Chapter 10.

I said that I didn't want to spend the whole morning after hurling into a bucket, and even though I didn't, I still didn't feel good. When my parents woke me up to say goodbye before heading to the airport, I just simply felt like dying on the spot. My head was still spinning and my head was hurting while it felt like all the organs in my body had been rearranged. They didn't seem to notice though, since they left early in the morning and only woke me up to kiss my cheeks 'goodbye', even though I'll be home in a week.

When they left my room, I just hid under my blanket and fell back asleep. I felt the need to simply stay there all day and not move a single muscle because that might end up with me vomiting.

Of course I don't get my way. The next time I wake up, it's Arthur coming into my room. He nudges me and I groan in response. I hear him laugh at me before climbing into my bed. He sits next to me and pulls the blanket over his legs. I groan again instead of yelling at him to get out and after that I realize that I just have to accept it.

"Charles a dit que vous en aurez probablement besoin." Charles said you'll probably need this, he says as he hands me a glass of something. I take a sip from it and I taste some pear in it, "C'est un substitut liquide." It's a fluid replacement.

Enough said, really. I begin to take big gulps of it and then I put it on the table next to my bed. He chuckles and removes some hair out of my face. I just slap his hand away from my face and lay down again, putting my pillow over my head.

"Combien as-tu bu?" How much did you drink? He laughs at me and I blindly try to slap him, but just end up hitting his leg or something.

"Si ce n'est pas tout à fait évident, un peu trop," If it's not quite obvious, a little too much, I say into the pillow while it muffles my voice. He removes the pillow and smiles down at me as he tries to contain his laughter. The sun shining in through the window is not helping my pounding headache.

Some parts of the night are quite blurry, but I do remember him having a date and then showing up there, and I do remember seeing him put his arm around the red-head. It has been itching at me since I saw it. I don't understand why he wouldn't tell me about a girl he's seeing. He usually tells me when a girl looks at him for a second too long. The only reason I could think he'd be lying is if it's someone I know and someone I don't like or would be supportive of him dating, but he wouldn't keep a total stranger from me.

"Je t'ai vu hier soir," I saw you last night.

"Je sais, je t'ai vu aussi, nous avons eu toute cette conversation," I know, I saw you too, we had this whole conversation.

"Oui, mais je t'ai vu avec la fille," Yes, but I saw you with the girl.

Arthur presses his lips together and looks away for a second. When he looks back at me he's looking apologetic and that's when I know who she is. He wouldn't feel the need to apologize about anyone else. I sigh and push myself up on my elbow.

"Vous sortez avec Valérie?" Are you dating Valerie? My tone comes out a bit more negative than I originally intended it to do.

"Elle a mûri pendant ton absence." She matured when you were away. His defense makes me chuckle out of pure disgust because there is no way in hell she has gotten any better while I was away. She simply saw the opportunity to piss me off and she took it as soon as I went away. I bet she threw me a going away party but left me out from the guest list.

A habit I've mastered the last few years is to just ignore the problem until you're ready to deal with it, and I am not ready to deal with this while being hungover. Sleeping is the easiest way to escape things, so I roll over instead of picking this fight.

"C, c'était une enfant, elle ne savait pas mieux," She was a child, she didn't know any better, he says and I feel him put a hand on my shoulder. "Nous étions tous des enfants!" We were all children! I immediately shrug him off.

"C'était une vilaine enfant, maintenant arrête d'ajouter à mon mal de tête," She was a mean child, now stop adding to my headache. I hear him sigh before he gets off of my bed. I keep my eyes closed as he walks out the room and I listen to his steps as he walks down the hall.