46. Old Wounds, New Scars!

Rain.

I manage to hide my wedding ring before I turn around and look at him. He stands at the door of the room and looks at me angrily with squinting eyes.

- I asked something. - he repeats in a quiet voice.

I'm trying to keep my temper and not to cry of him. I put my chin up and look him in the eye.

- I can be here. It's not forbidden.

He rolls his eyes and snorts. Closes the bathroom door with a bang and I'm scared. I curl up in one corner of the bed, pulling my knees up to my chin. He goes to his closet and takes out his clothes. I can't help but notice how sexy he looks in a towel. His back is wet, and the fine droplets drop defiantly and get lost in the towel. Venice grabs the towel and looks at me. I look away in shame and roll my eyes.

- You can look if you want. It's not the first time you've seen me naked. - he says mockingly, and I feel the warmth in my cheeks.

- Done.

I open my eyes and notice that he is only wearing short black shorts. His hair is still wet, tied as usual, and drops of water fall on his chest, but he absorbs them with the towel. My body is filled with hot lava from an insatiable passion that I have not been able to quench for a month. I press my foot even harder and hope he doesn't notice the need I felt for him. Without saying anything, he sits on the ground in front of the bed and leans on it, turning his back on me.

The intense silence between us drives me crazy. It's like we're two complete strangers. It's like we haven't laughed here, kissed, made love in this bed. In the months before we parted, I was the happiest man on Earth, but now it seems like it was all just a beautiful dream I woke up from under duress.

- Where's Hades? - I decide to break the silence because he has no intention of doing so.

- In my parents ' room. - he says. - Damn it.

I look over his shoulder and see him feel his hand. There are wounds that, if not washed away, could hurt him even more. I sigh and get up. I can feel him watching me when I walk past him and go to the bathroom. I find the first aid kit and go back to him. I sit next to him and put the first aid kit between us.

- I'll wash your wounds. - I say, and open the first aid kit.

- I can do it myself. - he reaches for my hands, but I pull them away.

- You can't. - I say it hard and I look at him.

He shut up and stops fighting. I loved it when he let me hold on to him, even though I no longer have the right. I'm taking tampons and oxygen water out of the can for flushing. I put some on and I look at him.

- It'll sting a little. - I warn him before I touch his skin with the tampon. I carefully clean his wounds of blood and possible dirt. He didn't let me out of his sight. He watches my every move and makes me worry even more. After I clean his face, I apply ointment and take over his hand. The skin on the knuckles is very sore and tiny drops of blood appear every time I touch them.

- Does it hurt? - I'm asking as I bandage his arm.

- It's no big deal. It's been happening to me all the time since... - he stops and I smile sadly.

Since what? Since we broke up? Is this your life now? After me?

- Done. - I say after I'm done with his hand.

I look up and realize we are so close. His eyes stare at me and study me like a beautiful picture. His hand goes up and he touches the corner of my mouth. I close my eyes. He slides his thumb down my lower lip and stops, rubbing it.