part one - xii.

Mat faced me when the driver appeared in front of the outskirts of the woods, "You don't need to worry about anymore problems, Aeriela." she said, making me confused. "I'm making Ulric leaving and I warned Ian about his sister. She does one more thing to hurt you, she's out of the pack. I'm sorry I haven't been around to stop it sooner." 

"Oh." I said, my mouth forming a small 'o' shape. I brought my hand up and ran it across my nose, "Mat, you don't need to kick Ulric or Harley out. I can handle them and it doesn't seem fare after I hurt Harley if—" 

She put her hands on my shoulder, "Aeriela, they were bullying you. You were just defending yourself." she said. "I just keep believe I haven't noticed. I been terrible to you lately when I should be here for you. It's so new and you need someone here to help you—" 

"Mat, you don't need to keep apologizing." I said, making her frown. "I'm not the kind to hold grudges for so long. I can easily forgive people, which might not always be a good thing." I said, lowering my head. 

"Ulric doesn't need your forgiveness." she said, making me lick my dry lips since that isn't who I meant. I meant Uncle Ramses since I'm not sure if forgiving him was a good choice or not but I know staying here won't be any better. Ulric leaving but doesn't mean another horrible thing won't happen. "There are people who deserve it and someone people who don't." 

We finally got out of the car and we walked back to the campsite. It took about thirty minutes to get there and when we did everyone looked at us for a moment before they went back to what they were doing. I walked over towards my tent to go inside of it when I saw Harley near Ulric tent. Harley looked liked she been crying and they started arguing. Harley tried to hug him but he put his hands on her shoulders and shook his head. He said something and Harley finally walked away crying some more over to Luna who hugged her friend. 

Ulric bent down to his bag and started throwing more stuff in it. He looked up at me and I bit my lower lip when his eyes met mine. I wanted to go over towards him and hug him but I remember him calling me a beast. 

I quickly went into my tent. I changed out of the clothes I been in for the last four day into some new shorts and t-shirt. I brushed my long red hair that was really knotty and I french half braided it. Strains of baby hair and short hair framed around my face. I grabbed my toothbrush and mint paste before climbing out of my tent. 

I met someone feet and when I stood up, Ulric was there. We stared at each other for a moment before I turned away to leave. I heard him sigh heavily, "Aeriela, wait." he said, gently grabbing my arm. I paused, lowering my gazed to the ground. "I'm so sorry for what happened the other day."

I cleared my throat, "You're right, I am a beast. I would have seriously hurt Harley, I was wrong for losing my temper like that."

"You're not a beast, I didn't mean it. I was scared, I never seen you behave like that." he said. He turned me towards him, "I didn't mean to make you runaway. I have been losing my mind the last couple of days, I'm so sorry."

"I been hearing sorry allot lately." I said, making him confused. I cleared my throat, "Look, it doesn't matter now. We don't have to see each other anymore after today." I said since I'll be leaving sometime tonight. 

"Mat told you she's making me leave, didn't she?" he asked and I nodded. "It's probably for the best, I cause a lot of trouble." 

I looked up at his blue eyes, "Where are you going? Back home to Massachusetts?" I asked. 

He shook his head, "No. A distant cousin in Missouri is letting me come stay. That's why I haven't left yet, it's been hard finding somewhere to go." he said.