ೋღ 𝟮𝟵 ღೋ

The office felt so unfamiliar. The lobby he walks through every morning, the elevator he takes to sixth floor. Everything felt strange to Beomgyu, even when Taehyun was beside him the whole way. This would be the last time they get into an elevator together.

Beomgyu pondered about it all night. He knew Taehyun felt the same way, Yet why couldn't he accept his love? The kiss was magnificent, something Beomgyu wanted to do over and over. Something he loved. As he looked at the dazed Taehyun, he felt his world once again crumbling down.

The doors opened on the sixth floor. The floor where everything began and will end. Beomgyu didn't want that, he wanted Taehyun to stay. He wanted for them to argue again, for them to continue being in each others presence. This situation was making Beomgyu feel useless, he didn't know how to stop Taehyun as he packed up his supplies.

"Are you sure about this?" Beomgyu breathed out.

Taehyun stopped to look at him. That same saddened expression on his face. "I'm sure." his words wasn't convincing at all.

"Stay." Beomgyu said, sitting at his desk watching his every move. "Please..."

"I'm not doing this." The younger's voice cracked.

"Then tell me why?" Beomgyu pleaded. "Why won't you stay? Is it because of me?" he got from around his desk and walked in front Taehyun. "How I got angry with you, the way I treated you. I didn't mean all of those things Taehyun, I swear!"  Beomgyu was willing to apologize right now if it would let him stay.

"That's not it." Taehyun looked away from him. "I was equally as hostile as you."

Beomgyu held Taehyun's hands. "I was only testing you at first-" he said, not listening to Taehyun. "When you keyed my car I thought he was willing to stand against me. Someone was willing to defile me. When I called you to my office and you didn't back down, I liked that. It distracted me from my mom's death anniversary coming up." He ran his hand through his hair, his emotions getting the better of him.

"It was fun. Then I realized that no matter if I was bad or good you still looked at me. You understood me and before I knew it I was in love with you. Hell, maybe even from the beginning!" Beomgyu looked into Taehyun's eyes. His heart tempting him to kiss the other. "I'm sorry, Taehyun"

Taehyun held one of his hands in his, the other rested on his cheek. "Beomgyu" just calling his name was able to ease Beomgyu's worries. Sooth him and make him feel a sense of well being. "Do you know why I acted that way towards you?" Beomgyu shook his head. Taehyun was sure if he was under different circumstances he might just act the same way he did. "I was angry at you. You took away the one person I loved with all my heart."

Taehyun thought it was time. They were being honest. Taehyun knew Beomgyu's reason. He needed a distraction. He had full hands on what would happen if he thought about his mother during that time. How emotional he gets, blames himself more and more. Their little squabbles made him feel at ease. Taehyun understood, he also understood that for once no one wanted to see the goody too shoe CEO, ptting on a act just for show, concealing a part of you.  In the presence of Taehyun, Beomgyu was able to show every inch of himself.

What about Taehyun? He did all this for the sake of revenge. Over one girl when there was plenty more fishes in the sea. He pushed Beomgyu to the edge with the one thing that hurts him the most. Taehyun still felt bad about it. But what he did was nothing compared to being used as a means of distraction by Beomgyu. In the end he was able to solve the problem he created but he still felt responsible, a huge weight on his shoulders.

Falling for Beomgyu wasn't something he planned. No one plans to fall in love, especially not with the enermy. Beomgyu was just the man who got the girl Taehyun wanted, the man who had way better points than Taehyun. He was jealous of Beomgyu.