Chapter 79.

"Il est peut-être temps d'obtenir votre propre licence," Maybe it's time to get your own license, Charles shrugged when I talked about booking a taxi to pick Evie and I up at the airport in Canada on Friday.

"Comment cela m'aiderait-il au Canada, ce n'est pas comme si je pouvais apporter une voiture dans mon sac," How would this help me in Canada it's not like I can bring a car in my bag, I argued, giving him a tired look. "Je n'ai pas besoin de conduire, mes seuls amis conduisent pour le travail," I don't need to drive, my only friends drive for a living.

"Pas Evie," Not Evie, he said, acting like he was really proud of poking a hole in my argument. I rolled my eyes and took the dirty laundry with me towards the laundry room. He rolled out of bed and immediately followed me. "Si tu obtenu votre licence, tu n'as pas à marcher jusqu'au studio tous les jours," If you get your license, you don't have to walk to the studio every day, he argued while leaning his shoulder onto the doorframe.

"C'est à cinq minutes à pied, pourquoi devrais-je conduire de toute façon?" It's a five minute walk, why should I drive anyway? I asked, loading the washer with clothes.

"Tu pourrai rendre visite à ta grand-mère à Nice," You could visit your grandmother in Nice, he tried and I furrowed my brows. She barely remembers who I am. If I went to the home to visit her then she would think she was being robbed.

"À quand remonte la dernière fois que j'ai rendu visite à ma grand-mère?" When was the last time I visited my grandmother? I asked, earning a sigh of defeat from Charles.

"Tu peux louer des voitures et conduire toi-même lorsque tu voyages," You can rent cars and drive yourself when traveling, he tried one final time. I stood up straight and began starting the washer, but Charles stepped closer, because he knows I have a harder time saying no to him when he gets closer to me.

"Je voyage la plupart du temps avec toi, et il est hors de question que tu me laisses conduire une de ces voitures Ferrari," I mostly travel with you, and there's no way you're letting me drive one of those Ferrari cars, I tell him as I press the start button and turn to him.

Charles seemed to think about it, then he tilted his head to each side as if he partially agreed. I chuckled and walked past him back towards the bedroom. He grunted and followed me back to the bedroom. He wraps his arms around me from behind and he falls over so he lands on top of me on the bed.

"Je pourrais tu aider à t'entraîner sur l'une des pistes!" I could help you practice on one of the tracks! He says as I try to get back out from under him. He finally rolls off and I glare at him for nearly suffocating me.

I scoffed as a response and just pushed him off the bed, hearing him land with a grunt and a thud. It was great payback, and it made him shut up.

At the end of May, Evie and I had attended our first big competition for points. The contestants with the least points from each category are not coming back to compete for more points. Luckily, I wasn't one of those people. For my solo, I didn't score a podium, but I wasn't last. Evie and I got third place for our duo, which was good, but it wasn't where we wanted to be. So we practiced harder with the help of Lawrence, and I practiced my solo with Anna.

However, we flew to Canada for the race. Mainly because Evie's birthday was on Saturday, the day of qualifying, and all of our friends are there. It's not like she's going to celebrate alone. Evie's mother was also going to Canada to be with her daughter on her birthday so that she could see both of her kids. So we went to Canada on Friday morning, arriving there in the afternoon, just missing the first two practice sessions, but arriving just in time for the guys to be back from the paddock.