Chapter 77.

After Spain, I got to take Charles with me home, as there were two weeks until the next race and that race was in Monaco, meaning I got him home for, give or take, three weeks. There were some short trips to Maranello that I didn't mind joining him on, but mostly he could use his simulator at home.

I asked his dietitian for his diet plan so that I could make sure he's eating correctly. I prepared meals and put them in the fridge for the week so that Charles could just grab one while I was at practice. I let him sleep in for once, got up and went to practice. When I got home he had just got back from the gym. Andrea and Joris were there and when I sliced them some fruit to eat they made fun of me for mothering Charles.

One morning he dragged me out of bed for a morning hike with Andrea. Evie and I had a gym session planned for that day, so we went to the gym at the same time as Pierre and Charles. Evie and I did our thing, and sometimes we'd look over and see them messing around between sets. I think both Evie and I felt really lucky looking over at them.

"Is it a year of you and Charles yet?" She asked as she was waiting for me to finish on the leg press. I finished my last rep and let out a breath as I shook my head and got off so that Evie could have her turn.

"I don't know, I'm not sure of the date," I replied.

"You could look it up, it was after the Spanish Grand Prix," She said as she got seated.

"I don't remember how many days after the Spanish Grand Prix, I know we went to Alassio but I don't know what day and when we actually kissed."

"We went on Monday," She said before she started. I took my phone out and looked at the calendar, going back a year and looking at the dates. Monday was the thirteenth, and Tuesday the fourteenth. I looked at the date and it said Wednesday the thirteenth.

"It's tomorrow, then," I said to Evie who grunted a little as she was in the middle of a set. She looked at me and nodded and I let her finish the set.

"Are you going to do something? A dinner?" She asked and I shrugged. It's not like I was aware before a few seconds ago and I doubt that Charles knows it's a year ago. I don't even know if it's one of those things you should celebrate. You celebrate anniversaries, and I don't think first kiss anniversaries are actual things.

"Did you know C prepares meals for Charles," Pierre said to Evie as he showed up behind her. Charles came up next to me, putting a hand on my waist. She replied with a scoff before using the back of her hand to slap whatever part of him she could reach from where she was sitting. She managed to hit his jewels and that huff he let out was rather satisfying.

"That's because she's too good, and Charles isn't a manwhore," she replied as she got off the machine. She looked at Charles as she grabbed her water bottle. "Are you doing something tomorrow?"

"Don't you have practice? I was thinking of just going to the gym and-" he started, but when he met eyes with Evie, his face fell and he looked at me quickly before turning back to her, "What? what's tomorrow?"

"May the 14th," Evie said as if it was going to fall into place.

"A Thursday, so you can go to the gym," I chimed in before Evie could continue. Charles looked at me again and then turned back to Evie, still wanting to hear what's with May the 14th.

"Oh... forgetting anniversaries Charlie... the worst thing you can do," Pierre said as he shook his head at his friend. Charles looked terrified as he waited for Evie to tell him what's going on. He still held me close but he didn't ask me, because he knew I probably wouldn't tell him.

"Our anniversary is June 23rd," Charles muttered, looking up at Pierre. I also looked at Pierre and he widened his eyes at the same time as I did. I think Pierre was surprised that Charles knew, but I was just surprised our anniversary is on June 23rd, because I didn't know that. I know it was race day in France, but I have no clue what date it was, I'd probably have to look it up.