part one - xv.

When I started to come around again I found that my wrist were free. I brought them up to my eyes to cover them from the bright light in the room and I rubbed the palm of my hands against my eyes. I don't know how long I was asleep but I feel like I could sleep more.

I heard a clicking sound and my head quickly swat to my left. I saw Cortez-Faulkner whatever-on a chair a few feet away from me with a gun in her hand. Her long tan legs cross and the chick had the nerve to smile at me! She had this cream color folder against her stomach.

"Let me explain myself." she said. I lunged towards her to scare her a little as my eyes went Amber and Sapphire as I bared my teeth. She sighed heavily, "Miss. Vaughn, please let me talk. Let me tell you about who I am and what my team is doing."

"I don't care what you have to say." I said as I quickly sat up and got off the metal bed. I turned to leave the big white room but I heard the gun move in her hand and when I looked in the corner of my eyes she was holding it up to me.

"I know what Belladonna does to your kind, I know it blinded you almost. Which I will apologize for what Shane did but I'm glad it recovered." she said. "Why don't you sit down, Miss Vaughn?"

I reached up behind me and pulled myself up to the metal bed. I lifted my chin up a little as my nose flared and she lowered it down to her lap. I knew this could be my chance to lung at her and probably kill her but she was only human. I didn't want to kill her since her strength wouldn't match mine. It'll be like a cat chasing a mice. And I was curious to what she has to say.

"My father was a scientist for your kind. I followed in his footsteps." she said.

"Hmm, I thought you were a doctor. Maybe that's why I didn't find it so strang at the hospital." I said coldly.

"I am also a doctor. I was my father only child and he made sure I study the hell out of my soul." she said. "He use to work in Mexico, that's where he met my mother. He was a good researcher for finding new drugs or cures. Then a man name Talaus came to us and told him he'll pay him big money if we come live here. My father spent long hours in this building researching for Talaus. I was just working at the hospital since it meant less hours but I knew of his and Talaus plans."

"And what plans are those?" I asked.

"The Army went to Talaus." she said, making my eyes widen a little. "They wanted him to build this drug-this energy shot."

"That's a lie." I coldly said "Talaus isn't even Alpha anymore, my cousin is. Someone would have told him-"

"Only Talaus knew, it was his secret." she said. "When Talaus died, the secret went along with him. He was being paid big, big money."

"How am I suppose to believe you?" I coldly asked, leaning back against the bed with boredom. "What kind of energy drug did they want?"

She picked up the cream color folder and tossed it next to me on the metal bed, "For the soldiers, to make them stronger." she said. I stared at her for a moment as my eyebrows furrowed together and I sat up. I picked up the folder and opened where a contract with Talaus name on it. "We noticed how much strong your kind is, how fast you can run, and your hearing. Everything about your kind is stronger and we believe if we can find out why we can give it to the man for when their out in the field."

I read the boring contract only a name before I closed it, "Bullshit. The research is pointless."

She tilt her head to the side, "And why do you say that?"

I scoffed, "Because it has nothing to do in our blood! It's apart of our souls and last I checked you can't do a simple surgery to remove a soul." I threw the folder back at her, "You're wasting your time so just end it."