32

Nash's POV

It's Monday. Everybody's least favorite day of the week. Of course, it used to be my favorite day of the week since it meant getting away from my father for the time being and seeing Becca, but I'm back to dreading it. Mostly because it'd mean seeing Becca and having that awful heart-dropping feeling.

It was so weird not having her around. The last time we were apart for more than a day was when she slept over at Cassidy's, and that was only for a day.

I walked into the school and my heart dropped. Not just because of seeing Becca, but she was all over this guy. I don't know who, though. I couldn't see his face. Did she really move on that quickly?

I started to go past them to get to my locker when they separated and I could finally see his face.

" Justin? Really? " I said as soon as he walked away.

" I would say the same thing about you and Alexis. " She scoffed.

" I told you I didn't do it the pictures- "

" Save it, asshole. " She cut me off and walked away.

I felt like crying again, but I couldn't. Not in school, at least.

Once I got to History I put my headphones in the sleeve of my jacket so I could listen to music in one ear. Yes, this is something middle schoolers would do because they saw it on Instagram, but it works so I do it anyways.

I put my music on shuffle. Dammit, a sad song. I'm really not in the mood.

Wrap me in a bolt of lightning

The fact that it was Shinedown made it even worse. Ever since she introduced me to them the day we got my phone, I've been practically obsessed. Their music is extremely good.

Send me on my way, still smiling.

Maybe that's the way I should go, straight into the mouth of the unknown.

I left the spare key on the table

Never really thought I'd be able to say I merely visit on the weekends

I lost my own life in a dear friend.

I've said it so many times

I would change my ways, no, never mind.

God knows I've tried.

Call me a sinner, call me a saint

Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same.

God this fits perfectly.

Call me your favorite, call me the worst.

Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt.

It's all that I can say. So I'll be in my way.

I finally put it all together.

But nothing really lasts forever