27. In The End Of The Day

- I think they might have passed...

- Khun Kinn, we found them.

Pete looks up at the words of the boy who just walked into the living room.

- We've located Mr. Venice ' phone. He just turned it on.

The man hands Kinn a phone, but Vegas grabs it first.

- They're not too far from here. We'll be there by car in half an hour.Come on. - says Vegas, and he's about to leave.

- Vegas. - Pete stops him by grabbing his arm. - What if it's a trap? - he asks. Pete was worried. And Vegas could see it. He puts his hands on his cheeks and looks him in the eyes.

- We don't have a choice,we have to check. I promise you, our son will be home tonight.

- Okay, but I'm coming.

- No, you're gonna stay at home waiting for us with the Porsche and the kids.

- Vegas, you can't keep me in the dark. He's my son, too.

- Pete's right. Actually, we all come. - Porsche says, buttoning up his jacket.

Vegas looks at him bloodily, but Porsche ignores him.

- Come On, Pete. Let's go save your son. - Porsche grabs his hand and the two leave, followed by Natt and Sky.

Vegas looks at Kinn.

- We can't go out head to head with them, you know that. That's why they're best friends. - Kinn says and shrugs.

Vegas barks and walks out of the House.

Rain.

- Jesus, Venice, don't close your eyes. Look at me, don't fall asleep. - I push his head, it swings in different directions.

Venice opens his eyes, but they're unfocused. I put my hand on his forehead, it's all on fire. I look at the wound on his back. I managed to roll him over on his stomach and with my shirt bandaged the wound tightly in an attempt to stop the blood. But she kept watering the fabric, and Venice got worse and worse. I don't know what to do. Tears flow from my eyes at the powerlessness I feel. What do I do? How can I help him?

- Don't cry. - barely says Venice. His voice is hoarse. - It's gonna be okay. - He looks at me with half-closed eyes.

He tries to raise his hand, and I grab it, put it on my cheek. His skin is hot to mine. I bend down and kiss him on the lips. Tears are falling down on his face.

Suddenly, someone starts knocking on the door. It starts to creak and succumb to pressure. I get up quickly and pick up the axe, standing in front of Venice. I don't have to be afraid to protect him. One last punch and the door opens. Tharn stands in front of me, and behind him are some of his men. I hold the axe even though I'm shaking all over.

Tharn looks at me, then Venice, then me again. I can tell from his face an emotion I didn't think a maniac would feel. He was worried about Venice.

Tharn raises his hand and the people behind him drop their guns.

- It's all right, kid. We're here to help you. - he hands his gun to the man behind him.

- Help us? Look at the state we're in because of you. - I'm yelling at him, ready to swing and cut his head off. I didn't care anymore. I was going to kill that scumbag.

- I can help him. He's gonna die if we don't stop the bleeding soon. - Tharn says cautiously and takes a step towards me.

- Don't move, stay where you are. - I swing the axe and he stops there.