left in the dark

: Valerian

I'm standing in the middle of a house unknown to me, wondering what exactly I'm doing there with an envelope having an upsidedown-smile emoji drawn on a paper, then I hear a scream coming from the outside and I rush towards it. Opening the door immediately, I'm faced with the stalker on a black mask and next to him was Marjorie trying to break free from his grip on her shoulders with a pocket knife to her neck.

She was really scared and calling out saying, 'V.. Valerian s..save me!!' And for some reason they began to seem distant from my reach. I was rushing for her and the stalker opened another door from nowhere and vanished with her.

"No!!" I yelled out of my sleep, my sweat from the sides of my face with my chest heaving.

I looked outside and saw the dawn of day. Squeezed my eyes with my right hand and ran my fingers into my fallen hair. I always sleep with my hair loosened.

"It's just a nightmare Val... get over it," I spoke to myself and got off the bed.

Had a hot shower cos the weather seemed too cold today. Took out my usual neutral shade of clothing and quickly called room services.

I was fermished after not having much to eat last night, given the king ping we had on the table who couldn't control his urge for food.

He's going to keep showing up everytime I don't need him huh? Whom am I asking? Ugh!

Finally they arrived and I was eager to open the door, just to find the devil himself with my supposed food in his care.

"Vencel? What are you–"

"Morning to you too bro, how was your snore?"

What da!

"I don't snore Vencel and you know it,"

"Right just teasing you a bit," smiling and tapping my shoulder while he steps into the room.

Sigh!

"What do you want Vencel?"

"Can we not do the questoning bro, it seems like you almost never want me around, so I create excuses for it,"

"So there's no reason to why you're here?" I asked with folded arms after shutting the door.

"Yes! If that's what you want, but given that I need a reason everytime to see you, I might as well make one now so I don't get kicked out of here," Vencel's words seemed deeper than usual even with the softness of his face expressing it.

Are my really hurting my brother? 

"Vencel! You know that's not how I mean things," i tried explaining, it  wasn't coming out well.

"I know you don't have to tell me, I totally understand, but I just thought I needed the only sibling I've got around me more often y' know... I just wonder at times what happened to you and our brotherhood."

"I'm still me Ven! You're overthinking this"

"Val I know you okay, and no one knows you better than myself... Dude if there's really something you're not telling me then I'd respect that you don't feel comfortable to say it yet... But know that I just want my brother back ever since your coma it's not been the same so I keep blaming it on that,"

Sigh! He's right I shouldn't keep it away from him any longer,

"Vencel I should prolly let you see this,"

I walk towards the tray, pick up the knife and slit an area of my left hand preventing the veins,

"Val!! What are you doing??" Vencel yelled in shock,