51. The Truth

Venice.

- I love to dance a lot. Dances are a way of life. My way to be individual.

I'm watching the video that Flo released. On the screen is Rain. He's sitting on a chair in some hall and talking.

- What is this? - I ask, turning to him. He looks forward, lips pressed straight.

I turn back to the television.

- I've always wanted to pursue a professional dance career. I had given up, but something happened and changed my whole life. - Rain smiles at the camera, and his eyes light up. - It made me realize that I can achieve anything I want. Because this is my life. If you liked my performance, I'd be happy to participate in your competition. It would be an honor for me. See you soon.

Flo stops the video. The smile has disappeared. Now she looks expressionless.

- This video was for a dance competition that Rain was supposed to attend. - she looks at me. - But we all know why he didn't succeed.

- What's going on? - I look at Rain again, he closes his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest. I see his lower lip quivering. He's trying to control himself.

Flo plays the video again. You can hear her voice on it.

- And now say something on camera to this person.

- Flo, I'm embarrassed enough.

- What's the big deal? You have a boyfriend, don't you? Come on. - she starts urging him. - I promise I'll remove it when I edit the video for the competition.

- Okay. - Rain says, sighs, and looks into the camera. - I love you. I love you with all my heart, Venice. You are the reason I believe in miracles again. I wished for something impossible, and it actually happened. I never imagined I would meet someone who could turn my whole world upside down like this. You are my miracle. Always be with me. Thank you for everything. - Rain smiles, and then the picture freezes. Everyone is in shock. I'm in shock. How foolish I've been all this time. How confused I've been.

I look at him. He still has his eyes closed. It's all because of me.

- This video was meant for you, Venice. - Flo says. - You were supposed to see it the night you broke up with Rain. - she looks at him for a second, then back to me. - Both Rain and I had been preparing it for a long time so he could give it to you and tell you how he feels. But he never succeeded. You didn't let him. - she adds the last part, and I clench my fists. I know I made a mistake, but I won't allow her to treat me like this. Especially not in front of our parents.

- Flo, be careful how you speak to your brother. - Pa Vegas says and looks at her warningly.

She is embarrassed by his words, but her look remains angry.

- The security found the flash drive in the garden and gave it to me. I kept it, even though I didn't understand why or what had happened then. - she continues. - And one evening, while I was walking around the house because I couldn't sleep, I heard a conversation. - she says and looks at Natt. - Between Venice and Natt.

Oh no.

- Flo, this is between the two of them. - Natt intervenes and looks at me anxiously. - Let's let Venice explain everything.

- Yes, we shouldn't interfere in other people's business. - Sky joins in.

She stares at them for a few seconds, then speaks calmly.

- Yes, that's right. - she nods. - But I didn't know I was involuntarily involved in it.

Her beautiful eyes pierce mine, and I panic. She knows. I don't know how, but she found out. She heard us. I look around as if I'm trapped. I don't like this at all.