Ch 22: Promise

Ji Ling strared at Jing Sui in a daze, his brain was completely in a state of shutdown, and it took him a while to realize that Jing Sui actually said sorry to him!

 He must be dreaming, or the kind of nightmare...

Jing Sui actually said sorry to him, no...Why did you say sorry to me! You have done a good job, there is no need to say sorry to me, please continue to be ruthless!

I don't need to be sorry at all, okay! Ji Ling was roaring in despair.

Jing Sui looked at Ji Ling's sad and shocked eyes, the cold chill flowed through his blood, almost frostbite his internal organs.

Doing it all over again, seeing the damage I did to the young man with my own eyes was countless times more real than what I remembered, the cracks in my heart that were densely packed like spider webs were once again on the verge of breaking apart.

After a long time, Jing Sui spoke in a deep voice, and looked gently into Ji Ling's eyes: "You don't need to prove anything to me in this way, in the future... don't do such dangerous things again, huh?" Ji

Ling Looking at the man in front of him in a trance, who has always been cold and indifferent, but staring at him with such focused and gentle eyes, he finally felt sad.

So you who killed a thousand swords, you really have to be reborn! Why can't you hold on, as the male lead, you're going to join forces with those villains? !

Ji Ling is like a child who has suffered a lot of grievances. Although he encountered many difficulties before, he kept telling himself to be strong, to persevere, and not to lose hope in life, but fate still gave him a merciless blow ... being comforted by Jing Suiyi at this moment, he finally couldn't hold back the tears, and cried out with a wow.

How can you do this!

You are too much!

Jing Sui watched Ji Ling burst into tears suddenly, his shaking eyes were full of helplessness and despair, and the accusing gaze was like a sharp knife, piercing straight into his heart.

It turns out that the current self has already hurt him so deeply, how indifferent and ruthless must he be to cause the boy's emotions to be on the verge of collapse with just a single gentle word?

Did the former self be so harsh on him...

why...didn't he come back sooner?

This idea came to his mind again, God gave him a chance to be born again, maybe it was to let him witness for once how cruel what he did... Let him hate the former self so much, but there is nothing he can do

.

sorry.

In the future... I will never make you sad again, okay?

The light in Jing Sui's golden pupils was dim, and he stretched out his hand to take the crying boy into his arms, brushed the boy's soft hair lightly with his palm, and whispered in his ear: "Don't cry.

" Holding Jing Sui in his arms, being comforted by his soft voice, his heart was ashamed, and he was almost about to give up on himself.

He felt the cold breath brought by the man's approach, enveloping him forcefully and gently, giving him a feeling that there was nowhere to escape... The last bottom line insisted that he maintain his sanity.

He couldn't accept Jing Sui ahhh!

He is a straight man, and his current personality is set up to be infatuated with Jing Sui. It stands to reason that no matter how deep the injury is, as long as Jing Sui gives him a little sweetness, he can immediately turn around and give him a hug, as long as Jing Sui smiles at him To be grateful to Dade... But he really can't do it!

He is just a sailor who takes money to do things. It doesn't matter if he likes it usually, but if suddenly one day the idol turns around and tells you, let's be together, I accept your feelings. After they are together...maybe they still have to kiss and slap...

Ji Ling's eyes are almost darkened.

Thinking of being trapped in such a terrifying world and facing the risk of being raped by men, Ji Ling's strong desire to survive in such a desperate situation finally exploded his own small universe, and now he must reject Jing Sui!

The rabbit is in a hurry and will bite!

Ji Ling pushed Jing Sui away violently, looked at him with red eyes, and said angrily: "Don't lie to me, you were still comforting Ning Yu just now, you obviously like him, and you came here today because of him... You are just afraid that he will hurt me and be retaliated against, and that I will not be willing to continue to trouble him, I don't need your hypocrisy!" Jing Sui was startled, his arms were empty, and the pain in his eyes could hardly be

suppressed .

When he was reborn, the duel had already begun. The reason why he didn't fight at the beginning was because he hoped that Ji Ling could restore some of his reputation with his own hands. And he didn't show up for Ning Yu at all. If he had directly injured Ning Yu and taken Ji Ling away, the angry people would have vented their anger on Ji Ling and made him a target.

