Chapter 83.

Hello! I'd just like to say that I appreciate hearing all your opinions. Since I want it to be more of a story that shows their lives, I get that it might be boring at some parts. But it's still important to me that you can find it somewhat entertaining, so I would love some feedback on what you'd like to read. If you have anything you want to read more of, read less of, have something you think could fit the story or something you think I should completely stay away from (don't worry, they're not going to have a baby to stay together... or anytime soon for that matter, for all you accidental pregnancy troupe haters lol) 

Even though I have a plan for the story, I can make changes in some details and so on if I realize most of you guys want one thing over the other. I might ask some questions when I'm not sure what way to go with something, if that's okay with you lol it might ruin the experience I don't know. 

Anyways... enjoy this chapter that might be a little longer than necessary. 

"C'est comme si je ne t'avais pas vu depuis une éternité," It feels like I haven't seen you in forever, Charles said when he lifted me off my feet, squeezing me so close to him it nearly knocked the air out of me.

"Cela ne fait qu'un mois," It's barely been a month, I laughed over his shoulder before he let me down so that he could kiss me repeatedly. He held my face while smiling and then he kissed me again. I basically had to push him off me so that we could get out of the airport.

Pierre was there as well, picking Evie up. We would see them the day after so I just waved to them from a distance before we walked out to Charles' car and we started driving home to Monaco. Charles kept whining about how bored he was when I wasn't there with him, even though when I'm actually with him at races he's always busy. He just liked having me there before and after the paddock, and during the difficult times like after a mistake.

Knowing him, I don't think he tried to make me feel bad for not going to as many races anymore, but it did make me feel bad. Especially knowing the kind of conversation I would need to have with him in a few days. I didn't want to ruin the celebrations, so I had planned to talk to him about it after Arthur's race weekend in Monza. We would need to go on a long drive back to Maranello after Arthur's race, so I'd have a perfect amount of time to talk to him then.

Charles carried my large suitcase from the car and up to our apartment. I had missed it so much, the comfort of our home. As soon as I turned the corner to our door, I saw someone outside our door. No, actually two people, sitting in front of our door having a conversation with their backs to the door. Alex and Lando went quiet and looked over at us when we turned the corner.

"Ooooh..." Alex said, motioning at the two of us, "he said he's going to the airport," he added like a realization. The both of them stood up and I just stopped in the middle of the hallway, largely confused about why they were at our door. They don't even live in our building.

"We thought you were just avoiding us," Lando said to Charles, who unlocked the door and stepped inside the apartment with my suitcase without even acknowledging Alex and Lando with more than a chuckle and a headshake.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, slowly approaching my own apartment.

"So... we were playing a game and we were winning, but Charles just said something and turned it off and we couldn't continue without him, but we thought he was just avoiding us... so we came here to put him back at the game," Alex explained while I kicked off my shoes. I just laughed and shook my head before walking inside, leaving the door open. They were still standing outside, just looking inside the apartment without actually stepping inside.