31. But I Did It!

Rain.

1 hour earlier.

As soon as Natt left, I apologized to everyone and took my brother out of the room. We sat on some chairs not far from Phi Pete's room.

- You okay, Sky? - I ask him while I wipe his wet face. The tears don't stop flowing from his eyes.

- I'm Sorry, Rain. I'm so sorry I ruined everything.

- Hey, don't say that. Nothing happened.

- God, what am I gonna do? Now that our father knows everything. What do I do? - Sky covers his face with his hands.

- I'll tell you what we're gonna do. - I grab his hands and make him look at me. - You're gonna go get your stuff. Then you will move to the Theerapanyakul family.

Sky shakes his head.

- No. I can't do this.

- You can. And you will.

- But...

- Since when do you love this boy, Sky? Doesn't he deserve your trust? He stood up to everyone for you. He wants you by his side. Don't hurt yourself anymore, Sky. You love each other too much, I can see that. It's time to give yourself a chance. - I put my hand on his breast - It's time to think of yourself first, little brother. Let the person you love make you happy.

After I finish, Sky looks at me suspiciously. I took my word for it.

- When did you start talking so beautifully? - he wipes his nose with the sleeve of his shirt. Under other circumstances, I would have scolded him, but now I'm going to swallow it. - I think you're in love, too.

- I always wanted to be a poet. - I say, and we both laugh.

- Since when did you start protecting Natt? - I thought you didn't like him.

- After what happened, I already like him...a little. - I make a face and smile.

- It's all so messed up. - Sky whines and takes a napkin from somewhere and blows his nose. - What about mom?

- I'll handle it. He won't do anything to her, especially when you're not there.

I think I said the most stupid thing of my life. Sky makes a face like I kicked him in the stomach and looks down.

- You're right.

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean that...

Someone coughed next to us and we turned our heads. Venice is ahead of us.

- Sorry to interrupt, but you have to go. You don't have much time, and as far as I know, my cousin will carry out his threat.

- You too? - Sky asks, and stand up. Venis looks at me questioningly, but I just roll my eyes.

Sky gives me a big hug.

- Thank You, Rain. I love you. - he whispers in my ear and leaves.

- You think he'll be okay? - I ask Venice, watching my brother walk away down the Hall.

- Sure. I can guarantee you we'll take good care of him at home. - Venice's got my back. I put my head on his chest.

- I should have gone with him. - I sigh with guilt because I feel so happy near Venice, and my brother suffers.

- Come on, this is his fight. Let him win it himself.

- Mmmmm- I close my eyes and give myself to the feeling that only the boy behind me makes me feel.