Chapter 41.

I completely ignore the fact that Charles told me he wanted this time to talk. I want this time to be with him alone. I want to spend time with him alone and I want to be just him and I, just to see what it's like. That's what we're supposed to do here. We're supposed to be us, without hiding from others being a distraction.

We stand up and he looks down at me. I let my hands go onto his waist and slide around him. He puts his arms over my shoulders and starts walking backwards, pulling me with him. I laugh at the way we waddle out of the bathroom and towards the bedroom. He walks us up to his side of the bed and grabs my arms to unlatch them from him before pushing me down, so I fall with my back onto the mattress as he stands in front of me. He looks down at me while smiling and I just stare back.

There's something about the warm light from the bedside lamp shining across his face, the way his hair is a mess, and the black t-shirt he's changed into that I had been too busy to even notice. He was also out of the pants he wore earlier and into a pair of red plaid pajama pants. I had been too busy to even think about how he looked. I was still in the same clothes as we went out in and I kind of became desperate to change into my own pajamas. I sit up on the bed, because I'm about to go change, but he stays in front of me and as soon as I sit up he leans down and lets his lips fall between mine. I was tense at first but quickly relaxed. He separates from my lips and I take the moment to speak.

"Je suis-" I am- he puts his lips back on mine before lifting his head up again. "changera-" changing- I continue before he kisses me again, "au pyjama," to pajamas.

"D'accord," Alright, he says with a smile, his hands holding my face still, not letting go even though I told him I was going to change. He kisses me again, then lifts his head, then kisses me again. He repeats the same thing a few times before I start laughing at him, pushing him away from me. He reluctantly lets me go and I stand up, going over to the mess on the floor on my side of the bed. He sits on the bed and watches me as I pick my pajama pants and a tank top from the floor.

"Ne me regarde pas," Don't look at me, I order, as he's literally staring at me from the other side of the bed, a stupid grin on his face. When I think about it, I'm pretty sure I'm smiling too, without even noticing that I'm doing it. He sighs, grunts and then turns his back to me as I change into my pajamas. When I've changed, I climb onto the bed and crawl over to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders from behind.

"Puis-je te regarder maintenant?" Can I look at you now? he asks. Just to mess with him, I put my hands over his eyes.

"Non," I tell him, "Pourquoi me regarderais-tu?" Why would you look at me?

"C'est difficile de ne pas," It's hard not to, he says, his voice sounding a little funny as he leans his head back onto my shoulder so he's looking up at the ceiling. Well, except he can't see.

"Pourquoi est-ce difficile?" Why is that hard? I laugh at how it sounds quite ridiculous. He grabs my wrists and lifts my hands from his eyes before turning his head a little. I feel his nose graze on my cheek as he turns his head on my shoulder. He places a kiss on my cheek and I grab my elbows as I hug him tightly over his shoulders. He lifts his head from my shoulder and tries to turn to face me, but my arms are too tight around him, so he grabs them and frees himself from my hold.

"Parce que..." Because, he starts as he shifts on the bed, turning to face me, looking me in the eyes with the same smile on his lips, "Quand je te regarde, je me souviens que tu as le béguin pour moi," When I look at you, I remember you have a crush on me, he says with a smug smirk. It makes me cringe that he actually knows, so I just grimace and push away from him, but he holds onto my arms and keeps me to him, kissing me again.