part one - xiii.

Aeriela.

It made it to the town I was a day and half ago. The old couple could only take me two towns away and I had to get picked up one more time before I decided to walk away when the creepy man hit on me. Since I knew where I was going it made it easier to go where I was supposed to. 

As I walked into the woods I been in the other day where I met Uncle Ramses I was praying to myself that I hoped I was doing the right thing. I had this feeling that I was since with Uncle Ramses, I know at least it's where I belong. I may be the weakest but I knew how to survive the pack life. I was just glad Uncle Ramses found me and was willing to forgive me. He was fight, we were family. Mat said we were sister but the thing is—we aren't sisters. We weren't blood. 

Blood is thicker than water. 

I saw Uncle Ramses when I made it to the river. His back was racing me until I got a few feet away and he turned around. He smiled down at me and hugged me, "I knew you would come." he said. When he pulled away he cupped my face in his hands, "I knew you would come back. I promise things will be different." 

I smiled at him, "Thank you, Uncle Ramses. For letting me come back." 

Uncle Ramses looked at the bag on my shoulder, "Is that the human things you want to bring with you?" he asked. I nodded my hand as I looked at it before looking back up at him. "Let me see it." he said, confusing me. "I want to see the stuff. I don't want anything that I don't think should be in the pack to be with you." 

"But—" He snatched the bag from me and I scoffed but let him do what he wanted. He crouched down to the ground and searched through the bag. He put out the books, some clothes, jewelry,deodorant, and other some of my things of mine I brought. "Happy now?" I asked him. 

He messingly through the stuff back in and stood up handing me the bag, "I just had to make sure. I don't want the young one to go near any of those things. Might make him curious of the modern world also." 

I breathed out heavily, "It wasn't so bad, Uncle Ramses. The wolves and humans yes but the things I got weren't bad—" 

"Aeriela, that stuff doesn't belong with us." he said. "We don't need those things. I'm only allowing you to have them because you are my niece." 

I nodded, "I know." 

I heard someone behind me until he walked passed me and my blood went cold as I looked at Aydin His dark blonde hair was pushed back as usual with his ripped jeans and old t-shirt. He was bare foot but all of us walk around without shoes but his feet were dirty. 

"Aeriela." he said. 

I stared at him for a moment before I looked at Uncle Ramses, "Why is he here with you?" I asked coldly. 

Uncle Ramses sighed heavily, "Aeriela, I had already promised Aydin you two would be together before I promised you that I wouldn't make you." he said, making everything crash down hard onto me. My jaw dropped as I looked at the both of them, shaking my head. "It'll be different though." he quickly said. 

"I promise to wait until your ready." Aydin said, smiling but it sure seemed wicked. I brought my hands up to my bag, pressing it against my chest as I lowered my head feeling so stupid. "You'll be my mate but I will wait for you. The pack will expect us to be the ones to bring in a new pup but we will talk to them to wait." 

I scoffed as I lifted my head back up, "And they'll want us to keep having children. Uncle Ramses can't have pups, that's why he wants you to be leader when he's gone. I won't be with you just to have pups for the pack." 

"That is the rules." Uncle Ramses said. "As leaders, that is both of your jobs. Aydin takes care of the pack, makes sure it's safe and fed. Yours is to birth pups."