That's why I deliberately pretended not to care about him, stayed at the scene to appease Ning Yu, and minimized the adverse effects caused by this incident, so that even if the public had some dissatisfaction, most of them would only point the finger at him and ignore Ji Ling instead.

But Ji Ling didn't understand, all he saw was the picture of him leaving him and talking to Ning Yu.

This child has always been so simple and heartbreaking and helpless.

After a long time, Jing Sui let out a very light sigh, and explained slowly and gently: "No, I did that just now to protect you."

Ji Ling immediately asked back barbarically, "You're protecting me?"

Jing Sui would not bother to explain such a simple truth to others, but when he looked at the sad young man, how could he bear his misunderstanding and sadness? He said: "This is a fair duel. It is against the rules for me to intervene. If I defend you too much, I will only make you a target of public criticism. Do you understand?" Ji Ling was stunned for a moment, so you think so

? This principle is very simple and easy to understand. He just didn't think in this direction just now, but now he heard Jing Sui say it, and he was even more desperate and angry:) So

you were not defending Ning Yu just now, but me!

It's fine for you to be reborn, and it's fine for you to feel guilty, I can barely understand... But your affection for the protagonist makes me so sad and indignant, how can you ignore him so much? To ignore the righteous and kind protagonist for the sake of vicious cannon fodder like me!

It's just shockingly frivolous!

No, I, Ji Ling, will never admit defeat!

He took a deep breath, fixedly looked at Jing Sui, and said coldly, "Really?"

Seeing that Ji Ling had finally calmed down a bit, Jing Sui thought that Ji Ling had understood him and accepted his apology, but just then At this time, he saw tears in Ji Ling's eyes again, and looked at him with an extremely strange gaze, as if he was a very terrifying existence...

Ji Ling's eyelashes trembled slightly, tears were in his eyes, but there was a trace of tears in the corner of his mouth. Smiling miserably, he said word by word: "Apart from being a nobleman, how can you compare to him."

Jing Sui's expression finally changed.

Ji Ling clearly and slowly repeated that sentence word for word. His eyes were full of despair, sadness, and pain. He fixedly looked at Jing Sui's eyes, "This is what His Majesty said to me that day. I remember every word clearly."

Jing Sui's lips moved slightly, but no sound came out.

"At that time, Your Majesty probably didn't expect that I would go to Ning Yu for a duel... But what I didn't expect was that you love him so much." Ji Ling looked at him disheartened, and sarcastically opened the corner of his mouth, There seemed to be an inaudible tremor in his voice, which was trying to keep calm, and he said: "In your capacity, in order to protect a person, you are willing to treat me like a trashy trousers that you look down on." "I was naive at first.

" I hoped that you didn't deny that day, it was just perfunctory my words, it was just an excuse you just found to reject me, I didn't believe that you really liked him...but now I finally believe it." Ji Ling smiled, Tears flowed silently, "So you like him so much that you can intervene in duels for him, clear obstacles for him, and solve all troubles for him. For him... come and lie to me."

Every time Ji Ling said a word, Jing Sui's complexion became paler.

What he wanted to refute was that he couldn't be bothered to do such a despicable behavior. He is fully capable of protecting his lover, just like I want to protect you now.

But even if I say it's not like that now... who would believe it?

If it weren't for the experience of that life, if it wasn't for the hundreds of years of painful regrets, even he himself wouldn't believe it.

I can't believe that I would be like this, caring about a person.

Jing Sui closed his eyes, concealed the exhaustion in his eyes, and said, "It's not like that."

Ji Ling suddenly shouted in grief and indignation: "Enough!"

He gave Jing Sui a resentful look, and raised his hand Wiping his own eyes, Chu finally seemed to be unable to hold on any longer, turned around and ran away from Jing Sui!

Jing Sui stood there, watching the young man pass by him, that hateful look in his eyes, like a thousand feet of freezing cold, made him unable to move.

Sometimes once the damage is done, even if it takes a hundred times and a thousand times, it will be irreparable and irreparable.

