part two - xxiii.

I was lost in my own head listening to music on the porch of the house that I hadn't realized Elliot arrived until he appeared next to me on the swing and pulled the ear bud out of my ear. I jerked as I quickly looked at him before chuckling, "Oh hey." I said as he leaned over and pecked me.

"Now I know you weren't really paying attention to today Psychology homework so what was going in your mind?" he asked. "Is it because it's the first day of spring?"

My smiled turned into a small frown as I nodded, "Yeah. It's freaking me out because it could happen tonight, tomorrow, the day after that, or that following days. I have no idea when it's scary not knowing."

"You're gonna have people be there for you." he said before he fully turned to face me with a big smile on his face and my eyebrows furrowed together. He opened his mouth as he tried to say something but he looked slightly nervous.

Amused I reached out and lightly pushed his shoulder, "What? Come on and say it, Elliot."

He reached up and took my hand in his, entwining our fingers, "Aeriela, we're the only few who haven't gotten a mate yet." he said, making the amuse look quickly disappear from my face. "I like you-Hell, I freaking love you. I have been thinking allot about this the last couple of days and I would very much like if to have you as my mate, my wife, and the future mother of my kids."

This was typical of wolves around our ages. Luna had just recently gotten engaged and mated with a boy a year older than us name Fletcher. He was Beta Will cousin and Luna was head over heels crazy for him. Around sixteen lots of young wolves will start pairing together to get ready to be together. Elliot and I were late bloomers in finding mates.

"What do you say?" he asked, drawing my attention back to him. "I know it's unexpected Aeriela but this is a good thing. I care allot about you, I'm gonna be working with my uncle at the railroad station near the mines in Crowsight."

"Crowsight?" I questioned and he nodded. "That's about four hours away from here. I don't wanna leave here."

"I know but the money is very good Aeriela." he said. "I'll be able to make allot of money for us, I'll take care of you and you'll never have to worry. You'll have a safe easy life."

I didn't want to be taken of, I was fine how I am. He has been thinking about this but I haven't. I knew one day this would come but I thought maybe it'll be later on. I didn't know an answer to Elliot question because even though I was scared of having an official mate I also knew there was a chance I might not get another one. Most of the boys are already taken and I would have to go out of Marchand to look for a mate. I didn't want to leave Marchand.

My opened but no words came out since I wasn't sure. I was so glad when I saw Clyde car driving up and he drove up near the garage. He stepped out of the truck with Devin from the passenger and we both stood up from the swing.

"Elliot, how nice to see you." Clyde said as he walked over towards the porch.

Elliot smiled at Clyde and lowered his head a little to show respect, "Hey Mr. Vaughn, how are you?"

"Great." he said, looking at me for a moment. Clyde smiled at the both of us before both men stepped into the house and left us alone.

Elliot put his hands in his pockets as he turned to face me with a heavy look on his face, "Aeriela-"

"Give me a day to think about it." I cut him off quickly as my hands nervously played together. "Sorry I can't give you an answer right now. You taken me by surprise and I haven't really thought about it. Let me think about it today and I'll tell you tomorrow."