𝟏𝟎𝟒

"𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙳𝚘 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠?"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥

"NOAH, I had no idea that all that happened," Jess mutters as her frown deepens at the thought of someone hurting Noah.

"It's a massive case, so they can't really talk about all the details on the news," Noah mentions, "And Emily was really weird about me being mentioned in the news."

"I mean, it would be kinda crazy if everyone knew you were involved," Jess says, agreeing with Emily.

"I mean, she was weird about me even being there. Like, they didn't wanna name me and she still said that they weren't allowed to talk about it, so they cut a huge part of the story from the news," Noah replies and sees Jess nod her head as she takes a sip of wine.

"Yeah, I had no idea that Jack was in the house," Jess says, "But I get it."

"I just hate that we had to lose her," Noah mutters as she swirls her wine in her glass to distract herself from crying.

"I know it's hard to see it this way, but it's better than it having been you or Jack," The blonde says, making Noah nod as she thinks of the little boy.

"I don't know why we had to lose anyone," Noah shrugs as she feels a familiar sting in her eyes, "I'm sick of having to go through all this shit. I know life's not easy and everyone's always telling me that everything's gonna be okay, but it doesn't feel that way when things just get worse and worse."

"Noah," Jess coos as she lifts Noah's chin, "I don't understand half the things that have happened to you and I can't say that I understand what it feels like, but I'm here for you. I'm here to be a part of the good things that happen. Because you're the best part of my life and I wanna be yours."

"You already are," Noah mumbles through her tears, "And that means a lot to me."

"I don't want you to feel like you have to hide this from me," Jess says, "I appreciate you opening up about this to me, but I don't want you to feel like you have to shut everyone out when something bad happens because I'm here. I'd rather take on some of your pain than know you're taking it all on your own."

"I'm here for you," Jess mumbles as she wraps her arms around Noah's neck, "Always," She says as she presses her forehead to Noah's.

Noah smiles to herself and lifts her head up, kissing Jess, which surprises the blonde. Every time their lips touch a spark of electricity zaps them. People usually get butterflies, but Noah and Jess feel a jolt between them that runs through their veins.

"Thank you," Noah says, the blonde feeling Noah's lips speak against her own.

"You don't have to thank me," Jess grins.

"I want to," Noah whispers as she wraps her arms around Jess' waist and lays her head on the blonde's chest. The teen feels safe in Jess' hold as the blonde's arms squeeze tightly.

"You wanna watch a movie?" Jess asks.

"You'll show me one of your musicals?" Noah replies with a question as she peers up at the blonde.

"I'll have to dig into my musical index," Jess thinks out loud, "We haven't watched Phantom of the Opera yet. That's my mom's favorite. It's a good one, a little dark, which maybe isn't the right thing to watch—"

"Jess," Noah giggles as she stops her girlfriend's rambling, "Whatever you wanna watch is okay with me."

"Okay," The blonde says and strokes Noah's hair at the back of her head, "Are you emotionally stable enough to carry me to the couch?"