ೋღ 𝟮𝟰 ღೋ

There he stood, Beomgyu, glaring at Taehyun with fury. He was literally sending death glares at the younger.

"Gyu, we need to get through checking these..."
Isuel said, her voice hinting that she also felt the tension in the room and Taehyun for once was grateful towards her that she was able to break the tension filled silence.

Beomgyu walked over to Isuel with steps that could shake the earth, while Soobin sat beside Yeonjun, giving a sheepish smile to Beomgyu as he wondered who Iseul was. Taehyun took his seat at Soobin's left which happens to have him facing none other than Beomgyu.

"I was thinking we could go with this colour-" Isuel trailed. "Or maybe this one. It seems a bit brighter than the previous one..." But Beomgyu only mutilated Taehyun with his eyes and for the first Taehyun had a sense of fear towards him.

Soobin might just be a bigger trigger than he thought.

"So Soobin," Taehyun started, picking up a cupcake. "I heard you're a fashion designer?"

"Ahh yes," The oldest said, his gaze flashing from Beomgyu to the floor, finding every corner of the house to be fascinating.

"How long?" Taehyun asked, biting into his Cupcake.

"About six years now." Soobin replied, smiling at how fond he was of his job.

"Maybe you can give Beomgyu here a few fashion tips." Chuckling, Taehyun looked towards him as he watched Beomgyu tapping his foot aggressively, consuming his anger.

"I don't know if I could..." Soobin said nervously. "He's already quite fashionable."

Taehyun laughed, placing his half eaten cupcake down. "Don't be fooled. All he wears is suits."

"Seriously Taehyun?" Iseul said, irritated that her wedding plans was being interrupted. "This isn't time for your stupid schemes. Unlike you people-" she gestured towards the other three before pointing at herself and Beomgyu. "-We have serious things to do."

"You could always plan your wedding another time." Taehyun finished off his cupcake, rolling his eyes. "Better yet hire a wedding planner."

"Wedding?" Soobin said confused. Being shut out of his half brother's life, it was understandable that he didn't know about the wedding, which made Taehyun grin, as he took this as an opportunity to piss Beomgyu off even more.

This is how it should be; how it's always
been. There's no turning back now or ever since Soobin set foot inside this house....Yet why does he have this incomprehensible feeling in his heart?

"Beomgyu's getting married!" Yeonjun said with his face stuffed with treats.

"Congratulations." Soobin remarked. It was clear that he was happy for his brother but with a hint of sadness that he would miss such a glorious event.

"Shut up." Beomgyu said. His tone low yet frightening, which made Soobin look up at him.

"Is this how you talk to you older brother?" Taehyun shook his head, faking disappointment.

"Brother?" Isuel said, eyes wide as she looked at Beomgyu. "Is that true? I thought you said that you didn't have any siblings..."

"I said shut up!" Beomgyu repeated, looking like he was about to have a break down. Taehyun wondered if he should continue. He'd
waited for so long to end them and this was a huge step in doing so. But now, when he looked at the stressed Beomgyu, knowing that he was the source of his anger, Taehyun couldn't help but worry.

These last few days have proven how violent Beomgyu could get. Not the best person to be around when angered. But even when he was, he never hurt Taehyun- Once was only by accident and he sincerely apologize for it after.

Taehyun glanced at the red-haired, concerned. The sight of broken down Beomgyu made him want to ask if he was okay. But when he tried to open his mouth and utter a word of concern, he felt like he was betraying himself and all that he worked for.

A battle between his concern and his revenge was a tough one.

He looked towards Yeonjun for help, but he was too busy eating and admiring Soobin, making sure he wasn't going to cry. While Isuel was more concerned about her wedding plans. It was only the two of them. A power struggle neither could win.

Soobin was that key. And now, Taehyun had to decide what he truly wanted. It wasn't fair to use Soobin. What if things get out of control?

And then there was Beomgyu. Taehyun feared if he pushed him any further, the older might just fall off the cliff and dangerously hurt himself. Taehyun didn't want that. These last few days had him rethinking something he didn't want to acknowledge.

"I'm not going to get involve in this drama." Isuel turned towards the harbinger of this all. "Beomgyu, let's go plan our wedding somewhere else-" she tugged at her fiance to get him to leave along with her, but..

"I don't think that's a good idea..."
Soobin interrupted, getting up from his seat and taking Beomgyu's arm from Isuel. "I know your wedding is important but today is not the best day to plan it." he immediately released his brother's hand when he was received with a cold glare.

"Why's that?" Isuel crossed her arm, adding Soobin to her list of people that annoyed her.

"Just-" Soobin looked at Beomgyu then back at the girl. "He has a place he needs to be. This day is a bit traumatic for him..."

Huffing, Isuel grabbed her bag. "What could be so important that he can't even plan his own wedding?" Her heels clicking furiously as she walked out. "I'll plan the damn wedding myself!" and the door slammed loud behind her.

"Kang Taehyun." Beomgyu spoke "Why is he here? I don't want him here!" He yelled, kicking the coffee table making the treats fall to the ground and startling all three of them as they took few steps back.

"Beomgyu, I'm sorry-" Soobin was cut short by the red-haired male getting up and knocking a few vases over. Taehyun hadn't notice this before but Beomgyu looked extremely tired and through his anger fit, you could see his pain in his eyes.

"Leave." Beomgyu muttered.

"Soobin, what day is it today? Why is it traumatic for him?" Taeyun asked trying to get a sense of what was happening.

"Today is his mother's death anniversary..." Soobin said, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "And he- I'm sorry Beomgyu-"

It all made sense to Taehyun now. Why Beomgyu was upset when he saw the picture or why he's been in a rut these past days. Why Soobin asked to keep a eye on him. He was concerned about his brother for obvious reasons. But it still didn't answer the question as to why he despised Soobin so much.

"Get out of my house!" Beomgyu yelled at the top of his voice. "| said get out! All of you!" And  when he saw that no one -specifically Soobin- wasn't moving. He decided on taking him out himself.

"Stop!" Taehyun said, stepping between the step-brothers "No one is leaving." He turned towards Yeonjun who was frowning at him. He was in for an earful later. After all he made his crush cry. "Go to one of the spare rooms on the third floor. Stay there until he's calmed down." Yeonjun did as he was told and left with Soobin onto the third floor.

Taehyun then looked towards Beomgyu with guilt. When he heard the older shout, he didn't hear the resentment and anger that others heard, instead He heard a cry for help.

"I'll bear with you for a little while longer."

And Taehyun knew he had crossed the line.

+    ×    +

Helloo y'all I'm backk! I was supposed to be back a lot before but Wattpad, as always, was being a bitch- Nvm all is well now!

Hope you have a good day! do vote and comment!!!