Chapter 22.

We've gotten so used to the boys running in and out of this room in the mornings that it totally catches us off-guard when Pascale is the one to rush into the room on Saturday morning. I wake up from her barging through the door, but she sits down on my side of the bed and puts a hand on my shoulder as if to wake me up gently, even though she just made the loudest entrance ever.

"Girls, I need you to wake up, I made an appointment," She says, reaching over to nudge Evie too. She turns and looks around confused, probably shocked about the boys not jumping onto the bed. Then we both look at her, confused, because what fucking appointment?

"Quoi?" What? I ask her, trying to wake my brain up to understand what she's saying.

"I called the place where I get all my dresses and told them we were coming at 10," she says, ripping the blanket off us both. She goes to open the curtains and let the sun shine in on us and I still feel confused, until I remember what I agreed to yesterday.

"How do you even know we're going?" Evie asks as she sits up, moving some hair out of her face. I don't remember telling her and I don't remember Charles stopping to tell her that we're going with them. She smiles at us and I start to worry she's bugged our phones.

"My youngest son likes to report back to me," she says, putting a hand on her chest as if Arthur is the sweetest boy on earth. Arthur is in big trouble now because something tells me he didn't just casually mention it just because.

"Your youngest son is a menace," I sigh as I stand up from the bed. She walks over to me, laughing as she grabs my face and kisses next to my cheeks a bunch of times.

"Ils s'occupent juste des plus jeunes," They just take care of the youngest one, she says as she laughs. She knows I hate being reminded of the few hours Arthur spent in this world without me. I might be the youngest out of the five of us, whatever group of five you may talk about, but I'd beat Arthur in maturity any day.

"Arthur n'a que seize heures de plus, ce n'est rien," Arthur is only sixteen hours older than me, that's nothing, I say and roll my eyes.

"Tout pour lui," Everything to him, she says and I dismiss her with the wave of my hand, walking over to the wardrobe to get dressed.

Pascale walks out of the room and I translate the last conversation to Evie, who laughs at the bullying I have to deal with because of those 16 hours. We both get dressed, but skip makeup before we go downstairs to Pascale. The house is too quiet to feel real. It hasn't been quiet here since Evie got here and now it just feels weird whenever there's no noise coming from either side of the house. We get into the car and she drives us to the shop she was talking about. It has long, beautiful dresses on display in the window and the lady inside smiles as Pascale walks in. They seem to be good friends.

She introduces me by telling the lady that I'm my mother's daughter and she tells me she's heard a lot about me, though I'm not sure what that might be, since I don't remember having met her. Pascale then introduces Evie and she knows her because of her brother, which is quite understandable. It's not exactly a usual last name.

We begin to look for dresses and Pascale picks out a bunch of dresses she wants us to try. She asks the lady to show us all the red dresses and she tells us we need to be on theme with the red. If we're going to a Ferrari event then we should be wearing red.

I've also read somewhere that the color is used for a lot of persuasion, which sounds like fitting considering that's what I'll be there to do.

They make us try on a bunch of different dresses, Pascale takes pictures of them all and says she's sending them to my mother. I just know she'll call me as soon as we get back to tell me that they were pretty. She'll ask me which one I got and tell me which one I should've got.