Squeezed out between the teeth, with a deep chill.

Ji Ling was going crazy with fright, he struggled desperately, and was about to call for help, but the man had already kissed him viciously! She pried open his teeth without mercy, and unscrupulously plundered the breath in his mouth.

This kiss was unprecedentedly ferocious, without the slightest tenderness and pity in the past, only beast-like ferocity remained.

Ji Ling burst into tears from being kissed, and could only make a whining sound, but he couldn't break free from Jing Sui's hand at all, only feeling pain in his wrist, and the man was obviously not satisfied with a kiss at all, and even violently His meticulous dress was ripped apart...

Ji Ling kicked him, but he was easily suppressed, and he was about to collapse. He was really dumbfounded... Could it be that he really overplayed it this time?

Seeing Jing Sui's tolerance before made him think he wouldn't be angry...

but he was careless!

No matter how gentle and pampering this man is, he is still that superior emperor in essence, and his tolerance has a bottom line. Seeing that Jing Sui no longer restrains himself, and his actions are becoming more and more wanton, Ji Ling thought in a daze, he You don't want to be killed here, do you?

Hey, are you going to start repainting now? But this way of dying is too tragic and shameful, he doesn't want to die like this!

Jing Sui pressed the young man under him firmly, and bit his neck. As long as he thought of his beloved young man, he would stay by Carlos' side like this, be coaxed by him, possessed by him, and used by him... only The remaining rationality gradually turned into pieces, wishing he could just take him away, so that he could never be fooled by others, or even see other people again!

That way, no one will ever be able to take him away from him.

Ji Ling felt a pain in his neck, and the man's sharp teeth grazed the soft skin on the side of his neck, like a bloodthirsty beast, as if it was about to chew him up at any time, and he couldn't help showing a look of despair.

Really played off QAQ

, but just when Ji Ling was about to give up and prepare to brush again, suddenly a sharp cold wind brushed his cheek! The silver-black cane pierced through the tree trunk beside him! The force went straight through the tree trunk, only half of it was exposed outside and swayed slightly.

Ji Ling lost his mind slightly, and it took a while before he recovered from the panic.

Jing Sui paused and turned his head slowly.

Carlos put down his hands, his elegant face was covered with frost, his eyes were cold, his deep voice echoed in the night, with a chill in his bones: "Your Majesty is going too far."