In the abyss, how can we hope to leave easily?

What about redemption?

But even so, in this life, please allow me to protect you, even if you spend your whole life begging for forgiveness, it doesn't matter.

............

Ji Ling just performed supernormally just now, finally got rid of Jing Sui, returned to his home, and began to call the system impatiently.

Ji Ling: [This mission is so cute, I won't do it! 】

System: 【... Calm down. 】

Ji Ling:【I can't calm down now! ! ! 】

System:【......】

Ji Ling: [He must have been reborn, otherwise it would be impossible to say such things to me, the hero has been reborn, how can this task be done! 】

The system also saw the scene just now, and couldn't be justified, so it had to hint euphemistically: 【But if you don't do the task, what about your reward...】Ji Ling was furious, let him stay here

. In the strange world of the terrifying boss, living a life of fear and fear of losing his life every day, it is better to let him die! He took a deep breath, and said: [It really doesn't work, let's reload the file. ]

The system is a bit awkward: [We haven't determined the reason for the rebirth of the characters in this world yet, so even if the file is loaded and restarted, there is no guarantee that it can be completely restored to the original state...] Ji Ling's eyes darkened when he heard this, and he almost fainted: [So

you What do you mean, even if you do it all over again, there is no guarantee that they are all normal? 】

The system dare not speak.

Ji Ling laughed back angrily: [Even if the failure of the first mission was my fault, but now they are all reborn, it must not be my fault, right? This is completely different from what we agreed on before. This is a serious violation of integrity. I ask you to give me an explanation! 】

System: 【Don't worry, I will report this situation to my superiors and give you an explanation as soon as possible. 】

Ji Ling looked indifferent: 【Your words sound very familiar to me. 】

System:【? 】

Ji Ling:【One of my mother's colleagues bought a house last year, but when they actually took over the house, they found that it didn't match the model house, and the developer's original promise was not fulfilled, so they went to the developer to ask for a house According to the saying, the sales manager of the other party replied to her like this every time. ]

System: [...]

Ji Ling: [The point is, this matter has been going on for a whole year, the banners have been pulled, the doors have been blocked, and the other party is still prevaricating like this until I die:)]

System :【......】

Ji Ling sincerely sighed: [So you must not be like this, right? 】

System: 【...】Don't dare to speak, dare not speak.

............

Ji Ling fell asleep and woke up in the afternoon of the next day.

Although he found a reason to run away from Jing Sui in a flash of inspiration yesterday, and then slammed the system again, his mood was still very low, and for a moment he really wanted to break the can, but he knew he couldn't do this.

No matter whether the system can give him a satisfactory answer or not, he still has to rely on himself in order to complete the task, and he cannot completely pin his hopes on others. He has to cheer up. Efforts may not have results, but there will be no results without efforts.

If he wanted to go home, he couldn't give up now.

After calming down and thinking about it carefully, although the situation is really bad, he is not hopeless, because the real decisive condition for completing the mission is that the protagonist Gongshou loves each other and HE, as long as this goal can be achieved, the process is not important anymore .

So what if they were all reborn? Rebirth essentially just adds a piece of experience, knowing some things that will happen in the future, it is not a big change, split personality of living people, these people are still themselves in essence, have their own personality and thoughts, and many deep-rooted things will not be caused by rebirth. just changed.

Just like a fool will not become wise just because of rebirth, a cruel and evil person will not become kind and compassionate just because of rebirth.

So they hated themselves so much in their previous life, so naturally they wouldn't fall in love with them just because they were reborn.

The reason why Jing Sui and Brandon treated themselves uncharacteristically was not so much because they liked them, but because they felt guilty. Because they sacrificed their lives to save them in their last life, they felt regret after their death, and they wanted to make up for it after their rebirth. It is also barely said in the past, after all, it belongs to the decent camp, and it is not so insane.

As for Carlos and Wen Yan, the two insidious villains who disregard human life, even if they are reborn with their personalities, they are probably mostly calculating against themselves, and bad guys will not change their minds and become good people just because they are reborn once.

