part one - ix.

I saw a familiar brown wolf running my way and I quickly smelt her scent. When she was only a few feet away Melinda shifted back into human skin and we threw our arms around each other. This time I could see her much better even though my vision wasn't completely heal but I could see her better. She looked healthy and glowing. Her hair was still beautifully long and down to her waist.

"When did you arrive?" I asked as we walked around.

She hooped her arm around my arm, "Last night around one a.m. Nate came to pick my mom and I up. After a night rest I knew I had to come see you and drag your ass to do some maid of honor stuff." she said. "This wedding is in five weeks, we have so much to do." she said, chuckling.

"So quick, don't you think?" I asked.

She shrugged, "It's not a big wedding, only about fifty or so guest. Even I want to be married soon."

"I still think you're both very crazy. Nate is my cousin but do you think you're both doing the right thing?" I asked. "I mean, you both weren't even dating and he just suddenly asks."

"I know Mat." she said. "Trust me, while on the plane ride back I couldn't believe what I agreed to. I was going to call Nate and tell him I changed my mind. But the more I thought about him, the more my heart started to beat racer." she said shyly as she blushed and smiled.

"Oh God." I said, laughing. "I see someone taken a quick liking to her fiancé."

"Oh shut up, Mat." she said, chuckling. "We wolves do crazy thing and I already know Nate. But Nate is actually not too bad. I always thought he was sort of weird but now I don't. We been talking about the last two weeks and I can say I like him allot." Her smile turned into a grin, "Last night he kissed me and whoa I couldn't believe how good he could kiss. I didn't expect it."

"Ew." I said, making us both laugh.

"She's all alone." Melinda suddenly said, confusing me. I looked at her to see her looking near the lake and I followed her direction. I saw Aeriela near the water sitting on the ground with her knees up to her chest and just looking out at the water. "She was the same way back with Ramses. She's just all cleaned up."

I looked at her, "Did you know she was supposed to be with Aydin?"

Her eyes widen and her head quickly snapped to face me, "What?"

"Yeah." I said, nodding. "Ramses wanted them together and Aydin had no problem with it. Aeriela did and while Aydin was wooing you, Aeriela got her first period. Only thing stopping Aydin from making her his little 'wife' was when he brought you back."

She took in a sharp breathe, "I did always catch him near her. I thought it was a little to close but he just told me he's like her big brother. That bastard." she coldly said. "He's a grown man and she's a young girl."

Aeriela

I was starting to think I made a big mistake.

I think maybe I should have never left Uncle Ramses. Sure it wasn't that much better than it was here but at least there I knew who I was. Uncle Ramses was always good to me. He took care of me when my mother died after I was born and he never had kids of his own. Maybe I could have convinced him hard not to make me be with Aydin.

I was scared and worried about everything. I knew Uncle Ramses wasn't doing good things when Mat and the others were locked in the underground cellar but I wanted to believe my uncle was a good man. To me in my eyes—he was a good man. He never hurt me and showed me love. Once I saw him try to kill Mat though, it made me realize that the life I was living wasn't something a girl should deal with. I met Mat and she was something I always wanted to be. She was strong, tough, and brave. I wanted to be her.