24

Nashs POV

" Becca, Becca! "

" What's up, babe? "

" I have some good news. We got the job. "

" Thank god. I'm already sick of this alley. "

We've been living here for four days now, and all we have is this little cardboard shelter I made. We barely have any food. Only some bread.

" Here. " I said, handing Becca a piece of bread.

" No, you have the bigger piece. You need it. You're getting so skinny. "

" No, no, no. You're having it. "

" We'll split it. "

" Fine. "

After we finished eating Becca cuddled up next to me. We prepared for another long, cold night.

-

" What the hell, babe? " I said, coughing. She just sprayed cologne in my face.

" You don't want to smell, do you? "

" No but you don't spray it in my face. "

We walked to McDonalds and got out uniforms.

" Do I look okay? " Becca asked.

" Of course you do. You always will. " I said and pecked her on the lips.

" Thanks babe. "

We went to the cash registers. The manager showed us how to work them when we went to get our applications, just in case we got the jobs. This place didn't have a lot of workers, so he seemed pretty desperate to get employees.

" Have a nice day. " I said and handed a customer their food.

" Working at McDonalds Grier? " Jake said.

" No shit Sherlock. "

" The employees aren't very nice. I'll have to file a complaint. "

" What would you like. " I said, trying to sound as nice as possible.

" Rebecca. "

I looked up at him. " What? "

" You heard me. I want Rebecca. "

" Well you can't have her she's mine. " I could see Becca out of the corner of my eye. She looked worried. Jake didn't say anything. " Are you gonna order food or not? " I said, getting impatient.

" I'm not that hungry anymore. " And with that he left.

-

Becca and I were walking out of McDonalds when somebody tapped me on the shoulders. I turned around.

" What the hell do you want now, Jake? "

" You know what I want. I already told you. "

" You're not getting her. I already told you that. "

" What do you want me for anyways? " Becca said.

" A lot of things. I've liked you for years. Why do you think I've picked on you for so long? "

" Well, you see Jake, being an asshole to the girl you like isn't exactly the way you show her you like her. " I protectively wrapped my arm around Becca and we walked away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jake coming up to tackle me, but I turned around and punched him. Hard. He fell back and held his eye. I probably have him a black eye. " Not today, Jake. Not ever again. "