12.5 Happy Birthday

Sky

Fate is a fucking bitch.

Especially mine.

As soon as I recognized the house, I knew I was in trouble.

And not because they'd recognize me, but because by the time I looked into his eyes, I'd already lost.

The game would be over.

And in his favor.

I'm a fool.

The game is long over.

As always in his favor.

When he walked into the library with his cousin, he never took his eyes off me. I couldn't stop looking at him either. Anyone with a little sense would know something was going on. I couldn't take any more chances, so I got up and apologized, saying I was going to the bathroom. I didn't think he had the courage to speak to me in front of everyone. Or I was just the coward.

When he stopped me with his hand and spoke to me, I almost fainted. I want to scream and tell him to let me go and never touch me again. But instead, I whispered quietly, hoping that he would listen and that others would not hear me.

That's why I'm not surprised to see him enter the bathroom five minutes after me. He closes and locks, and my brother screams and knocks on the door. Rain doesn't know this doesn't make sense, and he can't stop it. He doesn't know him like I do. There is hardly anyone on the planet who knows him better than I do.

I wash my hands as I look in the mirror as he leans against the door, looking at me anxiously. He is dressed in white and very handsome.

- It took you a little longer than I thought - I say, and smile a little, looking at him in the mirror. I wipe my hands and look around.

- It takes me forever to catch up with you, but I can't - he says softly, his voice is soft and soothing.

I hate it when he's nice.

- You okay? – He ask and I can see a little panic in his eyes.

I sigh and turn to him. I'd rather look him in the eye, even if it kills me.

- Are you worried about me or yourself?

He leaves the door and approaches me. He raises his hand and strokes my cheek. I close my eyes, feeling his warm touch. His hand is buried in my hair.

When I open my eyes, his face is a millimeter away from mine. He looks at my lips and I bite my lower lip.

- Natt, don't - I whisper and put my hands on his chest.

- Why? - he whispers in a hoarse voice, looking at me as if fascinated.

- Because... - there's another knock, and my brother's voice sounds hollow through the closed door. - That's why. What do I tell my brother now?

- The truth - he leans over to kiss me, but I manage to push him away.

- What truth? - I ask and I turn around, getting out of it.

- For us.

- No, no more! - I say and open quickly.

Unexpectedly for me, I find my brother struggling with Natt's cousin . As soon as he sees me, Rain pushes him away and pounces on me.

- Sky - screams and hugs me hard. Then he looks at me and touch me - Are you okay? Did this guy do something to you? Tell me, don't be shy.

- It's nothing, Rain. I'm fine. - I take a quick look at Natt, and then I turn my eyes back to Rain.