59. I Ruined You To Satisfy Myself

Rain.

- Are you okay?

I turn my head to my brother as we walk towards another wedding store in a huge mall outside Bangkok. After everything that happened, I really didn't want to come, but I promised him. And when he showed up at the door with Mr. Porsche, insisting that I absolutely must be there, I was literally forced to go with them. Mom came along too. She and Mr. Porsche walked ahead, having there own conversation.

- Yes, I'm fine.

- Let's go into this one, - says Sky, already pulling me towards the store.

We enter a spacious, bright store with so many clothes that it makes your head spin. We head to the section with suits, and Sky starts examining the numerous white outfits on hangers. I approach him.

- Venice really didn't do it on purpose. She just doesn't stop bothering him. She's so annoying, - says Sky, looking around. Suddenly, he turns to me and leans on the iron railing. - How have you both been lately?

- What do you mean?

He raises an eyebrow.

- It seems to me like you're trying to fix things. Venice talks about you all the time. He says how much he loves you. - he crosses his arms over his chest, looking at me playfully. - And I see that sparkle in you, the one that was in your eyes when you were together.

- Yes, we all witnessed his love today, - I say, ignoring his comment about me.

He huffs.

- You're impossible. I'm telling you, there's nothing there. You're imagining things. We all know who Venice is interested in and who he's not.

I stop listening to him and look around. A suit catches my eye. Nothing special. White, sleek, with a tailored cut. I run my fingers over the fabric. It's really stylish and elegant.

- Do you want to try it on? - Sky comes to me, holding two hangers with clothes.

- Are you crazy? I'm just looking.

He takes the suit and examines it.

- Yes, it's nice. And you need clothes too. After all, you're my best man. - he says, placing it on his arm with the other clothes. - Let's go.

We head to the changing rooms, and Sky pushes me into a cubicle, handing me the suit and a floral wreath.

- They come as a set. Get to it. - he says, smiles, and pulls the curtain.

I groan. Why do I have to wear this? When he sets his mind to something, my brother can be quite stubborn. Although the suit is really nice. And the fabric...

Oh well, I'll just try it on. Where did Mom disappear to?

I undress and carefully, so as not to damage anything, put on the pants first, then the jacket. I wasn't wearing anything under the jacket. Maybe I should have brought a shirt, but since I had a T-shirt on, I took it off because it didn't match. I button up the buttons and look at myself. I think it suits me. I take the artificial flower wreath and place it on my head. That's better. I smile at myself in the mirror. As immodest as it may sound, I look great.

- Sky, I'm ready. Come see me. - I call out, looking at myself in the mirror.

I hear some noise and voices. I turn, and right then, the curtain is pulled. I freeze. Behind it stands the last person on Earth I wanted to see at the moment.

Venice

- What are you doing? Let me go.

- Come on, move faster. I won't wait for you all day.