an irony for a gifting

:Valerian

I still can't wrap my head around this, how I'm not allowed to be with just anyone? Just cos my great great great (sigh) infact the first of the 12 generation ancestors in my family placed something I call a curse. Why? Because he wasn't an average man, yet pure at heart and had money, but every woman he tried to love despised him because of his looks.

This became a big issue that he had to leave the town and live some where away from people. So he went on being a lone man but he needed a family. Lucky for him on this day, he went into the forest to end his life where he encounters a lady surffering in the woods from injuries she got while running away from whatever. She was quite the beauty.

So Mr. James Xavier here, took her back to his mansion and cared for her. I think the story line ended with them in love. Thus, came the day they had a walk through the woods, when from no where they were visited by an old woman. They'd probably helped her with something I guess and in return blesses them with three gifts.

Gift number one was the sudden beauty of Mr. Xavier, he became a beautiful man instantly. Gift number two, his children and generations to come will be beautiful young men and women but, only a few with healing powers. And gift number three, the family tree will grow in fame and Favours. But then there's a rule to the thing. Every male born offspring must beware of choosing just anyone to help or love.

Normally their lifespan would be a long one but to each time they make a mistake on whom they love, their life span reduces even if the beauty remains.

What sort of gifting or curse is this?!!

Now I live my life aware of my surroundings and not free to let in just anyone?. Because once I get my heart broken over and over again I might die an early death? Atleast the ladies in our family get to live in peace.

I was just reminiscing about this whole thing, I didn't know someone was watching me closely.

"Oh wait, isn't that Marjorie?" I mummured,

I really haven't given my condolences after what happened to her best bud. Am I such a bad person?

"What is she doing over there looking confused... " I added,

Maybe I should take the opportunity and say it now. But how would she take it? No! Maybe not today...poor thing. The whole place's been quiet for a while now that he's gone from her life. Some loneliness are just not brave enough to undergo.

Speaking of a weird day, she just ran off like she saw a ghost,

"Wait...she mostly does this anytime she sees me...do I remind her of something?"

This hasn't been the first time seeing her act this way. I wonder what's up with her mind. Or is she trying hard to avoid people now. Well that's kind of similar to my case.

Just that unlike me, she probably gets to live normally and face life however she wants to, but me sigh... I get to live on some terms thanks to James Xavier the first.