Chapter 56.

"Ils ne sont pas fous!" They are not crazy! Charles laughs, "C'est un t-shirt blanc," It's a regular white t-shirt.

"Il y a le logo Ferrari dessus!" There's the Ferrari logo on it! I argue, motioning at the clear, yellow mark on my chest, when I look back into the mirror at the shirt I'm wearing, I see the mark on the arm, "Avec ton numéro dessus," With your number on it, I add, turning around to face him, as he has been standing behind me in the mirror as I've been trying to figure out what to wear.

It's disgustingly hot out today, and I've been trying to figure out what to wear to not sweat my tits off but something that's also stylish. I was doing my makeup in a pair of washed out black jean shorts and just my bra on when Charles came in with the white Ferrari t-shirt I am now wearing, saying I could wear it to be comfortable and stylish. I had only agreed on putting it on because it's nice to be in big, baggy clothes when it's hot out.

But then I remembered that wearing his clothes might send the wrong message, especially when we Pierre and Max just made the rumors die down. I don't feel like blowing them up again, especially not when Charles is going to confirm his breakup later tonight.

"C'est super, donc tout le monde sait que tu es là pour me soutenir," It's great, so everyone knows you're here to support me, Charles shrugs with a smug smile going up his lips.

"Les autres filles portent toutes ces marques fantaisistes dont les fans parlent plus tard sur Instagram," The other girls are wearing all those fancy brands that fans later talk about on Instagram, I say while tilting my head back, while he's dipping his head down to kiss me, and I try to keep our lips separated for long enough to get the sentence out, and I just barely made it before he had his lips on mine. When he lifts his head and tuts his tongue a little while shaking his head.

"Les autres filles," The other girls, he mocks, "Depuis quand tu t'en fous?" Since when do you care? He asks, and I just shrug. I haven't really cared, ever, since I haven't been paying attention to the other girls there. The wags were there and I would see them around, but now I watch them at the paddock and I see the way they dress, the way they act and I watch what they're doing, and maybe I'm supposed to be doing it like them, not to fit in, but to not embarrass Charles.

Of course, a shirt that he wants me to wear won't embarrass him, but Evie and I haven't really been the most well behaved people on the paddock. I was his childhood friend, Evie is Max's sister, we were meant to be pain in the asses. But those girlfriends aren't pain in the asses, they're supposed to be there to support the boys, and not make their lives a lot harder. I have been pretty well behaved lately, if I get to say so myself, but do I have to be like this all the time? What is Charles even expecting of me at this point?

"Je dis juste qu'ils ont l'air un peu plus classe," I'm just saying they look a little classier, I say with a shrug and he immediately gasps and acts all offended.

"Êtes-vous en train de me dire que cette chemise n'est pas assez classe?" Are you telling me this shirt isn't classy enough? he asks, grabbing the side of the shirt and pulling me closer to him while I bend my back trying to create more distance but I can't keep the smile off my lips.

"Je dis que les gens sauront que c'est à toi," I'm saying people will know it's yours, I say as he lets go of the shirt on one side so he can put it on the small of my back to push me to him. He's in a pair of black jeans and his Ferrari shirt is thrown over his shoulder and I never want him to put it on.

"Oh no," He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes, "C'est dommage, tu serais gêné," That's a shame, you'd be embarrassed, he adds as I laugh at him, because he knows how much bullshit that is, and that it's not about me being embarrassed.