Chapter 84.

Arthur and Evie were gone for a moment, but when they came back he looked to be feeling a little bit better. He seemed tired but he could stand by himself and wasn't slurring on his words as much as he had been before that. Evie saw me and then looked around for Charles, but he was still nowhere to be found. I was basically hiding in a corner so that no one would ask me.

"Where's Charles? Did you tell him?" She asked when she came up to me, leaving Arthur to talk to one of his FRECA friends.

"I told him," I nodded.

"And how did it go?"

"As you'd expect. He won't see me because I'll be moving out and to a different continent to dance with a guy... he's not happy that I kept it from him either," I shook my head. I had spent the entire time overthinking, wishing I had told him sooner, would've had something to say, and I was worrying. It's not just one of those stupid little things that make you think 'we're not going to break up because of a little thing like that' because it's not really a little thing. I'll spend most of my time in LA, and he'll be flying all around the world, and we won't see each other as often. "Evie, I'm not moving if it means I lose him," I stated, the lump in my throat restricting my voice.

"Stop, you're not going to lose him... and he should be supporting you and your career," Evie replied, still looking around the room. "I can't find Pierre, and I'm just hoping Charles doesn't talk to him, because I haven't told Pierre or Max yet either."

"I didn't say anything about you coming with me, it's fine," I shook my head while looking through my purse. I got the little bottle out and I unscrewed it. I made Evie cover me from other people and I downed the contents of it, then another one. "My goal is to forget that this night even happened," I said and started to leave my corner of the room.

I looked around me, trying to find Charles, or Arthur, or just anyone I knew. I needed a distraction, and my mother coming towards me was not the one that I wanted. She smiled and I could see Arthur tail after her. She took me with her before she told me what she took me with her for.

"Il est temps de souffler les bougies," It's time to blow out the candles, she told me when she placed me at a long table.

We stood there and people gathered around us as the large cake was being carried in with forty candles on it, and placed in front of us on the table, while everyone was singing. I kept looking around trying to find Charles. I could see everyone else, Lewis, Daniel, Evie, Isa, Carlos and everyone else from the paddock, and he wasn't with them.

"Où est Charles?" Where is Charles? Pascale asked, holding up a camera to take a picture. She looked at me, seeming to have asked me specifically. I looked around, hoping he would just magically show up .

"Je ne sais pas," I don't know, I started as I turned back to the cake. I was getting ready to blow the candles out, because the quicker that's done the quicker I can get out of there.

"Attendez, je veux une photo de vous trois avant de couper le gâteau," Wait, I want a picture of you three before cutting the cake, Pascale said, looking around after her other son. I wasn't sure he was even going to come back, he might've left.

"Je pense qu'il-" I think he-

"Je suis là," I'm here. Charles popped up behind me, putting a hand on my back immediately. When I looked at him he was already smiling for the camera, but I couldn't believe that he would just drop it.

I looked up at the camera and smiled as well, letting people take their photos. Charles took a step back when Arthur and I were going to blow out the candles, and we were told to wish for something. I already knew what I was going to wish for and I closed my eyes before I started blowing as many candles out as I could before Arthur could start, considering everything should be a contest.