Chapter 44.

We absolutely did not get any packing done, or cleaning for that matter. We kissed in bed until we fell asleep with our clothes on. My cardigan was eating me alive when I woke up. Usually, I don't want to wake Charles, but I was dying. I sat up and struggled to get it off, accidentally elbowing Charles in the forehead as I tried to get it off my arms. I throw it onto the floor and consider just throwing myself in the canal outside to cool off.

Cuddling all night in the summer is just not as great as I thought it was.

We wake up a little while still laying in bed, and then we get up to pack. I took a shower, because I was feeling disgusting with all that sweat on me. Charles showered after me while I got ready, but I was feeling terribly tired. Maybe I did have too much wine the night before and now I'm just paying the price. My body was protesting against everything I did, when I got ready, when I packed, when I went out to clean up the last things in the kitchen.

"Ça va?" You okay? Pierre asks when he walks into the kitchen and sees me wiping down the counter with a pained expression on my face, because I was in pain, because that's how uncomfortable my body was.

"J'ai bu trop de vin," I had too much wine, I tell him. He laughs as he walks up to me, pushing me away as he grabs the dishcloth from me and starts to wipe the rest of the counter.

"Allez vous allonger, Charles et moi pouvons nettoyer," Go lay down, Charles and I can clean up, he says as he still snickers. He's laughing about my pain, that little fucker, but at least he's helping me out. So I just put a hand on his arm as I pass as a way to tell him thanks, and then I walk right back into the bedroom and lay down. I just feel my body wanting to die right then and there. I might be exaggerating, but my whole body was aching.

We packed everything onto a boat and then we struggled out of the apartment. We gave the keys back to the owners and then we packed our bags into the car. Pierre offered me to sit in the front with Charles, but I told him I wanted to be in the back where I could sleep and where their talking wouldn't be as loud. Pierre thought I was messing with him, turning down the one time he's willing to let me sit in the front, but I just wanted to put my head against the window and sleep the entire 6 hour drive back to Monaco.

Evie and I sit in the back, she looks a bit hungover so I guess it actually is the wine. We have our legs on the seat over at each other's sides and we start reading to pretend like we don't want to die. We order Charles to play our music and then we read until we stop for drinks and food. I barely get anything down, but I buy a lot of drinks to have in the car. I also buy some painkillers so I won't feel like I'm in hell all the way home.

When we've eaten and I've gotten some drinks down along with the painkiller, I lay with my pillow against the window and I listen to the music along with the voices of Charles and Pierre talking to each other. They've gone over to talk about the race so I don't find it that interesting, but I can hear their voices slowly fade away as I fall asleep.

I wake up a few hours later, and I feel even worse. I feel every single movement the car makes all through my body, especially in my stomach. I barely want to open my eyes because I don't want to handle the bright light from the sun shining outside. My body breaks out into cold sweat and as I continue to wake up, I begin shaking. Is it cold? I guess they have the AC on because it's hot outside and I guess they're hot.

Finally, I force my eyes open and I feel the uncomfortable feeling in my body get stronger. Charles makes a turn and oh, my stomach is turning in my body. I'm drowning in cold sweat and I suddenly find it harder to breathe. I turn my head to see Evie on the other side of the car. She turns her head to me with a smile that quickly vanishes.