Chapter 82.

Had to pull out some mad IT skills for wattpad to even let me post lol anyway...

Evie and her family won the trial as the jury came back with a guilty verdict. It didn't take long for the jury to come back with their verdict, but we weren't sure if they bought it was actually defamation. Luckily, they did.

Evie seemed to feel better as soon as we left Belgium and she could leave the whole thing behind her. She wouldn't have to come back if she didn't want to, and it was now going out into the press that the horrible things said about her childhood had been a lie from the very beginning. I was happy that she could walk away from it.

The first thing we had to do when we left Belgium was go to Monza for the Grand Prix. Max, Pierre and Charles had to leave before us to be there on time, but I stayed with Evie until the very end of the trial, then we went back home to pack together before we went to Monza. I left the crutches at home and packed clothes specifically to be able to hide the large, stupid knee pad. Max picked us up at the airport and I have never seen a happier hug between the two of them. They got to celebrate that it was over and it was so good to see.

Charles was obviously as busy as the two previous Monza weekends, but he met up with me in the lobby thinking he had to help me with my bags, but I could handle it myself considering I didn't have the crutches.

"Où sont vos béquilles?" Where are your crutches? he asked immediately.

"Chez moi, je n'en ai plus besoin," At home, I don't need them anymore, I told him but he still took my suitcase from me before kissing me before he furrowed his brows, focusing on the absence of my crutches. "Je dois commencer à marcher pour revenir à la normale," I have to start walking to get back to normal.

He didn't get the chance to argue against me before Evie came up to hug him. He congratulated both her and Max on the win, and then we went upstairs to the room. I unpacked and then we went to bed to watch a movie before falling asleep to be ready for the first day of one of the most important races for Ferrari.

I dressed in linen pants because they were wide and flowy. Charles and I arrived early to have breakfast before Charles got busy all day. Evie came in with Pierre shortly after that. She was smiling widely as she sat down next to me and wished Pierre good luck before he left. She seemed to be back to her normal sunshine self. She ordered two orange juices for us and when we got them she got a flask out of her purse.

"Where did you get that?" I asked, furrowing my brows as I watched her pour what looked like vodka into the glass. She scoffed as if I just asked the stupidest question ever.

"You just watched me pull it out of my purse," She replied before she grabbed my glass and poured some in mine. I was reaching my arm out to stop her, but she slapped my hand away. "We deserve some mimosas after all this," She shrugged.

I grabbed the flask and looked around to make sure there weren't any cameras around that could catch us looking like we're some addicts, and then I smelled it. It was definitely vodka, and absolutely not Prosecco.

"Babe, this is a screwdriver... not a mimosa," I told her, holding up the glass she had just filled with vodka. She took the opportunity to take her glass and put it to mine, and then she began blending it with her straw before taking a sip.

"Well... it can't be that much of a difference," She shrugged and I could watch her try to keep her facial expressions minimal, but she did not seem to like it. When I blended mine and took a sip, I understood how she didn't like it, because it was really strong and absolutely not that good. "We should relax... treat this like a vacation! You know... a vacation that people our age go on. They go out and they get drunk and they get a tan."