Taking a ten thousand step back, it doesn't matter whether they feel guilty or full of calculations towards themselves, they are just an insignificant cannon fodder, as long as Jing Sui can love Ning Yu, there is still hope for completing the task!

Thinking of this, Ji Ling finally cheered up a bit, and began to carefully analyze the situation he was facing now.

In the previous life, I succeeded in plotting against Ning Yu, the hero of Jing Sui saved the beauty, and showed her affection in front of the whole people. Because of this incident, I caused strong dissatisfaction among the people towards the nobles. Using such despicable means in a duel is undoubtedly a violation of the laws of the empire. Jing Sui wanted to punish him in order to calm the anger of the people, but at the critical moment Ning Yu stood up to intercede for him and forgave him generously. Let him escape punishment in the end.

The reason why Ning Yu did this, Ji Ling thought, was that on the one hand, it was because Ning Yu himself was a bright and broad-minded white lotus persona, not the kind of vicious person who must take revenge; on the other hand, it was because he was actually a smart person. It is of no benefit to him to kill himself. It is better to accept it as soon as it is good. It will not only win a good reputation, but will not arouse the resentment and resistance of the imperial nobles towards him. It will also be considerate so that Jing Sui does not have to offend him. Grand Duke Ji Ting can be said to be comprehensive.

Being kind and upright doesn't mean having low EQ - it's fully demonstrated here by Ning Yu.

But this time, the person who was rescued by the hero became himself...

At that time, facing Jing Sui who played out of common sense, Ji Ling was very collapsed and desperate, but now that he thinks about it carefully, it is actually not that bad, because Ning Yu Still gain both fame and fortune. Not only did he win over himself openly, but also because of Jing Sui's protection of himself, he won the sympathy of the people.

If you want to talk about the only change, that is, Jing Sui is the one who is responsible this time...

But it's not a big problem, because Jing Sui's handling at that time was very clever, which greatly calmed the emotions of the people. Even if some people were still dissatisfied, it was not enough to affect the situation. While protecting himself, he let the bad influence of this incident bottomed out.

So Ning Yu and Jing Sui actually suffered no real loss in this matter.

What really worried and troubled Ji Ling was Jing Sui's attitude towards Ning Yu.

Because he did not hesitate to attack Ning Yu for his own sake!

In your previous life, you were a married couple anyway. If Jing Sui was really reborn and felt guilty about himself, then it should be love for Ning Yu.

So here comes the problem.

With Jing Sui's rational, calm and indifferent personality, would he ruthlessly attack his lover because of a trace of guilt towards himself?

This doesn't make sense!

And if what he said yesterday is true, then it seems that he has put his own importance in front of Ning Yu. It is possible that he died for him once. He finally found out that he is good and was moved by his love. If you like Ning Yu again, do you like yourself instead?

No way -

thinking of this, Ji Ling started to panic again, so panicked!

No, definitely not!

With Jing Sui's ruthless character design, it is already the original author's cheating to fall in love with Ning Yu, which is an irresistible force of fate. If Ji Ling hadn't read the original text, he would not believe that someone like him would really love Ning Yu Yu... so how could such a person fall in love with him just because he died for him?

It's so easy to like him, is he still that ruthless majesty?

Ji Ling was in a mess.

Had he known that today would happen, he would never have rescued Jing Sui at that time. Anyway, Carlos might not have won if he hadn't done so... If God gave him another chance, he would save a dog, and he would not be able to win. Will not save this heartless dog emperor! (Here refers to Ning Yu's betrayal and misfortune.

Ji Ling just thinks about it during the day, at night, about eating, and about sleeping. Sometimes he cheers himself up, and

then

he is vented again. I couldn't think of a clue, and I really couldn't understand the reason why Jing Sui did this. It seemed that there was always something wrong, but I couldn't figure it out, and I didn't know what I had overlooked... He hates this kind of deep-minded and unpredictable people. Ahh! Because of this accident, Ji Ling didn't leave the gate every day, full of worry and confusion about his future . ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ The nine shining satellites in the sky reminded him all the time that this is not his world... Wen Yan walked in from the outside, and at a glance he saw a pale young man sitting there with a dazed expression, looking up in a daze. Looking at the sky, he was so lonely and lonely. It seemed that he did not belong to this world at all. Bitterness appeared in Wen Yan's eyes. Thinking of what happened that day, his heart was dull and aching. He retreated completely, but for him who was obsessed with Jing Sui, the result was no different from the previous life. Because the person he loved dismissed him and only cared about other people. Jing Sui seemed to be saving For Ji Ling, it was actually just to protect Ning Yu, so that Ning Yu would not be retaliated for accidentally hurting Ji Ling. He could see this, and many people could see it. Ji Ling should also see it .

