Chapter 40

I'm woken up by four little kids invading my bed, throwing themselves on top of me. I try to wake myself up and understand what's going on. They're all still in pajamas, so I guess it's early since they haven't changed into other clothes yet. I can also see on the light in the room that the sun probably hasn't been up for long. I look over to the door and see Charles with a smug smile on his face.

"Vous partez déjà?" Are you leaving already? Cyril's oldest daughter, Camille, asks me. I nod slowly as I sit up on the bed, still trying to simply wake my mind up.

"Je, je pars avec Charles, Evie et ton oncle en vacances," I am, I'm going with Charles, Evie and your uncle on vacation, I tell them before listening to all their protests as they tell me they want me to stay. Eventually I get out from under all the children and Charles laughs at me as he had been the one to send all of them into the room.

"Êtes-vous fatigué?" Are you tired? he asks with a light chuckle. He walks into the room as soon as he's made sure the kids are out of the house, and he closes the door behind him. I throw my legs over the edge of the bed, taking deep breaths as I really try to gather the energy to stand up to get dressed.

"Charles," I say, my morning voice is nothing but a whisper. "Je suis anxieux," I'm anxious, I feel like I should be honest and just inform him of my feelings about this. He can only help me soothe those worries if he knows they're there and he can only know if I tell him. He walks over to the bed, standing in front of me where he looks down at me, sitting on the bed.

"Pourquoi?" Why?

"Je ne veux pas être totalement critiqué sur Internet pour être allé dans l'une des villes les plus romantiques avec vous et nos amis qui se trouvent être en couple," I don't want to be totally bashed on the internet for going to one of the most romantic cities with you and our friends who happen to be in a relationship.

He blinks at me and then he reaches out to me, grabbing my hand. He sighs and I watch a careful smile grow on his lips. I nearly begin to frown when he looks at me like that because I worry I'm hurting his feelings by not being all the way excited about this.

"C'est bon, restons à un rythme avec lequel vous êtes à l'aise," That's okay, let's stay with a pace you're comfortable with, he says softly, squatting down in front of me, "Si vous pensez que je suis trop proche ou quoi que ce soit, dites-moi," If you think I'm too close or anything, tell me.

I smile and nod slowly. I take a deep breath and I look at his lips that he just wet with his tongue. He kisses my hand softly and I chuckle before getting out of bed, watching Charles sneak out. I get dressed, brush my teeth and pack the last of my stuff for the trip. Charles comes into my room again and tells me that he's ready when I am and that he was going over to get Evie and Pierre. So I snuck across the hall and into Arthur's room.

He was sleeping on his stomach and he had put a shirt over his head to protect him from the light in the morning. The sun was beginning to warm up his room from the little sun shining through his window. I threw myself on top of him to wake him up and he grunted as I landed on him with a huff. He takes the shirt off to look at me and I smile widely.

"Nous partons bientôt," We're leaving soon, I tell him and he puts his head down on the pillow with a sigh.

"Dieu merci," Thank god, he says and my jaw falls open and I hit the back of his head as he snickers to himself. "Je plaisante, maintenant va avec le couple à Venise," Just kidding, now go with the couple to Venice.

"Pourquoi fais-tu semblant de vouloir qu'on parte?" Why are you pretending you want us to leave? I ask, laughing while I get off of him and just stare at him from the side of the bed. He scoffs and shakes his head.