Chapter 69.

"So, you're dancing with Céline Bianchi, and it's nothing new that she obviously gets a lot of attention. But how is that for you? Is it different from your previous dance partners?"

"Yeah, of course it's different, but I knew that before I decided to partner with her. What I didn't know was that it was going to be a lot of work. We have to work extra hard during weekdays because she's away on her boyfriend's races... or... boyfriend I don't know, maybe they're not together, but they spend a lot of time together and she travels a lot for his races which takes from practicing hours. So yes, there's extra work, but I'd say we've been able to make it work."

That was two minutes into his interview. He threw me under the bus, knowing I didn't want people to know about Charles and I. He knows we're together, but I also doubt he just let it slip. Every little part of me believes that he did that whole thing out of spite. It even sounded staged.

His interview was live, which means he came in knowing what he did. It has been out on the internet all day and we haven't been able to do anything about it until now. But the part that really got to me was how he walked in, acting like he just hadn't done the one thing I ever asked of him. Not only did he practically give it away that Charles and I are together, but he also made it seem like I'm the worst partner ever who doesn't respect practicing hours. I do respect them, I just also respect myself enough to have a personal life.

I just stared at the screen when Mia paused it. I didn't know how to react, I was just so angry. I wanted to yell at him, and I totally understood Max for yelling in his face because that's exactly what I want to do right now. Charles sighs, putting a hand on my thigh as Mia takes the laptop back.

"So, it has had all day to spread, and people are talking about it," Mia says, "the question is how you want to go forward."

"What are they saying?" I ask, looking at Charles' hand as his thumb moves up and down, but stopping when the question registers.

"Cece..." he says, but I shake my head. I need to know what they're saying. If it's too much of the bad then I don't want to go out there and admit it. I can't handle too much, but if it turns out more people have come around and it's not that bad, then maybe...

"I really advise you to stay off social media, Céline, reading comments is never good," Mia shakes her head and I shake mine right back.

"Then we need to get it off the internet, make him say that he was wrong, or I'll post it myself. I honestly don't care, just get it off," I say, standing up from the sofa.

"Céline-" Charles starts, "how urgent is it? We need to talk about this."

"You can do that and we can have a chat together tomorrow," Mia says, making Charles shoot up as well, following me as I head to my room. "But we have some more work to do about Elliòtt," She adds, looking at me and I give her a quick nod.

"Thank you Mia, I'll talk to you tomorrow," Charles says quickly before closing the door to my room, turning to me. I shake my head and cross my arms over my chest.

"Je ne veux pas le faire," I don't want to do it, I tell him

"Nous marchons à reculons, C..." We are walking backwards, he argues and I shrug as I get on my bed. If they're not telling me, that means it's bad and I don't want to get hated for being Charles' girlfriend on top of being bashed for not getting the win when so many people bet their money on me winning. They will use anything they can find against me and right now, it's pretty easy to find stuff. "C'est de plus en plus difficile à cacher, et je ne veux plus le faire." It's getting harder and harder to hide, and I don't want to do it anymore.