So now, how sad should the boy be?

Wen Yan walked over gently, his heart was full of pity, his dark eyes gazed tenderly at Ji Ling's face, and said in a low voice: "It's late, why don't you go to rest?" Ji Ling turned his head dumbly,

looked Looking at the silver-haired man standing respectfully in front of him, this is not a worry.

I originally thought that he would stop wasting time trying to please me after he became the Speaker of the House of Representatives. In his last life, he had been perfunctory to himself, but in this life, he didn't know what he was thinking. .

Because of his low mood, Ji Ling didn't bother to find words to run on Wen Yan. After thinking about it, he was also a reborn guy. Feeling helpless and at a loss, he couldn't help asking him the doubts that had accumulated in his heart for a long time, saying : "Do you think His Majesty might like me?"

Wen Yan looked at the young man's pale and delicate face, and in the night, the helplessness and fragility in those pierced eyes could be clearly seen, and asked him this question so lonely ...Wen Yan felt pain and pity in his heart, and could hardly bear to speak.

He knew very well that it was impossible for Jing Sui to like Ji Ling.

In the last century, Ling was infatuated, but he couldn't exchange Jing Sui's look back. That man has no heart at all, and he doesn't know how to love someone.

But how could he say this cruel answer to these eyes that were almost shattered?

Wen Yan was silent for a long time, then slowly said: "Your Majesty will definitely like you."

When Ji Ling heard this, his face was almost ashen. Wen Yan, this question! I just want to hear the answer that suits my heart, and I don't want to hear anything else!

With tears in his eyes, he stubbornly refused to listen: "You lied to me! He won't like me!"

Wen Yan looked at him with heartache, his beloved young man, who was originally a confident, clear and proud person, he is the world The most honorable prince in the world should have everyone's love as he should...but now he speaks such words of self-abandonment for the sake of one person.

How deep was the injury that made him so desperate?

Wen Yan's hand hanging by his side was slowly clenched, and suddenly he knelt down in front of Ji Ling on one knee, raised his eyes to stare at Ji Ling's eyes, parted his thin lips slightly, and made a hoarse voice: "If he won't I like you, so... can you stop liking him?"

As long as you say no, I will never let you go.

Ji Ling looked at Wen Yan's eyes. In the man's dark eyes, there was an extremely complicated and gloomy color, as if something terrible was deeply suppressed and restrained, ready to move, as long as he said a word wrong, They will release the imprisoned demons...

Ji Ling subconsciously shivered.

I just want to hear you say he won't like me, but you throw the question back at me and scare me! Sure enough, it is impossible to have a pleasant chat with a big villain like you!

Ji Ling, who didn't dare to collapse, lowered his eyes sadly, and said with a choked voice: "I, but I can't help but like him..."

Wen Yan heard this sentence, the cluster of flames in the bottom of his eyes, It seemed to be doused by something cold, leaving only a piece of ashes, bleak.

The corners of his lips raised slightly, revealing a sarcasm, as if mocking his wishful thinking.

After a while, he closed his eyes and opened them again. In the black phoenix eyes, there was only a thick black that could not see through the light. He gently took Ji Ling's hand and said softly: "I will help you. Ji

Ling looked at him blankly.

Wen Yan stared at him deeply, his low and hoarse voice was thickened by the darkness of night, and said word by word like a promise: "As long as it is your wish, I will help you achieve it." In the last life, I had a selfish

desire Possess you by mean means.

In this life, I only want you to be happy.

It doesn't even matter if it pushes you towards someone else.