Chapter 54.

When we got back from Schweiz, Charles had one night home before he had to drive to France. I'd take a train down there after my dance practices on Friday, and therefore miss the two first practice sessions, but I can't miss more dance before the competition, even though it's mostly perfect.

I was back with Elliòtt on Tuesday and we had scheduled a coach to get everything perfect for every day of the week. I showed up, we practiced and we made sure everything was as perfect as it could be. The coach only had the minor, teeny tiny details at the end of the week. It was perfect, even for me being far less experienced in the latin dances than he was. Our coach believed in us and I believed in us, more than I had before.

I got my costume adjusted at Ms. Dupont, this one was red with an open back and it was covered with fringes. In the back and at the top of my chest it had some rhinestones and the straps were covered in shimmery rhinestones. It was gorgeous. She adjusted it as she asked about the wedding, telling me she found the blue dress left here and I told her I must've grabbed the wrong one. They cost the same, so it wasn't really an issue for any of us, but she apologized for not making sure for me. It ended up fine, at the end of the night I realized I hadn't even bothered.

Thursday was the two year anniversary of Hervé's passing. I made sure that Pascale was okay and I called both Charles and Arthur to make sure they were okay too. I saw them post on Instagram and I felt bad for not being there for them, but they were in different places and I didn't want to leave their mother alone. So I went with her to his grave to light candles and leave flowers.

Thursday night, I packed my suitcase and prepared everything so I'd be able to just go home to shower and grab my suitcase before getting on the train. Friday morning I do my regular thing, going for a run, drinking my smoothie before heading to the dance studio. We practice some technique as well, just in general to really get everything for the day. Then after practice I go home, shower and then Pascale drives me to the train station. The train ride takes about three hours and since Charles is busy, Evie made sure that she and Pierre and Charles' childhood friend, Anthoine could pick me up.

They meet me on the platform and I kiss next to her cheeks as I hug her. She seems to be getting the hang of it, even if she seemed utterly confused the first time I kissed her cheeks. I remember thinking it was a normal greeting, but she just seemed confused as to what was happening. Now she's used to it.

Anthoine and I had met a few times when we were younger when he'd race with Pierre and Charles,

especially during the time when Pierre and Charles were teammates. Those were some damn scary times. But I hadn't seen him since I came back. He looked so much like himself though, and he smiled as he came up to greet me.

"Comment vas-tu? Je ne t'ai pas vu depuis des années," How are you? I haven't seen you for years, I say as I kiss his cheeks.

"Je vais bien, comment vas-tu? J'ai entendu que tu étais revenu mais je n'ai pas eu la chance de te voir," I'm good, how are you? I heard you came back but I didn't get a chance to see you, he says as he takes my suitcase. Apart from Pierre, Anthoine is a gentleman.

We continue the conversation in English to involve Evie as Anthoine drives us to the track. There's a large hotel next to the Paul Ricard that we're staying at. It's horribly fucking expensive, but I guess they can afford that with their million dollar contracts. It's the kind of place where I feel guilty for traveling with my hair in a bun and with yoga pants, because now I have to walk in where people are sitting in their thousand dollar Prada hats.

To my rescue, however, comes Charles just from the paddock. He has Mia, his photographer, his performance coach and of course Nicolas, his manager, following right behind him. Anthoine hands his car key to the valet and Charles grabs my bag for me. There are some fans by the gate to the hotel so he just hugs me before he motions me inside the hotel, where there's more fans who happen to stay at the hotel and are waiting to get his autograph.