part two - xxxi.

So we didn't have a ride home after prom, which wasn't such a bad thing since I didn't love far. We walked into the part of town where allot of stores were.

"I hope you had an good time." Zakaria said as he walked passed me.

"Didn't turn out awful like I expected." I said I held looked down at the skirt of my dress. "You're clearly are prince charming at dancing."

He laughed softly, "Thank you. You are not clumsy at slow dancing, so that is a good thing. Are you cold?" he asked since I had crossed arms and held them close to me. It was spring but at nights it still got chilly.

But I refused to let him know that so I shook my head, "No, no. I'm fine. We're almost to my house anyways."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. He felt warm, like someone who been standing in the hot sun but all wolves were warmer. I awkwardly looked down at my shoes as I pulled away slightly, "Really, I am fine. Thanks though-"

"You are shaking." he said but probably meant shrivering since my arms were slightly.

"Aeriela." someone said my name and I turned to see it was Ulric. He dressed still in his work clothes with a beanie over his head and black jacket that was open. He had stepped out of the sports bar but not even old enough to drink he appeared sober and probably just went in to eat. He stared at me the dress then at Zakaria hands were holding onto my arm. My face quickly blushed before I pulled away. Ulric cleared his throat as he refused to look at Zakaria, "I heard it was prom night. You look really stunning. Hope you had a good time."

I stared at him, unbelieved this was Ulric because the old Ulric I knew always burst into a fit even if a guy tried hitting on me. This Ulric remained calm as he looked at me but those familiar blue eyes didn't appear happy. They seemed sad, dull like. He still refused to look at Zakaria who put his hands in his pockets and arched his eyebrow at Ulric. I rubbed my chilled arms to get the blood rushing, "Thanks. Where are you going?"

"Back to Alpha Matilda place. I earned enough money though to buy an apartment near the train station." he said.

"Oh. It gets pretty noises over there when the train leaves." I told me. I couldn't believe I was having a converstation with Ulric about trains.

He shrugged, "Play some music, I should be fine. It's cheap rent." he said. He noticed me shivering and arched his eyebrow, "Why don't you have a jacket?"

I shrugged my left shoulder, "Didn't bring one."

He started to take off his jacket, "Sounds like you to forget. Here." he said, holding it out towards me. I debated to if I should take it or not. Yes, I was cold and it would warm me up. But it belonged to Ulric. I didn't wanna take it because it was his.

Zakaria arm came out and he took it, "Very kind of you." he said. Ulric finally looked at him with a glare as Zakaria put it around me and I held it close to me. "I seen you sometimes around Alpha Matilda home but you are always out running when my brother and I come over. Avioding me?" he asked, looking slightly amused.

"I don't have a reason to aviod you, I don't know you." he said.

"I know you though. Your Killian second cousin. You're also Aeriela ex." he said, making me wanna leave now. "You are the glass shatterer."

Ulric looked confused, "I'm the what?"

"Nothing." I said quickly as I grabbed Zakaria and pulled him away. I was expecting Ulric to overreact or something like he would normally do since Ulric was an expert at overreacting but as we got further away I realized...no, he wasn't gonna overreact. I let go of Zakaria when we turned a corner and I turned to him, "Really? You have to be a smartass with comments?"