part one - xvi.

Aeriela

Three Weeks Later

Ulric said he had a surprise for me. I had my eyes covered with a bandanna as he left to his tent to grab something and I waited at mine. I didn't expect it coming, he just out of know where said he had a surprise and blind folded me.

I heard him come back over and he sat in front of me, "Okay, take it off." he said.

I reached up and quickly slid down the cloth to see two big brown bags in front of me. My eyebrows furrowed together, "What is this?"

He pulled one bag towards me, "Just open and see." he said. I pulled the bag onto my laps and peeked inside. I found a purse, a bunch of makeup, books, some hair things, some music of singers I grown to life, and a pair of sandals.

I chuckled, "Ulric-wow thank you." I said since it was allot of stuff I liked. "How'd you pay for this-"

"Aeriela, it's rude to ask how much things are." he said. He pushed the second bag over and I chuckled, opening the bag up to see some clothes inside. I squealed loudly because I love getting new clothes. I pulled out a few pair of jeans and some really cute shirts, "You'll be starting school tomorrow and girls should always get a few new outfits. According to my mom for my sisters."

I held the white flowy top with lace on top, "Feels like my birthday but with better gifts." I put the shirt back in the bag and leaned over, pecking him hard against the mouth. "But you know didn't have to spend your working money on me. I didn't make that money myself."

"I think putting up with me is allot of work." he said, making me giggle. He reached into the first bag and pulled out a book, "How about your read this book to me?"

I read the title, "Anna and the French Kiss? Is it good?"

He laughed softly, "I don't know but the lady said it's good to read for girls your age. Come on, read it to me."

I groaned a little, "I don't know, the book a little bigger then the one hundred page books I read and their mostly for children."

He crawled over next to me, "Come on, I believe in you. Only way to get better is to get out your comfort zone." he said, placing the book on my lap. I stared down at the book for a moment unsure until I picked it up. We laid back in the tent as I slowly read out loud the book. I hated reading out loud and I had to pause allot to sound words out. It wasn't easy but it wasn't impossible. It was hard in the beginning but I spent many hours with a 'tutor' reading and doing simple math problem. I'm scared of math because she said it get harder.

*

I was nervously tugging at the hem of the flowy white top after I got out of the car. I could feel my heart racing in the school parking lot where there wasn't as many humans as there was around big yellow cars called bus.

Mat got out of the car and I turned to face her, "Mat, I can't do this. I wanna go back-" I tried to go around her and go back into the car but she grabbed me.

"Oh no! Aeriela, it's gonna be alright." she said, placing her hands on my shoulders and gave me a small smile. "Don't worry about it, just sit in class and pay attention to the teachers. Don't be scared, you're a brave girl. School is no big deal."

"Did you have an awesome time in school?" I asked.

"Eh. . .my high school experience will be different from yours." she said, making me scoff. Ulric came over next to me and took my hand in his. "I didn't like any of the kids I went to school with until the last half of the year after I met Killian. Relax, it's gonna be great and you'll be with many pack kids from Nate pack. I hear even one of the was from a Rogue family in your grade. When lunch comes, you'll be in the same lunch as Ulric."