Chapter 78.

Monaco last year didn't exactly go Charles' way. He ended up being so disappointed, but this year he had good hopes. You can't have three bad years in a row, right?

The week was packed. My parents flew down to watch Charles race. I had asked them to stay with us in the apartment, but they wanted to stay with Pascale, because Pascale Gasly was staying there. Sophie, Max and Evie's mom, stayed in their guest room. We thought that meant we weren't going to have any guests during the weekend. Charles' aunt and her husband were coming to the race, and since it was pretty crowded at the house, they stayed with us.

Though, they weren't really at the apartment during the days. They went to the house to spend time with Pascale while Charles and I had our other things. I practiced, both my solo and with Evie, and we went to the gym together like normal. But then came Thursday, which was their media day. It was the day before the race weekend and you could really tell that people were getting excited. There were so many famous people in such a small place. Better not wear your sunglasses, because someone will assume you're famous and take pictures just in case.

Charles was incredibly busy. He did an interview and a quick photoshoot on his boat, rushed back to the apartment to pick me up, and we had to attend a dinner for one of his sponsors. People talked to him all night, and at first I thought it was going to be awkward, because I would just stand to the side, but people talked as much to me, asking about the cars as if I would know them equally as well. I could talk about the rules of the sport and some about strategies, but when it came to the motors and such, I had no clue.

Friday was the first day of the race weekend. I did my makeup and got dressed in the outfit Dior had sent me. I had gotten a nice white corset top with a blue pattern on it. The straps were a bit wider, and I matched the top with light washed jeans. I put on white shoes and got a white Dior purse they had sent me. I left my hair out and we went downstairs and got into the car to get to the paddock.

Charles was excited, smiling the whole time as people waved from the sides of the streets. His face was on different billboards and he was positive that it would go his way this year. We were stopped at a red light right in front of a big billboard with his face on it, so I filmed a video of him looking at himself and posted it on Instagram.

At the paddock it got crazy. People were shouting and screaming for him like crazy and I tried my best to help him out to sign as much as possible. I heard people talking to me too, but I focused a little more on helping him, and then we made it inside the paddock where the endless clicking of cameras went off. They asked him about the weekend and he kept giving thumbs up as his answers. People greeted him happily as he walked in, because everyone knows how special this race is to him and I think most of us are praying he gets a good race.

Evie came in with Pierre, Max and her mother. Even though I've been back in Monaco for two years, meeting Evie regularly, I haven't actually met her mother when she's been here. When I saw them walk in, Charles was already busy preparing for the practice session, so I went over to them. Sophie saw me and her eyes widened before she smiled widely.

"Céline!" she exclaimed as she pulled me into a tight hug, "It's been at least five or six years since I saw you last!"

"We keep missing each other," I laughed over her shoulder before she pulled me back to get a good look at me. She looked to be aging better than wine.

Evie and I kept Sophie company until all of the other moms came in. I hadn't really had the chance to meet my parents when they got to Monaco, so it was the first time seeing them since they arrived. My parents hugged me tightly, asking me if it was stressful. Pierre's mother also hugged me, since he hadn't seen me in nearly a year.