Chapter 73.

So, when Charles came downstairs with two large suitcases and told his mother that we're staying with Evie and Max, she laughed. However, the laughing stopped when he told her that we're moving out. It became silent within a second, and then came a quick

"Non," before she picked up her magazine to continue reading. Charles tried to argue with her to make her understand that he was serious and we had serious plans on moving in together, but she stayed silent and just shook her head. So we left for Max and Evie's place without her saying another thing to us, which made me feel a little bad about it.

Evie prepared the guest room for us, and we stayed there until New Years without Max even really noticing. He'd wake up in the morning, come downstairs where the rest of us were eating breakfast and silently sit down to eat with us, and by the time he was awake enough to even comprehend his surroundings, we had gone to the gym, or hidden away in one of the bedrooms to play our stupid little game.

Charles and Pierre started coming with us to the gym, obviously doing different programs, but they still managed to distract and do some clown acts while we were there. Then while we were dancing, they went back to do something else. I made sure to cook dinner while staying there, so the morning of New Year's Eve, when I was standing in the kitchen eating a piece of bacon while thinking about what dessert I was going to make for the evening, and Max walked in and said:

"When did you get here?" It did come quite as a shock to me, because at that point we had been there for almost four days.

"December 28th," I replied slowly, hoping it would bring back his memory, but he just stared at me and then down at the eggs I was frying. "Charles and I are staying in your guest room, and I cook you breakfast as rent."

"Why? Did your house burn down or something? What am I missing?" He asked as he grabbed a plate and put some bacon on it, then some of the fruit I had sliced up. I chuckle and shake my head, because either he doesn't listen to Evie, or she just hasn't told him.

"No... while we're looking for an apartment," I replied, "We're moving in together."

Max stops and then he puts the plate down on the island as he continues to stare at me for a moment. Right then, Pierre walks into the room, immediately grabbing a plate and excitedly starts loading with breakfast. Then he looks up and sees the way Max is staring at me and his shoulders fall.

"C... what did you say to him?" he asked with disappointment.

"I just told him that Charles and I are moving in together," I replied with a shrug, turning the stove off and putting the eggs aside. But when I look up, Pierre's jaw has fallen and he's staring at me the same way Max is. "You guys seriously didn't know this? He didn't tell you?"

"No?!" Pierre exclaimed, shaking his head. Oh god, is Charles not serious about us moving? Maybe he realized that it's too quick of a decision and we're going back home when he's not as sick of his mother's rules. "You're moving in together? Like without Arthur and Pascale?"

"I mean... I-" I start, because what do I say? I can't tell them that we are and then we end up not doing it? We haven't really talked that much about it since we left the house, and I haven't been thinking too much about it as I'm too scared that I'll start to overthink it and I just really want to make it work with Charles without any more road bumps.

"When did you decide this?" Max asked, "You've been here since the 28th?" he added, furrowing his brows and then he looked at Pierre who shook his head while rolling his eyes.

"On the 28th, that's why we've been here," I told him.

"Why aren't you staying at your own house until you move out?" Pierre asked, "I know you've been here, but I just thought you wanted a sleepover or something. I was just glad you didn't kick me out of Evie's bed."