Chapter 62

J: Girls, can you close your eyes for a couple of seconds, please?
The girls pretended to do so, looking between their fingers. Jimin, at that moment, reached out to Jeongyeon and kissed her.
Dh: wooow
Mo: yoooooo
Che: woahsmdnbsjzks *incomprehensible sounds of surprise*
Jh: my eyes

JY: w-wh.. what are you doing? They are watching us
She took his arm and led him a little further away.
J: You were so cute when you sang that song, I almost bit you.
JY: yeah, cute... rather ridiculous, God, what a shame...
J: it was not a shame, I liked it, especially the moment - "so much and so much 🫰🏻" ahahaha
JY: laugh laugh... i will never bet again

//

A month has passed and the New Year is about to come.
Jeongyeon cleaned herself up in the morning to meet her beloved and celebrate the New Year together. They were invited to a party in a narrow circle of friends. She was joyful and happy, and as if nothing could spoil today, when suddenly a message came to her phone:

"My New Year's gift to you, sweetie.
From Sn."

One letter Sn made her shudder.
He appeared again in their lives, on a day when everything should have been perfect.

She opened the message, and what was there shocked her. There was a photo of Jimin and Seulgi sitting in a restaurant smiling sweetly at each other while holding the other hand in one hand.
It was as if she had been shot an arrow at her heart. Her boyfriend and her close friend... Why is all this happening to her, at the moment when she truly found her happiness - that's all she could think about.
Then she got a message from Jimin:
" Are you ready? I can't wait to see you 🤍"

Without noticing it, a tear rolled down her cheek.
Part of her was telling her not to go to that party tonight, but part of her couldn't just sit back. Therefore, she firmly decided that she would meet with him today and talk, no matter how bitter the truth was.

Jeongyeon's manager dropped her off at the right place. The party was hosted by Taemin, so he only invited his closest friends with their couples.

Jimin was already there, waiting for his beloved. At that moment, someone tapped on his shoulder from behind.
SG: hello
J: oh hi Seulgi, how are you?
SG: great? Did you come alone?
J: well.. not really... i'm waiting for someone
SG: oh, and who is this mysterious princess that stole your heart?
J: you'll find out soon
SG: anyway, I'm happy for you, whoever it is, hope you're happy!
She gave him a friendly hug.
J: thank you, and I wish you to find your soul mate

//
Jeongyeon went up to the very top floor of the high building where the party was being held, and when she entered the hall, she immediately started looking for Jimin.
Tn: Jeongyeon, hi! Where are you running? :)
JY: oh, Taemin-shi, hi, sorry, I didn't notice you...
Tn: It's ok, are you looking for Jimin?
JY: yeah... *awkward*
Tn: I saw him around the snack table
JY: thank you

Jeongyeon walked on, and when she reached the right place, she saw him. Him hugging Seulgi.
What? No.. it can't be.. after all the beautiful words he'd said to her, after the beautiful night they'd spent together.
Her heart cried inside from this picture.

J: Jeongyeon?
Jimin, noticing his girlfriend, started walking towards her, while she tried to get out of there.
She felt as if she was suffocating in this space, and she urgently needed to get out into the fresh air. So she quickly ran to the balcony.
JY: *inhales and exhales* breathe Jeongyeon, breathe...please don't cry. Don't you dare cry!
J: Jeongyeon?
Finally he caught up with her.
She was afraid to turn to him, afraid she would cry if she saw his face. Therefore, she continued to look at the night city, which opened from this height, tightly squeezing the balcony railing.
J: baby, are you okay?
He approached her carefully, wrapping his arms around her waist and hugging her from behind.
Jeongyeon just nodded her head.
J: Why aren't you looking at me? Did I do something wrong?
Jimin was very worried and confused at the moment as he didn't understand what was going on, because everything was great between them these days.
Gathering her courage, she removed his hands and turned to him.
JY: it's you better tell me, did you do something wrong?
J: what are you talking about?
She looked into his eyes filled with pain.
Jeongyeon took out her phone and stuck the photo in his face.
Jimin silently looked at the photo, at first he was surprised, but then his face became serious and the tone of his voice fell lower.
J: Where did you get this photo?
JY: so this is the only thing that worries you right now?!
J: You misunderstood
JY: then explain
J: first tell me who sent you this photo
JY: Jimin! *shouted* Do you even understand how I felt when I saw this photo? It was like I was hit in the back and in the heart at the same time ... But I still gathered my strength to ask you about it, and you keep asking, who sent the photo! Who cares?! Now the question is completely different!
She began to push him with her hands, and tears dripped from her eyes treacherously.
JY: It was nice for you to watch me, a fool who knows nothing, have a crush on you, and you with my close friend...
Without letting her finish, he grabbed her hands and twisted them behind her back.
J: there's nothing between us, it's just...
JY: just what?
At that moment, Seulgi entered the balcony.
She looked at them dumbfounded seeing them in such a close position.
Sg: oops, looks like I'm out of time

———————————————————————————
Tap the ⭐️ button if you like this chapter and look forward for the next one
And write down below your thoughts 🌼