part one - xiv.

Aeriela 

When I got back to the pack, I looked around for Ulric. He was by the lake until I arrived and he started walking towards me. I ran over towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist tightly as I hugged him. 

"Whoa." he breathed out but his arms went around my shoulders. "I guess you aren't mad Mat brought you back." 

"Thank you. Thank you for figuring out I was leaving." I quickly said against his chest. 

"Aeriela got herself in a little trouble." Mat said as she came over. She had her arms across her chest but she grinned at us. She looked at Ulric for a moment before she sighed heavily, "Since you realized she was leaving, I'm forgiving you and giving you another chance to stay. That's if you still want to." she said, looking at the both of us before walking away. 

Ulric looked down at me confused, "What trouble did you get in now?" 

I laughed a little embarrassed as I pulled away and walked towards the lake as he followed me. I told him everything that happened and he was clearly surprised. We sat down by the lake away from the camp site so I could be alone with him. 

"Well. . .whoa." Ulric said shocked. "Jeez Aeriela, you're crazier than I thought." 

I shrugged, "I guess so but I really learned this time that Mat is my family and I'm never leaving again." I looked up at him as I pushed my hair behind my ears, "Are you. . .are you going to stay?" 

He lowered his head and was quiet for a moment. That made me nervous since I guess he was trying to figure out a way to say no. He looked up at me, "Do you want me to stay?" he asked. 

I nodded my head quickly, "Yes, I do Ulric. I don't care if you wanna be with me or Harley or anyone just as long as you stay." I quickly added, "But I would like it if you would stay here with me." 

He looked amused now as he chuckled. He put his hand behind my head and brought me over to kiss him. He kissed me gently on the mouth at first before I pressed my mouth closer towards him. I couldn't help but smile a little and I felt him smile against my mouth. A moment later he pulled away as he grinned, "So I guess I'm staying." he said, making me smile bigger. "And I'm staying for you. Not for anyone else." 

Mat 

I was relieve to see Aeriela look so happy. Her face was beaming and her green eyes sparkled as she looked up at Ulric. Her smile was big and bright. Ulric smiled down at her, holding her close to him and I was putting a lot of faith in him to do the right things now. 

I turned and walked over to where Killian was. He was a table also watching his cousin and Aeriela. I went over behind him and wrapped my arms around him. I kissed his neck, "Happy I decided to let Ulric stay?" 

He brought his hand up to my arms, "Thanks." he said. He pulled me down on the bench as he looked at me with those baby blue eyes of his and held my hand, "I think Ulric will do a better job, I have a feeling." 

I nodded, "I think so to. I don't think Aeriela will try to leave again." 

"Harley!" we heard Ian and we looked over to see Ian grabbing his little sister. "You are not going over there, you understand me! You will leave them both alone or else." 

"It's not fair." Harley said, clearly hurt and pissed. She turned to look at me, "Alpha Mat, please listen to me!" she said, walking towards me. "Ulric made me look like an idiot. He can't stay here—Ian!" she yelled when Ian grabbed her and pulled her away. 

"Wait." I said, making them freeze. I got up and walked over towards her, "I do admit what Ulric did was wrong and Killian is punishing his cousin. I promise I won't let your reputation go badly. I will help you find a mate, Harley. You find another boy—a boy you love—and I will agree to the pairing without hesitation."