Chapter 49.

I was still boiling because I had a whole human wrapped around me. He was holding me from behind, his hands clasped together across my stomach. I don't want to wake him up, but his body heat is literally making me so warm I have to do something. My mouth is so dry, I have a throbbing headache and I'm feeling slightly nauseous. I carefully turn around so I am facing him and I take in the sight in front of me. His hair is disheveled and his cheeks are flushed red from his time in the sun. I reach my hand up to run my fingers through his hair, brushing it out of his face. When I move the hair out of his face, I see that the sun has caused freckles to begin forming on his forehead.

I don't think I've ever taken the time to look at him this closely before. Of course I've had my moments where my stares have lingered too long and of course I've found him attractive lately, but now I can see that Charles Leclerc is breathtakingly beautiful. Through my stares, I notice that he starts to shuffle awake. He lets out a big breath, blowing his morning breath in my face, but I just can't seem to mind. I plant a small kiss on his nose as his eyes begin to flutter open. When his eyes open fully, he makes eye contact with me and smiles wide.

Evie told me to find something else to think about when I start doubting. She suggested a moment, and I choose this moment to be it. This is what I need to go back to when I start overthinking and doubting, because this will make me fall right back into obsession.

"Bon matin, chéri," Good morning, darling he says with a rasp in his voice while removing his arms from around my waist and stretching his arms up above his head. Thank god, I really was boiling. While his arms are away, I roll over on to my back, but keeping my head facing towards him. "As-tu bien dormi?" How did you sleep? He asked while brushing hair out of my face.

"D'accord, tu es tellement chaleureux." Alright, you are just so hot. I immediately regret my word choice. I look up to him and see him smirking.

"Oh? Alors tu penses que je suis sexy?" Oh? So you think I'm hot? he ponders, the biggest smirk still plastered across his face.

"Ce n'est pas ce que je voulais dire et-" That is not what I meant and-, We are interrupted by Pascale calling Charles' name from downstairs. We hear steps coming up the stairs and we realize she's about to come in here. Fucking hell. I almost fall out of bed and get onto my feet, feeling my body protesting immediately. The first place I can think of to hide is his closet, so I dive in there just in time before Pascale opens the door without even knocking on it. I can see them through a small opening between the two doors.

"Maman, toc?" Mom, knock? he motions at the door. She scoffs and shakes her head.

"Je n'ai pas à frapper dans ma propre maison," I don't have to knock in my own house, she says, circulating her finger pointed at the ceiling. "Où est ton frère? et C? Lorenzo est là pour voir ton frère et je ne les trouve pas," Where's your brother? And C? Lorenzo is here to see your brother and I can't find them, she rolls her eyes as she seems frustrated about not being able to find us.

"Je ne sais pas? Peut-être font-ils l'une de leurs randonnées?" I don't know? Maybe they're on one of their hikes? he says. She gives him a tired look before walking out and closing his door behind her. I get out of his closet and stare at him with wide eyes.

"Qu'est ce que je vais faire? Pourquoi est-elle à la maison? C'est lundi!" What am I going to do? Why is she at home? It's Monday! I hiss at him as he gets out of bed. He shakes his head and he steps around me to the closet and he grabs a pair of his sweatpants and shoves them against my chest. I look at him with furrowed brows, because does he think they will fit?

"Monte sur le toit et je cours dans ta chambre et j'ouvre la fenêtre pour toi," Get on the roof and I'll run to your room and open the window for you.