part one - viii.

When I woke up in the morning, I found Killian in the tent but I told him to stay away from me. He did what I told him and I half hated and appreciate that. I was still angry when he came in and wanted to keep distance but I also wanted him to hold me and comfort me, telling me everything alright.

When I woke up, the top of the tent hadn't seem so blurry. I lazily lifted myself up and peeked out of the tent. I looked around and noticed how things were becoming clearer. Relief washed through me, realizing my eye site was finally repairing. I ran my fingers through my hair, "Finally something good happening."

Pack members greeted me when I left the tent with good mornings and didn't talk about the crazy outburst I had last night. I was happy about that and grabbed some bread. I made some toast near a small fire made for cooking and at the picnic table. Killian came out of the tent soon and made his way over towards the table. He sat across from me and it was silent for a moment.

"Go ahead." I said, picking at my toast. "Say it, I know I acted crazy last night."

"You're Alpha, you can say whatever you want." he said.

I placed the piece of bread down, "Killian, come on. Don't do that. Look, I'm sorry I know I was crazy last night. I'll admit it, I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you."

He stared at me for a moment, "You got to learn how to talk to me. Open up."

"Trying to open me up is like trying to open a suitcase that needs a code. Devin right, I have spent allot of time on my own and don't know how to communicate." I said, looking down at the table. "Wanna come with me to go see Nate. He supposed to be getting answers from the high pack members about letting the rogue families who Talaus kicked out and others."

"I should stay, watch the pack." he said. "Give Nate my best."

*

I watched at the end of the table as Nate and the older respected men in the pack talked about the new law he wants to create to let Rogue who he feels deserve a second chance to come live here. Texas is a big pack and with so many leaving they can be filled in.

"We could risk safety of the pack members." a man said to Nate. "Alpha Nathan with all respect, I just want to remind you."

"I understand why you're concern but I'm not just going to let them in. I'm going to have them investigated and have people come check up on them for at least six months. You all read my proposals, I'm not just going to freely let them back in. After it seems like they are trusted, they will be clear and free to live their lives. Most of them that already came have families and want to give their children a good life." he said. "Allot of them also use to be pack members. Talaus abused his role as Alpha but I won't."

They continued to talk and I leaned against the table. A year ago I hardly knew Nate and didn't know he was cousin. I thought he was some weird quiet kid who hung out with Marco Hanigan. When I believed Blue to be the best cousin I earn—and she still close to my heart—Nate would always have my back I come to learn.

He has done so much to help me with my pack. My pack I didn't have a home to let them go to. We were pretty much a bunch of strays but he let us stay. I respect and will always owe Nate for his kindness since most Alpha would throw us away. He has given us food and supplies we needed. I know once Oregon becomes mind, first thing I will do is payback everything I owe Nate.

"Time to change history." a man said, signing on a piece of paper Nate lawyer has written. The four other men written their names down and shook Nate hand. He had just gotten the approval—he could have just done it without them but Nate wanted the respects of his Beta and the high members. Something Talaus would never do—to let rogues come back into the packs.