19. I Miss You!

- Get out, get out, it's your fault. Get out, I shouldn't have met you.- I'm sitting across from him, unable to move. I see a man come up to him and shoot him in the back.

- Rain - I scream, but I don't seem to hear anything. He's lying there covered in blood. I walk up to him and embrace his lifeless body. - Rain, wake up, you hear me, wake up, don't do this to me. Rain, I love you. Noooooo.

I wake up on the floor again. This has happened every night since the day of the accident. I'm getting up, I'm not going to sleep anymore. I go to the bathroom and take a hot shower. That kind of calms me down, but it wasn't enough. I want to drive around town for a while. I leave the bathroom, get dressed and leave the room. When I walk through the living room, some of my family members are sitting up and talking.

- Venice - Papa Pete sees me and comes to me. I've been a little distant from them lately, but what happened to Rain hasn't given me peace.

- I'm going out, I want to drive around town.

- We can come with you. We'll take a walk and spend time together. - he says hopefully and takes my hand.

- Thank you, but I want to diversify a little.

- We can...

I raise my voice and he looks at me. He lets go of my hand and moves a little away from me.

- Let him go, Pete. He's a grown man and he can make his own decisions. - he says Pa Vegas without looking at me.

Pa Pete bows his head. I sigh and touch his hand.

- I need to be alone. Please. - he nods and smiles mockingly.

I nodded and left the house. I was trying to be nice to everyone, not blame anyone for the accident, but I felt too pressured. Rain isn't talking to me. He hasn't been to the University in two weeks. I have no news about him. Even my sister doesn't talk about him anymore. I hope he's okay and recovering. He didn't want to see me, he didn't want to talk to me, but I hope he calmed down a little bit.

Rain

The next day.

- Get out, get out, it's your fault. Get out, I shouldn't have met you. - I'm sitting across from Venice, unable to move. I see a man come up to him and shoot him in the back.

I scream, but I don't seem to hear anything. He's lying there covered in blood. I walk up to him and embrace his lifeless body. - Venice, wake up, you hear me, wake up, don't do this to me. Venice, I love you. Noooooo.

- Rain, wake up. Rain.

I jump into bed in a panic. Another fucking nightmare. Two weeks now. I look at my brother. I'm breathing short, I'm all sweaty.

- Did you dream the same thing again?

I'm not saying anything. I cover my face with my hands, feeling a slight pain in my right shoulder.

- You need to get back together. You can't go on like this. You've been obsessed for two weeks now. You don't sleep, you don't go out, you barely eat. You're gonna get sick if you keep going like that.

I make a sound and warm tears come out of my eyes.

- You think this is easy for me. - I say upset. I tear my eyes out angrily. I'm sick of crying. That's all I've been doing lately.

- I know, but you're okay now. Your wounds are almost healing. You need to start going out and being yourself again. Don't let this break you.

- Guys - mom knocks and walks into the room. - What happened? - mom asks when she sees me.