Chapter 25.

On Thursday I go with him to watch him do a challenge with Marcus. They're filming it for Youtube and it's quite hilarious to watch. Charles lies a lot and I call him out on it afterwards. Marcus was at least being honest. Charles sits through a media conference, he has individual interviews and they go to answer questions on a stage. At one point I get bored and go look for Evie and Isaak. I get to the garages and I head towards the Red Bull one when I run into Pierre.

"Have you seen Max anywhere?" He asks.

"I think he's over by the stage waiting for-" I point with my thumb over my shoulder, but Pierre won't let me speak before he starts walking the other direction than the one I had just pointed.

"Okay, thanks!" he yells over his shoulder as he walks away. I just stare after him for a moment. I didn't know he was that worried about Max.

I find Evie and Isaak in Max's hospitality and we all agree to go look for something to do rather than just sit around. I ask her about Pierre and she tells me he's very hyper-cautious about Max, just in case. Well... I've always known him to be a nutcase so...

We find Toto, who we've missed very dearly during the break. I'm not completely sure he's missed us as much during the break, but he smiles when we walk in and then he looks at Isaak. He looked like he expected one of us to introduce him as a new boyfriend but when Evie told him who he was he looked disappointed before politely greeting him. Poor thing thought we'd get boyfriends and finally leave him alone when he's working. Yeah... no.

On the Friday of free practice 1 and 2, I showed up just before the first one started. I didn't want to intrude on Evie and Isaak's quality time, so I just showed up to support Charles when I really had to. We did our handshake before he got into the car. I watched cameras walk around in and out of the garages, people wearing Netflix shirts. I knew Charles had said they wanted to interview him and he might get a bigger part in one of the episodes.

The day after the practice sessions, Saturday, Qualifying day, someone came up to me and shook my hand. He knew my name and asked me if he could speak with me for a moment. I was shocked but I agreed and we went over to Alfa Romeo's offices over on the paddock. He then sat me down and explained he wanted to have a smaller part about Jules in the show they were shooting. It would be in relation to Charles and he just wanted to see if I was okay with it. I told him it was fine and thought that would be it, but he asked me if I had some videos or pictures of him that they could use. Of course I had, but there are enough pictures on Google, is there not? When I told him I'd check he told me he wanted to discuss.

He asked me to be in it and talk about Jules.

I told him a stern no and even added a very stern "never going to happen."

I learnt that people will always try to make money off of me and my dead brother.

Charles qualified p16 and really wasn't happy to qualify that low in Monza of all places. I told him it didn't matter because they still have the race to get through. Charles disappeared during Saturday night. Evie, Isaak, some other drivers and I had agreed to drive into Milan to eat and just look at the city. I thought Charles would want to come. But he said he was busy and told me to go without him. The next day, Sunday, Race day, he came in with Lucie.

I guess she had landed Saturday night and that's why Charles was busy. He also didn't wake me up to ask me to come with him to the paddock. I woke up because Evie called me and was pissed that I hadn't come in at the same time as Charles had. She and Isaak were waiting for me. I got out of bed and put on something blue. It was very important that it was blue. I took my time, went downstairs to eat some breakfast, I took a walk to the track and I walked in through the crowded entrance. Because I couldn't let people think that if she's here then I'm not.