ೋღ 𝟰 ღೋ

I don't understand you guys fr! there are 100 reads on chap 2 and 108 in chap3 like duh? Pls don't skip chapters y'all!!

+×+

What does an assistant do?

Taehyun thought about this question all day. He thought it was just serving coffee every morning and telling them their schedule of the day ahead, things which he wasn't fond of.

He wasn't enjoying it. Not even a little bit. He didn't want to be his assistant. Beomgyu was his enemy, and he wanted to make him and Iseul suffer. He may sound like a villain from a movie who was planning to kill the main lead without planning anything because that's as it is. He has no idea how will he take his revenge.

He obviously, thought of getting back with Iseul, cause, as a result, he will be happy and Beomgyu will be devastated like him. The thing was he wanted both of them to get hurt, but every plan that he thought of was only one-sided. And when he planned about it, he thought about it every second. He truly loved Iseul.

He had a few more zeros than you.

It made his blood boil. Love wasn't about money. Love was about mutual understanding, affection, and trust. But his love was replaced by money just like that. Does Iseul even love the man sitting before him?

Yes, the latter was handsome. Taehyun was angry, not stupid to not notice the charming points of the older, but the tsundere he is, he will never admit it.

"Do you have anything to say?" Beomgyu raised his eyes from the papers he was signing.

'yes! I have plenty to say!'

Taehyun rolled his eyes, successfully without Beomgyu noticing, but then he clicked his tongue which earned him an eyebrow raise. He was sitting here for almost half of the day doing nothing, when he could be in his cubicle on the fifth floor, doing some actual work. He didn't sign for this when he joined the company.

He regrets waking up in the morning and driving all the way here. Yes, he would happily work for this man if it was 1 week before, but now, Nah. Not a chance. He might even just resign from his job but his ego is too high for that, 'cause that will make him look weak. Quitting after finding your ex is dating your boss? Sounds intriguing.

"You could at least pretend to enjoy the job, y'know" Beomgyu leaned back on his chair, eyeing the other male who scoffed.

"Why would I enjoy working for you?"

"You have been doing it for years..." Beomgyu reminded him, something which he knows too well. That was before he knew this rich bastard and his intentions. "Tell you what-" Beomgyu stood up from his chair behind the desk, the same mischievous smile painted across his face. "You can stop working as my assistant as long as you pay."

Beomgyu picked a random paper, scribbling down some digits on it before handing it to Taehyun. He really went from zero to a hundred in one day. What happened to being Iseul's friend? If that's how he wants to play then Taehyun is more than okay to be just Iseul's friend.

Taehyun inhaled a shaky breath, running his eyes across the multiple zeros again. There is no fucking way keying a car will cost him this much. Or will it? "That's for each line you scratched."

And here goes nothing.

This is pure torture.

"What do you want?" Taehyun asked, paper crumbling in his hands.

"Money?"

"I mean, as an...assistant." Taehyun tried to keep himself calm.

Beomgyu passed him a satisfied smile, walking back to his seat and sitting in a not-so-boss-like manner.

"For now, nothing. You can just clean your cubicle and move your things up."

For a war that was supposed to give Taehyun the upper hand, he miserably let his enemy score a point.

Taehyun furiously marched towards his cubicle, exiting the elevator, Pairs of eyes watching him in curiosity. He cursed every slur he knew, dedicating it to Beomgyu, while Yeonjun rushed towards him. The latter is not surprised seeing him this angry, it's a common sight for him to see these days.

"Did he fire you?"

"No!" Taehyun almost shouted. "That bastard! He thinks just because he is rich, he can do any fucking thing!"

"What are you talking about?" Yeonjun asked, confused. Oh– he still didn't who that bastard is.

"For Pete's sake Yeonjun, the guy who took Iseul from me! He owns this place!" And then it hit the older. He shoots his hand upon his mouth in shock, amusement invading his face. "No shit! If he didn't fire you then why are you packing? Are you quitting?!"

"He appointed me as his assistant because I keyed his car." Taehyun smashed the unholy magazine in his cartoon, forgetting that he is not supposed to take that with him.

"You keyed his car?!" Yeonjun shouted out loud, earning a few looks. Before capping the box off, Taehyun took a deep breath closing his eyes.

The game had begun. And now, it's his turn to score a point. And he has to...

No matter what.