part two - xxxvi.

Aeriela

I brought my feet up on the swing as I held the phone against my ear, "She just doesn't understand me anymore." I told Zakaria. I had just got off of school but I didn't want to go inside the house. I knew Zakaria would still be awake, probably laying bed and it was late there in Georgia. "Two years ago I depended so much on her but that was two years ago."

"Well I am sorry you two fought but siblings always fight. Tamaz and me argue allot." he said. "So much I sometimes wanna run away. Over there, it was nice. He had to pretend to be nice to me to make it seem like we never fought. Him being over ten years older, he thinks I am immature and childish. I think I might just runaway to over there. There's nothing here for me."

"There's nothing here for you either." I reminded him.

"There is you." he said. "That is enough. My good friend Ellie over there who nice to me."

I couldn't help but smile a little, finding that sweet a little. Why does Zakaria have to say the right things? I'm waiting for him to say the wrong things but he's been saying the right ones. "I'm not really nice to you, though."

"True, you are not." he said, making me chuckle. "But I don't get offended easily. You're like an angry puppy. Mostly cute. I wish I could be there you watch you graduate this Friday, I'm sure you're excited."

"Yeah." I said as I heard a cry drive towards the house. It was Mat car and I wonder if I could run far away from the house before she steps out. I stood up from the swings, ready to go inside, "And soon, my birthday whenever that is. I can do anything I want." Mat got out the car but she didn't walk over. She waved for me to come over and I stared at her for a moment. I was just going to pretend that I didn't see her do that but curious I sighed heavily, "Zak, I have to go. You go to sleep. Goodnight." He said goodnight to me in his language before I hung up the phone. I slipped my phone in my back pocket as I walked off the porch and walked over towards the car.

"I done allot of thinking." she said across from the car. "Another pack of wild wolves are on their way, they should be in less than an hour. I know you're curious to see if it's your old pack. Aeriela—Ellie, I'm not going to give up on this but it would be nice if you help me. Help me teach them how to live in the modern world. They'll respect you more if you help them while helping me."

My cold look disappeared from my face to surprise, "You want my help?" I questioned.

She nodded, "Yes. This is also your world. Ellie, you come from best of both worlds. I do best with human-wolf contact but you do well with modern wolf-wild wolf contact.Will you please help me?"

I stared at her to see if she was serious and she was. I hadn't expected her to ever ask me this. I lowered my head, not sure to why I feel so calm about this. I brought my hand up behind my neck, rubbing it. "I don't know," I said. I lifted my head, "I wanna go see them again. I wanna see Aydin."

She bit her lower lip before nodding, "Alright—but I don't want you to do anything to him. Not at least until you're eighteen."

"Deal." I said as I grabbed the handle of the door and got in.

*

I watched as the three women grabbed the metal trays with food on it. Even though there was three of them, they all fought for food with each other as if they were hungry even though they get fed like six times a day. Wolves always fought for food though if it's what they wanted. I lowered my head from the window, remember how Uncle Ramses always brought me my food and ate near me to make sure no one tries to steal my food. I hated always having to be careful with my food.