49. New Page Of Our Life!

Rain.

- I'm here. What's the emergency?

Sky smiles and shows me two pictures.

- White roses or lilies?

I sit up for our meeting.

- Is that why you got me out of bed and told me to come right away, because it's a life and death situation?

- Indeed, it's a life and death situation. I need to choose flowers for the wedding tables right away. There are so many things left to do. Invitations, food, decorations, guests. I don't know how I'll manage everything on my own. Rain, you have to help me.

- Come on, Rain. Sit down. - Flo pulls me to sit with them. - Help us, or your brother will go crazy.

Suddenly, I start looking around the garden nervously. I don't know what I'm afraid of. I shouldn't be so worried.

Sky and the girls were sitting on the grass by the pool, discussing wedding preparations. It's so hot that I feel like I'm going to faint, but it doesn't bother them. My phone makes a sound, and I take it out of my pants pocket. I look at the screen and smile. "I miss you. Shall we have dinner together? I can come pick you up."

- The guy isn't wasting any time.

I drop my phone as I see Sky peeking curiously over my shoulder.

- Sky. - I nudge him and quickly put my phone away. I text him that we'll talk and put it back in my pocket.

- So, are you going to tell us who your secret admirer is? - Flo asks.

I tense up.

- No. - I cut in sharply. - That's none of your business.

- Don't be mean. We're all really happy for you. - Archi says and smiles at me.

- Sorry. It's just hard for me to talk to you about this, considering... - I look around awkwardly.

- We understand. - Flo says and sympathetically puts her hand on my shoulder.

- Don't worry, Rain. We know how difficult it was for both you and Venice. We're just glad that both of you are happy now. - Sky says and adds. - Even if you're not together.

- Thank you. - I say and lean on my hands. They continue talking about something. I look up at the sun and close my eyes. My last night with Venice was what I needed. I needed to let go of him in order to live again. To be that carefree boy I was before I met him. I really feel good now. My skin shiver and I open my eyes. Venice is sitting next to me, looking at me curiously. I blink and stand up. He's crouched next to me, having just returned from training. He's only wearing shorts, and sweat drips from his face and chest.

- Hey. - he says and smiles. After that night, things between us unexpectedly took on a different meaning. There were no more fights, snappy remarks, or anger. We acted like good acquaintances, and I liked that. It's as if the pain in my chest is fading with each passing day.

- Hi.

- How are you, Rain? - Natt asks, and I turn my head towards him. My brother's handsome future husband is sitting next to him, teasing him and ruffling his hair.

- I'm fine. I came to help my brother. - I nod towards Sky, and he grimaces.

- The best brother in the world. - he playfully messes with me.

I roll my eyes and stand up.

- I'll go inside and pour myself something to drink. Anyone want something?