30

Rebecca's POV

She replied with " Yeah. "

We haven't really gotten in touch since that dumb " fight " we had. Mostly because Nash and I were sleeping in an alley, but also because of our new friends.

I wanted to leave but also didn't want to be rude, so I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off.

" How well do you know your boyfriend? " She asked.

" You mean Nash? "

" No, I mean Yankee Doodle. Of course I mean Nash! " She said. I kind of missed her sense of humor.

" Why? "

" Oh, no reason in particular. "

" You really think I'm that stupid? Why do you want to know? "

She brought out her phone and came over to me. I couldn't believe what I saw.

There were pictures of Nash and her making out, holding hands, and even a video. She played the video. It was of the two making out, Nash's back to the camera. The video looked like it was being taken in secret, and stopped when Nash started to take his shirt off.

This was not happening. Why would he do this? Why would she do this? A million questions were going through my mind.

" Why? "

" Why what? " She asked in an innocent voice.

" Why are you showing me this? "

" He broke up. Said he was getting bored of me. Just so you know, he told me the only reason he was staying with you is because he still feels bad for you, even after all this time. It's always been like that. "

Her words stung, but I didn't say anything.

" What? You thought he really loved you? " She laughed.

I did the only thing I could think of doing. I slapped her. Hard. It left a red mark and I stormed out of the place, ignoring Alice and a Destiny when they asked where I was going.

I took off my heels and ran, ran as fast as I could back to our apartment. I got there and didn't bother to wait for the elevator. I ran into the apartment, breathless, and went to our room.

Clothes, laptop, makeup, jewelry, phone. Yup, all there. I didn't want to talk to anybody right now so I just checked into a crappy motel. When I closed the door I completely broke down. I though he loved me. After everything we went through? He's the reason I'm not living with an abusive father, and I'm the reason he's not living with an abusive father. Was I not good enough?

I made my way over to the bed and looked at my phone. I had messages from everybody. I looked at Cassidy's first.

C - What happened?

C - Where'd you go? Are you ok?

C - Alice and Destiny said you ran out of the party without a word. Are you ok?

Everybody else's texts were the same. I checked Nash's last. He's the last person I want to talk to right now.

N - Damn how long does it take you to go to the bathroom? 😂